Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stallone
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Master Member

HDB Night Parking being scrapped?

I've noticed that many HDB such as Potong Pasir (yet to have EPS gantry) and other HDB carparks which have EPS gantry implemented doing away with night parking for visitor.

First noticed when i wanted park overnight at my friend's place at potong pasir for MJ......end up have to drive quite far away out of Potong Pasir HDB estates area to have night parking.....Zzzzz.

Now my place at bukit batok just got implemented with EPS Parking gantry. Previous night parking for $4 still available but ever since the new EPS gantry......they removed night parking making it only for season parking.

Punggol also another issue where no free parking on sunday & public holiday whole punggol.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #2

The CP built are catered to residents only. Usually an estate will Have some carparks with overnight parking. These are car parks that are not too popular.

For e.g. my block car park after 10pm is for season holders. Across the road the car park got night parking

For a car park to implement no night parking, most likely got feedback from residents that not enuf lots
hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Some blocks in Buangkok doesn't even have parking lots for visitors for day or night lor.

I know our island is tiny, but it doesn't mean we have to cramp everything together and forgo what is just basic needs.

Who is that elite up there who came up with this huh?
HeadQuarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

cos residents complain they night time come home no space to park eventho they buy season parking

hey TS, u complain no night parking, but wad if u come home at night but have no space to park leh? will u complain too?
truefriend likes this.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #5

Ultimately, it is poor planning. Too little lots was being built. Might be due to poor estimation of the demand of residents and visitors.
hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Some blocks in Buangkok doesn't even have parking lots for visitors for day or night lor.

I know our island is tiny, but it doesn't mean we have to cramp everything together and forgo what is just basic needs.

my flat lor..

last time open to all my flat belo got kopi tiam...alot of ple park at night ..no space...

then alot of ple complain...i no car then so no complain

then after 1030pm ......only for season parking

undergd parking 2 small liao...
croc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Master Member

cos residents complain they night time come home no space to park eventho they buy season parking

hey TS, u complain no night parking, but wad if u come home at night but have no space to park leh? will u complain too?
This is due to poor planning to cope with the explosion of car ownership indirectly driven by the population.

My estate has plenty of parking in the middle of carpark....yet they scrapped the night parking. My opinion is unless there is complain of insufficient parking......but this is not always the case for those new EPS implementation location.

They simply do away for convenience and standardizing their implementation. I can find a few estates which still have at least 20% available lots middle of night yet no night parking after EPS gantry installed.

We have come to such time where the authorities comes up simple solution to remove night parking when people complain not enough..........Erect ERP gantry when Jam comes.

More or less agreed upon by the 60.1% majority.
Old 23-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

my house area carpark always full. residents complain so no night parking anymore. my house area all for season parking at night. only opposite carpark got night parking (gantry type).
xDarkJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ultimately, it is poor planning. Too little lots was being built. Might be due to poor estimation of the demand of residents and visitors.
agree... failed planning...
christian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.