HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Honda Fit/Jazz

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
High Supremacy Member

eh the fc for my 08 fit is still ok i guess. if u dun mod too much can clock abv 400km for ard 31-32 litres of petrol.

hmm check for patches of paint to see if got 2 tones color, maybe trying to cover up something? if can test drive, feel the suspension, brakes etc.
hwaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
Banned

eh the fc for my 08 fit is still ok i guess. if u dun mod too much can clock abv 400km for ard 31-32 litres of petrol.

hmm check for patches of paint to see if got 2 tones color, maybe trying to cover up something? if can test drive, feel the suspension, brakes etc.
agreed! the 08 Fit still has GREAT FC. I clocked about 400-420 for that amount of petrol also, just that on the Jazz I can clock 450-470... so slightly better only la.

TS: Check the car at speeds of 80km/h and above if possible (on highway), because when i test drove my Jazz, didn't realize one of the tires were worn until it became ****ing noisy. When drive on highway then the sound will come out. I had to replace tires immediately after buying the car at $400+
wohouboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #18

ensure there is no blurring of headlight cover
blurryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

ensure there is no blurring of headlight cover
quite common due to plastic degrading, kah motor will change it if you regularly send to KM for servicing and still under 3yrs warranty.
mun_hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi buddies, thanks for the great advice

Is there anything to check for 2nd hand Jazz, 09 model? Not sure what is important to check for Jazz.
sometimes it can be ambiguous if you talk about the year, especially if there is an overlapping year. fit/jazz of the same generation can also be called different year. so i suggest using the generation to better differentiate which one is it, ie GD or GE. eg 08 fit is not the same as 08 jazz. for the same 08 fit, it is the 09 jazz.

if you referring to a 09 jazz, i suppose it's the current GE model. there are quite a handful of differences between a parallel import fit and a kah motor jazz.

both are using the same 1.3 or 1.5 ivtec engine.
fit is using cvt and jazz is using 5AT for transmission.
fit are all cvt. jazz has both 5AT and manual.
fit has 2 smaller front disc brakes and 2 rear drum braks, jazz has 2 bigger front discs and rear discs as well.
fit is 2 x 3pt and 1 x lap belt for the rear. jazz is 3 x 3pt belts.
fit has no boot cover. jazz has it.
fit is manual lever air ventilation control. jazz is electronic control (press button for fresh/recycle air).
fit has led 3rd brake light. jazz is normal bulb.

there are more differences, but mainly on the accessory level.

for the same version (GE), whether which year is it, technical specs are the same. difference is more of cosmetic (different kits and trims).

do note that some PIs do bring in jazz but they are from thailand. so just check to make sure. you can check the VIN tag found on the center pillar of the passenger side. for japan assembled jazz brought in by kah motor, it should start with JHMGE6xxxxxxx (1.3) or JHMGE8xxxxxx (1.5).if you see starting with MRHGE6 or MRHGE8 then it's from thailand.

Last edited by weng; 20-10-2011 at 07:33 PM..
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
tk
Supremacy Member

agreed! the 08 Fit still has GREAT FC. I clocked about 400-420 for that amount of petrol also, just that on the Jazz I can clock 450-470... so slightly better only la.
420km for 31ltr is 13.5km/l.. not really that great considering the hype.. but 470km for 31ltr is 15km/l.. more deserving of the hype..
tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
Banned

420km for 31ltr is 13.5km/l.. not really that great considering the hype.. but 470km for 31ltr is 15km/l.. more deserving of the hype..
depends on driver's foot and temperament
Old 20-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
Master Member

many nice bros here give comments. something new about the labelling. thanks

sometimes it can be ambiguous if you talk about the year, especially if there is an overlapping year. fit/jazz of the same generation can also be called different year. so i suggest using the generation to better differentiate which one is it, ie GD or GE. eg 08 fit is not the same as 08 jazz. for the same 08 fit, it is the 09 jazz.

if you referring to a 09 jazz, i suppose it's the current GE model. there are quite a handful of differences between a parallel import fit and a kah motor jazz.

both are using the same 1.3 or 1.5 ivtec engine.
fit is using cvt and jazz is using 5AT for transmission.
fit are all cvt. jazz has both 5AT and manual.
fit has 2 smaller front disc brakes and 2 rear drum braks, jazz has 2 bigger front discs and rear discs as well.
fit is 2 x 3pt and 1 x lap belt for the rear. jazz is 3 x 3pt belts.
fit has no boot cover. jazz has it.
fit is manual lever air ventilation control. jazz is electronic control (press button for fresh/recycle air).
fit has led 3rd brake light. jazz is normal bulb.

there are more differences, but mainly on the accessory level.

for the same version (GE), whether which year is it, technical specs are the same. difference is more of cosmetic (different kits and trims).

do note that some PIs do bring in jazz but they are from thailand. so just check to make sure. you can check the VIN tag found on the center pillar of the passenger side. for japan assembled jazz brought in by kah motor, it should start with JHMGE6xxxxxxx (1.3) or JHMGE8xxxxxx (1.5).if you see starting with MRHGE6 or MRHGE8 then it's from thailand.
drpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
Master Member

I'm getting like 13.6km/l for my 09 Fit.
Using SPC 95 petrol but i'm quite a heavy footer.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #25

jazz >>> good viewing angle for the front, rear seats can be a bit uncomfortable if seated too long, handling wise so so and although it is MIJ the quality is not that good

city >>> viewing angle is a bit low not that great compared to jazz. seats are slightly more comfortable then jazz. handling personally i feel its slight better then fit. its MIT but build quality is better then the jazz

FC wise, both about the same.
if both are AT gearbox right...... City AT gear change is smoother then Jazz. Jazz AT gear change can be a bit jerky.

i personally drove quite a number of city and jazz that are about 80k km+++....

yes the older city using the IDSI are having better FC but but its using 2 sets of spark plugs. so its like you pay more for the spark plugs and save slightly a bit on the petrol.
so in the end its like even out eventually...
Old 20-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #26
Banned

jazz >>> good viewing angle for the front, rear seats can be a bit uncomfortable if seated too long, handling wise so so and although it is MIJ the quality is not that good

city >>> viewing angle is a bit low not that great compared to jazz. seats are slightly more comfortable then jazz. handling personally i feel its slight better then fit. its MIT but build quality is better then the jazz

if both are AT gearbox right...... City AT gear change is smoother then Jazz. Jazz AT gear change can be a bit jerky.

yes the older city using the IDSI are having better FC but but its using 2 sets of spark plugs. so its like you pay more for the spark plugs and save slightly a bit on the petrol.
this one is jazz vs fit not jazz vs city leh
Old 20-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #27

dude your jazz can clock that much of mileage? is yours 1.3 or 1.5?
mine is at best 330 for shell 95 or 350 for SPC levo.
both ard 34litres used.
08 version jazz 1.5S here.
w3iw3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

i've mentioned before about the extra set of spark plugs. i think it's overhyped liao. many just hearsay and pass it on without really calculating and see for themselves. if your mileage is typical about 20 to 25k a year, you'll only need to change once if you are on normal copper plugs. if you are on iridiums, then you can stretch up to at least 3yrs before changing. so that will be like $20 for the extra set of copper plugs a year, or $60 for the extra set of iridiums over 3yrs, which works out to be the same.

now let's see the petrol savings, taking 25,000km a year and ron95 petrol.

15km/l = 1667 litres
14km/l = 1785 litres
13km/l = 1923 litres
average petrol cost after 5% station discount and credit card say give another 5% = $1.86

difference between 15 and 14 is 118 litres = $219 savings.
difference between 15 and 13 is 256 litres = $476 savings.
difference between 14 and 13 is 138 litres = $256 savings.

so with the same driving style, if you can achieve 15km/l for idsi and only 13 for a ivtec, then your savings is quite a substantial half a k. even if it's 14 vs 13, it's still a $256 savings in a year.

what is that $20 for that extra set of sparks?

regarding built quality.. i think fit/jazz still has an edge over city. eg, just press press on the door panel and you'll know

Last edited by weng; 20-10-2011 at 11:56 PM..
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #29

dude your jazz can clock that much of mileage? is yours 1.3 or 1.5?
mine is at best 330 for shell 95 or 350 for SPC levo.
both ard 34litres used.
08 version jazz 1.5S here.
wah... that is 10km/l.

i have no problem reaching 15-16 km/l. I travel KPE at the way Mine is GE6 Jazz
blurryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #30
Master Member

i've mentioned before about the extra set of spark plugs. i think it's overhyped liao. many just hearsay and pass it on without really calculating and see for themselves. if your mileage is typical about 20 to 25k a year, you'll only need to change once if you are on normal copper plugs. if you are on iridiums, then you can stretch up to at least 3yrs before changing. so that will be like $20 for the extra set of copper plugs a year, or $60 for the extra set of iridiums over 3yrs, which works out to be the same.

now let's see the petrol savings, taking 25,000km a year and ron95 petrol.

15km/l = 1667 litres
14km/l = 1785 litres
13km/l = 1923 litres
average petrol cost after 5% station discount and credit card say give another 5% = $1.86

difference between 15 and 14 is 118 litres = $219 savings.
difference between 15 and 13 is 256 litres = $476 savings.
difference between 14 and 13 is 138 litres = $256 savings.

so with the same driving style, if you can achieve 15km/l for idsi and only 13 for a ivtec, then your savings is quite a substantial half a k. even if it's 14 vs 13, it's still a $256 savings in a year.

what is that $20 for that extra set of sparks?

regarding built quality.. i think fit/jazz still has an edge over city. eg, just press press on the door panel and you'll know
every ride has its own pro n cons.. there's one thing i like about jazz/city over fit. you can adjust the rear seat leaning more backwards as needed...

this feature make its good for long n short distance..
dareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.