Grab car - I have a Friend that was charged under penal code 403

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kena many times, I make them come down take it back from me.

Only once the lady very nice, I arranged to drop off at her block if I pass by. End up I didn't so on my off work day I drove to her workplace return her.

Got one pair of chao ang moh, insist their phone dropped in my car, I check check, cannot find, they accuse my next batch of passengers take, and say if I still can't find, tell me they want to call police - insinuating I took it.

Told them go ahead. My record very clean with Uber.

Sometimes very hard to be 'human'.

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I say my friend..

I am a sinkie...

How can i be SPR ?... -_-

think if a SPR holds a TDVL -_-

Last edited:

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So, to answer the question ‘What do you think will be the verdict [sic]?’, we will visit some of the prominent cases where serious criminal offences were commited by permanent residents.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) confirms that:
Any permanent resident (PR) who has been convicted of an offence will have his PR status reviewed by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.

It was also reported that the ICA “... also has a longstanding policy of revoking the PR status of foreigners who are convicted of crimes.” and “... PRs must respect and abide by Singapore's laws.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-guide-yang-yins-pr-status-revoked-in-nov-ica

Accordingly, if the verdict is guilty, it is likely that the offender will be punished accordingly and have his permanent residency revoked.

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ya...igh-profile-cases-where-pr-status-was-revoked

I hope this is the case...

but high profile...

this case consider high or low?...

i ever heard long back someone theft and gotten SPR to be revoked..

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Instead of returning the handphones to the owners, he sold them off in Malaysia, I think he deserves to be punished. :zonia:

still pending ...

after cny then verdict comes out..

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I have been a taxi driver b4 - seriously 3 times I go all the way to return hp to owners and 2/3 times they still grumble and look unhappy when I handover them their hp! totally ungrateful as one time I was already in the east while owner drop his in the west. Took a while for me to notice the ringing hp (30mins). I was dead tired at end of day and about to drive home at north when I found his lost hp. I answered his called and I remember where I drop him, I sped all the way to him. Personally handed to him, he just took it and give me a (-A-) unhappy look.

Just a simple thank you will be nice to me but instead he just walk off and duno what he grumble about (cannot hear).

What for returning hp to these ungrateful ppl? tell me?

I am just a kind of person who will return hp de but end of days like now - I think back, for what fu*k why do I do such things? 1st case of hp returning - lady was happy and said thank you and promise me to comment me good service noting down my license plate number. Nothing came but I simply no care thou.

TS friend is right to sell of those drop HPs but dumb enough to get - deserved to be punish thou.

Last edited:

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
HTML:
TS, be a man, just admit and case close, you drag longer, go for trial etc, your fine will be harsher.

he already admitted..

but case cannot close yet..

Hmmm...

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have been a taxi driver b4 - seriously 3 times I go all the way to return hp to owners and 2/3 times they still grumble and look unhappy when I handover them their hp! totally ungrateful as one time I was already in the east while owner drop his in the west. Took a while for me to notice the ringing hp (30mins). I was dead tired at end of day and about to drive home at north when I found his lost hp. I answered his called and I remember where I drop him, I sped all the way to him. Personally handed to him, he just took it and give me a (-A-) unhappy look.

Just a simple thank you will be nice to me but instead he just walk off and duno what he grumble about (cannot hear).

their heart not good..

i ever send back before..

i kenna tip $20 lol

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
their heart not good..

i ever send back before..

i kenna tip $20 lol

Generally normal ppl will talk what they will do if a driver go all the way back to return you the hp - all my kakis (non drivers) answer will at least tips them or write a recommendation or something.

This is what ppl will talk but when facing the situation - human react differently and selfishly. Self thinking when waiting for their hp - why driver take so long to return? why never ans my hp soon enough? trying to take my hp is it?

No choice in this society as majority human behaviour are the same.

Last edited:

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am just a kind of person who will return hp de but end of days like now - I think back, for what fu*k why do I do such things? 1st case of hp returning - lady was happy and said thank you and promise me to comment me good service noting down my license plate number. Nothing came but I simply no care thou.

TS friend is right to sell of those drop HPs but dumb enough to get - deserved to be punish thou.

Lol y u no ask for delivery charge? I say either u collect from office l&f, npc or $20 delivery charge. Take yr pick.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol y u no ask for delivery charge? I say either u collect from office l&f, npc or $20 delivery charge. Take yr pick.

Plzzz...1 stupid complaint can either I end up police station or lose my taxi license or both?!

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
uber now have $10 reward to driver who return things..

01asdf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Safest and easiest to drop off at police post? $10 isn't even enough to cover the extra trip.

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u waste time talking to the police too..

filing the report super troublesome..

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The fastest way to return a lost item may not be the most efficient way.

———-
Lost and Found

The fastest way to return a lost item is to contact your passenger directly and agree on a time and place to meet.

It is a good habit, after every trip, to remind your passenger to check the vehicle for any items left behind.

If you don't know which passenger it belongs to, note the date and time found and bring the item down to our office at 28 Sin Ming Lane, #01-143 Midview City, Singapore 573972, Mondays to Fridays from 10am to 6pm, or Saturdays from 10am to 3pm and drop it off.

https://help.grab.com/hc/en-sg/articles/115008318688

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Taxi course did teach drivers a trick or two to deal with such lost items and requesting for an upfront delivery charge is not recommended.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the case...

but high profile...

this case consider high or low?...

i ever heard long back someone theft and gotten SPR to be revoked..

What the article meant was that the ICA “has a longstanding policy of revoking the PR status of foreigners who are convicted of crimes.

The papers merely reported cases of high profile people having their PR revoked.
The low profile cases go unreported.

drianist

Master Member
Reaction score
if i am a taxi driver, and i find any phone in my car, i will off it and go police station and give them.

provide ic number
carplate
thats all.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i am a taxi driver, and i find any phone in my car, i will off it and go police station and give them.

provide ic number
carplate
thats all.

Phv drivers cannot do the same? Only can send back to rider or hq? If me, I will also just drop it at Npc if there is no need for a long report.

Last edited:

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Issue is dropping at NPC need to waste 1 hour making report....
If there is no queue...

Everytime when someone alight
Turn back and check for any dropped items...

Do not keep other people item for own use ....

Will get it from the law...

Not worth it...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.