Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Getting rid of roaches in car

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #1

Getting rid of roaches in car

Recently, my car is infested with roaches. No matter how many times of vacuuming or killing them, they still persistently refuse to go away. It's getting very irritating for me already.Any solutions?
hesperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Master Member

No use killing and vacuuming, cos they probably started a nest in your car. Kill already, will still be back with more.

Use those roach baits, put 1 under each seat, they eat liao and die. It will take abit of time, but definitely works. Also, avoid eating in your car at least for another 1-2months, small food scraps would keep them alive.
lattesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 AM   #3

I am old school all-natural eco-friendly! Pandanus amaryllifolius! Fresh pandan leaves to keep the roaches away.
justicesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

They can eat anything including papers.

You need bait to kill them, all of them. Take up to 6 months assuming you put at right position.

Else, dismantle your car a little and pray can find the eggs/nest.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
EJB
Arch-Supremacy Member

Never eat in the car.

As the rest said, either bait them or live with them.

If you are up to it, get a professional to fumigate the whole car but be prepared to stink with it for a while.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #6

thanks... will try with those roach baits and see the results first.. i think engaging a professional to do it seems like too extreme le.. lol..
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Master Member

It's the hottest and dryest month of all time dude! Easy peasy. Close windows/vents, leave car to bake at some outdoor carpark for 6-8 hours. Tada - roast cockroaches.
BiGhaPPyJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #8

It's the hottest and dryest month of all time dude! Easy peasy. Close windows/vents, leave car to bake at some outdoor carpark for 6-8 hours. Tada - roast cockroaches.
We can get rid of roaches this way? So easy??
fitness_hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #9

Hi TS. my house behind got some pandan leaves. i went to cut some to place in my car. the effect is very obvious. really no more roaches. however i don't like the pandan smell. had to buy an air freshener to try and cover the smell.
leroyegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Master Member

Sure or not? Doesn't work for me leh. Me often outdoor parking from 8am+ till 6pm+ every workday. Still roaches roaming ard in my car.

Pandan leaves? Tried also but even till pandan leaves dried up, roaches started to infest the pandan leaves bundle instead! WTH!

I gave up, surrender to roaches. Cos my kids often eats/drinks in my car. What to do? barred them from eating and drinking in car?
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

What to do? barred them from eating and drinking in car?
as a matter of fact, yes.

On another topic of pandan leaves, it doesnt really work for me, have to keep changing the leaves every now and then as it dries up.

Basically, i just use the low-est tech method - spray the entire car interior, plus boot with baygon haha. close door close boot, 1 hr later open up, lots of dead baby cockroach, then vaccuum the entire place. then put cockroach bait the next day when the smell of insecticide is gone, and also NEVER eat in the car ever again. So far, almost never see cockroaches liao.
zeroex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
Master Member

No use ley.. My house carpark is open air, everyday under sun. Plus my car OPC, can for mon-fri all the way under the sun never move. For a period of time kana roaches, still won't die. Then used the roach baits, works best.. don't see them anymore.
lattesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Try to get antimos from the supermarket. If not put some lemongrass.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #14

i have same roach infestation problem, and pandan leaves doesn't help at all. then the roach problem got worse, their cousin moved in too, the lizard.

the event unfolded unexpectedly.. after just 1 week, the roaches are gone, presumably cannibalized by the lizard. i have to put up with lizard droppings here and there, but not 1 roach is ever seen again. after 2 more weeks, no more lizard dropping. i assume it has migrated to greener pasture.

problem solved, "naturally", for now. till the roaches move in again.
foxxkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #15

ya, I park at open area too.. roaches still alive and active.. these roaches can really tahan toughness... dunno where they can get their water supply.. best of all, even though the car is like a greenhouse effect, i.e., inside temperature is much hotter than outside when parked under the sun, they never get cooked!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.