How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
finally pass on my 3rd tries at BBDC....

1st try: 32 pts. summary of events: knock down pole once during parallel parking; 3 times never check blindspot; never use engine brake going downslope; i think touch kerb during veritcal parking and some overtaking ****!

2nd try: i remember instant failure and minus 22 points. summary: vertical parking cannopt go in after 3 tries, keep touching the kerb... then handbrake never release fully....

3rd try: 8 points finally pass lol. 2 veer off course and nothing else... at 1st i thought gonna fail course i still damn nervous, and i never warmup before that.... and my last test is in june and now then i go for test with only 2 revision lesssons..... everything is smooth in circuit, but i thought i gonna buang on my vertical again... i thought i hit the kerb for vertical but luckily didnt hit. haha and all the rest are history!!

luckily for today, not much traffic!!

and btw, i took the test at 1145pm, tester is yeoh thien chai, thanks alot mr yeo!

congrats to u n welcome to the driver world. must be careful when driving from nw, no more instructor to look out traffic for you.

trafox10

Reaction score
Thank you!!! mux adjust side mirror nxt time liao.

Dont pressure yourself too much, you can do it!
Dont think about the results, regardless of failure or passing.
(keep on thinking in your mind "i must pass, die die must pass")

Just do your best during the test.

If you can have this mindset, you will feel more relax.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
what my instructor told me about parallel parking is when you are reversing into the slot and turning in, look at right side mirror and look out for the 2 poles behind. once you have clear view of the inner pole (ok when you see the inner pole, both pole should be seen already). then you can straighten. next wait till the right front pole is just slightly infront of your left side mirror, then you full turn to right. always works for me. instead, its vertical parking im more worried about.

vertical is not that hard compare to parallel, the most important is position your car on the white line, pole disappear full turn right, appear 1/4 turn left 1 round, disappear full right again, sure can go in.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel vertical is hard becoz the parking lot very narrow, either u turn at the right point or else your wheel will buah the kerb

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel vertical is hard becoz the parking lot very narrow, either u turn at the right point or else your wheel will buah the kerb

Got more than enuff space one, u got to position ur car correctly before turning

chainer22

Reaction score
vertical is not that hard compare to parallel, the most important is position your car on the white line, pole disappear full turn right, appear 1/4 turn left 1 round, disappear full right again, sure can go in.

to me i think is because for parallel parking, i can confidently go in swee swee without adjustments or anything usually. but for vertical parking, there is the adjusting part, where if you see the pole disappear and reappear, need to turn back half round or what.

Reaction score
If your car is not straight for vertical parking or when turning in for directional change, will the tester give you demerit points?

Reaction score
If your car is not straight for vertical parking or when turning in for directional change, will the tester give you demerit points?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
what my instructor told me about parallel parking is when you are reversing into the slot and turning in, look at right side mirror and look out for the 2 poles behind. once you have clear view of the inner pole (ok when you see the inner pole, both pole should be seen already). then you can straighten. next wait till the right front pole is just slightly infront of your left side mirror, then you full turn to right. always works for me. instead, its vertical parking im more worried about.

gd tip!

cause im using the left wiper 45 degree method at the moment. will try out urs nxt time.

what im worry abt is the reversing during full right lock den reverse too much hit the left wheel hit the kerb lo.

den for s course and crank course also worry. during test, my feeling always bui zhun. during practice zhun most of the time.
will heed fxg123 side mirror advice.

Thx all for ur encouragement!

M.Eddy

Master Member
Reaction score
gd tip!

cause im using the left wiper 45 degree method at the moment. will try out urs nxt time.

what im worry abt is the reversing during full right lock den reverse too much hit the left wheel hit the kerb lo.

den for s course and crank course also worry. during test, my feeling always bui zhun. during practice zhun most of the time.

For s course. Just use ur wheel to gauge. For example, a right turn in the s course. Ur right wheel must be visually in the middle of the road.

Last edited:

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
go
gd tip!

different ppl will likely tell you different method,, the most important is find one most suitable for u. my advice is go ahead to try on different method (i also last time) but tell your instructors kindly you like to try on new method, because some instructor dun like when you nvr follow thier instruction.

princeage

Master Member
Reaction score
have qns to ask

1) When turning out of Side Road, when there is cars coming on 2nd Lane, must we stop to let them pass 1st or can proceed as long as 1st lane is Clear?

2) When near to Zebra Crossing, can drive in 3rd Gear or must be in 2nd gear or depend on road conditions??

thanks for replies... :)

fishercell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have qns to ask

1) When turning out of Side Road, when there is cars coming on 2nd Lane, must we stop to let them pass 1st or can proceed as long as 1st lane is Clear?

2) When near to Zebra Crossing, can drive in 3rd Gear or must be in 2nd gear or depend on road conditions??

thanks for replies... :)

1)let them pass first cos u dunno the driver might switch lane suddenly, unless the oncoming car is still far away

2)zebra crossing i think associated with hump right?can't rem liao...anyway, if so drive in gear 2

jasciante

Reaction score
hey all..i'm a private student.

i just took my 1st tp test last fri sept 11 at 345pmand i was utterly disappointed...with the way i'm being tested. i think it was clearly unjustice. honestly i didnt do any major errors(mount/strike kerb, wrong positioning etc), while doing the courses..even parking i went in 1 time and tester insisted i didnt check blindspots etc. so pts deducted..fine.

even the route test was cut short, no u-turn..no ebrake. the road mainly zebra crossing, bends, school zone area and stoplines..all i believed all i hv to go slow except for straight roads. so i was somewhat hoping to pass but i noticed tester ticked like there's no tmrw so i dont assume anything.

back at the testing room, he kept saying that i was slow..etc. those at bbdc will know whats the traffic like inside circuit at that time. and my friend who took driving under school bbdc told me ..her instructor said alot of time dont go beyond 20km/h in circuit. i took her advice except for straight road i go like 25-30km/h. she already passed her test last 2 mths 1st attempt.

i was aware of blind spot checking and stuffs so i really did my best . i was also angry when tester deducted me 4pts for not checking at bbdc exit when i already did turn my head 2-3 times before turning left. so when i failed i was just disappointed..especially when no major errors done. and most points marked in circuits.

those who took the tp same date/time as me, do share yr experiences. most of my friends told me because i'munder private so tester purposely failed me and also because that tester already reached his quota for the day so i was realy unlucky. ;(

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
sch student. took my tp test today at cdc. kenna foo shou way. driving wasnt up to my usual standard i must admit. but he also abit impatient ask me to overtake one car when leaving circuit, then in front of the car was a stop line.

so i went to the other lane and drove off. (the lane was meant for cars in the opp dir) he then said i didnt stop at stop line and immediate fail me. :(

oh well next test at start of nov. :o

need more prac in vertical parking, slope and directional change.

he say i striked the kerb for directional change but then the blue part of the cone still visible? abit confused also la.

Last edited:

jasciante

Reaction score
can anyone share their speed limit in circuit during test ? i'mstill not satisfied on how he judged my speed is too slow..

aabeesee...looks like we're both looking forward to the 2nd one. i booked my nxt test on 30th oct. hope to get luckier this time

punkly

Reaction score
20km/h in circuit shld be fine. dun think got such thing as too slow in circuit one. mayb u r just unlucky to get tt tester. i rem i also did arnd tt range 20-25km/h in circuit. tester also never say too slow or wad.

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there, my tester was foo shou way too! i felt that he was rather lenient already, i passed under him (second attempt).

sch student. took my tp test today at cdc. kenna foo shou way. driving wasnt up to my usual standard i must admit. but he also abit impatient ask me to overtake one car when leaving circuit, then in front of the car was a stop line.

so i went to the other lane and drove off. (the lane was meant for cars in the opp dir) he then said i didnt stop at stop line and immediate fail me. :(

oh well next test at start of nov. :o

need more prac in vertical parking, slope and directional change.

he say i striked the kerb for directional change but then the blue part of the cone still visible? abit confused also la.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.