Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #31
Master Member

FD2 - 2L
FD1 - 1.8L
FD4 - 1.6L

To get a accurate fuel consumption estimate, do the following.

Fill up tank. Stop pumping once the nozzle auto stops.
Reset Trip A.
Drive till next top up.
Fill up tank. Stop pumping once nozzle auto stops.
Take the distance travelled from the last pump and divide by the amount pumped. This method is fairly accurate.

Driving in sports mode increases the fuel comsumption. You might however want to use the paddle shifts in Drive mode to shift quickly to gear 5, depending on road conditions.

You might want to check your tyres and alignment as well. What size, brand and age?

I think you are probably doing 10 to 11km/l.

Hi , thanks... so mine is FD1A le...

I only tried once driving in sport mode on e expressway. But i thought the paddle shift can only be used when u switch to S mode? Can use paddle shift when in Drive mode? What u mean by shift quickly to gear 5 in drive mode depending on road condition? You mean when i want to overtake people car? I not quite sure using D or S mode is best when trying to overtake ppl car... please advice.. thanks
Illegal_Operation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #32
Master Member

Fuel leak.. the smell very obvious one..
yah, fuel leak v obvious smell. so far did not smell any fuel smell leh...
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #33

heard other say drink more fuel when use paddleshift..

my fd2a full tank light up @ 360-380, but when i went to pump @ light up, can only pump in 40liter only.. don't trust your fuel gauge not accurate..
When you use paddleshift, the purpose is to over-write the auto gear, to allow you to drag certain gears longer.

Normally, in auto mode, the gears shift up at the optimal level which is programmed in the ECU. Maybe at every 2k rpm the gears will shift up. So when you use paddleshifters, unless you replicate what the computer is doing, or then fuel consumption would vary. Tendancy to rev higher using paddle shifters is also there.

Hope this 2 cent helps.
Blurt2321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #34

yah, fuel leak v obvious smell. so far did not smell any fuel smell leh...
Ok, thankfully.

Because the difference of your mileage is too high. Based on what is mentioned here. It's like approximately 100km and if 1 litre can travel 10 km, that is like 10 litres of petrol....which is quite a lot of volume disappearing into nowhere
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #35
Master Member

Ok, thankfully.

Because the difference of your mileage is too high. Based on what is mentioned here. It's like approximately 100km and if 1 litre can travel 10 km, that is like 10 litres of petrol....which is quite a lot of volume disappearing into nowhere
ya noted. but i think need servicing.. cos not sure when was the last time e previous owner did the servicing..
Old 08-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #36
Master Member

Ok, thankfully.

hi understand that.. hopefully servicing would improve that. Not sure when was the last servicing done by the previous owner...
Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #37
Master Member

hmmm... anyone uses paddle shift? how u all uses it to overtake vehicle?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #38

hi understand that.. hopefully servicing would improve that. Not sure when was the last servicing done by the previous owner...
Yea man, I feel your frustrations. Previously my father in law had such a problem too on his super old honda....found out that it was fuel tank leak but only the rear passenger can smell the leak cus it's not a big leak....
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #39
Master Member

Yea man, I feel your frustrations. Previously my father in law had such a problem too on his super old honda....found out that it was fuel tank leak but only the rear passenger can smell the leak cus it's not a big leak....
hmmm... but if is a fuel tank leak...it will drip on e floor rite? so let say u park ur car in the carpark, then e next day when u move off, ur carpark lot would have fuel leak on the floor, am i right?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #40
High Supremacy Member

engine oil change
spark plug
air filter
fuel.system cleaner
tires
wheel alignment
right foot
reset ecu to relearn ur driving style
aaur4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #41

hmmm... but if is a fuel tank leak...it will drip on e floor rite? so let say u park ur car in the carpark, then e next day when u move off, ur carpark lot would have fuel leak on the floor, am i right?
his leak was not at the bottom i tink so it did not drip onto the ground. Also the crack wasn't really deep so fuel kind of seeped through bit by bit......

But yours not really an old car so shouldn't have that leak problem
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
Master Member

engine oil change
spark plug
air filter
fuel.system cleaner
tires
wheel alignment
right foot
reset ecu to relearn ur driving style

I would change the engine oil and ATF first... the rest would wait till i hit 50k mileage.

My workshop say change the engine oil to Idemitsu 5w30 which is to save FC... what is ur comment? thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #43
Master Member

i say reset ecu and try again...
bl_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #44

Will using Ron 98 help on the fuel efficiency?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #45

How to reset ecu?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.