HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

Like Tree1385Likes
View Poll Results: How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?
1 time 1,332 57.91%
2 times 542 23.57%
3 times 247 10.74%
4 times 86 3.74%
5 times 34 1.48%
6 or more times 59 2.57%
Voters: 2300. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #16
Supremacy Member

I wanna ask for manual... when you come to a complete stop, do you downshift or switch to neutral and brake till stop?
saysuzu likes this.
ahhjiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #17

Smile

I wanna ask for manual... when you come to a complete stop, do you downshift or switch to neutral and brake till stop?
Yes, switch to neutral, brake and stop for complete stop.
saysuzu likes this.
andrewkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do " complete stop, downshift" during test.

Once got license den do "switch to neutral, brake and stop for complete stop."

If not becoming not using engine brake or free wheeling.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #19

Hi, my private instructor told me that I need to buy a $210 package for circuit driving lessons. Just to check is this the correct practice?
saysuzu likes this.
Champion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #20

Smile

Do " complete stop, downshift" during test.

Once got license den do "switch to neutral, brake and stop for complete stop."

If not becoming not using engine brake or free wheeling.
you mean you will get demerit points for that? I have been doing this all along while driving my company lorry and family car....this is what every drivers are doing on the road...should be fine...
saysuzu likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #21

Smile

Hi, my private instructor told me that I need to buy a $210 package for circuit driving lessons. Just to check is this the correct practice?
Niot true...for circuit training you need to pay to your pdi another $30 for using the circuit on top of the normal rate that he charge you. ie $42 for 90 mins ..means instead of $42, u pay $72..

Hope this clarify your doubt..
saysuzu likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #22

Cool

Uhm... Approximately how long does it take for the photo-card license to arrive from mail? What happens if nobody is at home to collect? Thanks!!!
For me, takes about 16 days...my photocard is ready in two weeks..then need a few days of delivery...you can go to Singapore Police website to check whether your photocard is ready...
saysuzu likes this.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

you mean you will get demerit points for that? I have been doing this all along while driving my company lorry and family car....this is what every drivers are doing on the road...should be fine...
Like I said for the sake of test... do it the proper way. After pass ... can do whatever you want.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #24

For those who have passed their TP at SSDC, would like to clarify on how do you guys gauge whether your car will strike kerb as you are about to move out from the parallel parking lot? That was how I failed my first TP, I strike the kerb twice for parallel parking while reversing and moving out.

This is hard because every parallel parking that I do will somehow end up in a different position, hence making the kerb hard to see and such. Any useful advice? Would appreciate any input! My TP is on this Tuesday btw, thanks so much!
saysuzu likes this.

Last edited by LordKuroda; 08-06-2013 at 02:50 PM..
LordKuroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #25

For those who have passed their TP at SSDC, would like to clarify on how do you guys gauge whether your car will strike kerb as you are about to move out from the parallel parking lot? That was how I failed my first TP, I strike the kerb twice for parallel parking while reversing and moving out.

This is hard because every parallel parking that I do will somehow end up in a different position, hence making the kerb hard to see and such. Any useful advice? Would appreciate any input! My TP is on this Tuesday btw, thanks so much!

MOVING OFF
I do not know your parking style, but be sure that everytime when you about to move off, you should try reverse the car abit, perhaps near the back kerb but not hitting it. Then immediately when your car starts movement (1st gear or 'D'), turn full lock wheel to the right quickly.

REVERSING
To prevent hitting back curb, you can adjust your mirror until you can see your back wheel(s). But be sure to adjust back after moving out.
saysuzu and LordKuroda like this.
hellight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #26
Master Member

got question guys, my private instructor just requested another $15 on top of my $20 booking fees, claims that CDC now charges additional 15 for circuit on test date, true/false ?
saysuzu likes this.
XxlwAteRzlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #27

Smile

got question guys, my private instructor just requested another $15 on top of my $20 booking fees, claims that CDC now charges additional 15 for circuit on test date, true/false ?
I dont think so..but under private instructor for TP have to fork out $200 at least for rental of circuit use etc etc....for the $15 extra..you better check out with cdc before you give money to yr pdi.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #28

Smile

MOVING OFF
I do not know your parking style, but be sure that everytime when you about to move off, you should try reverse the car abit, perhaps near the back kerb but not hitting it. Then immediately when your car starts movement (1st gear or 'D'), turn full lock wheel to the right quickly.

REVERSING
To prevent hitting back curb, you can adjust your mirror until you can see your back wheel(s). But be sure to adjust back after moving out.
ok...for real life situation, do you use the 45 degree for parallel parking?imagine in verasamy rd(mustafa area) there is one parallel parking empty slot between two parked vehicles..how u gauge yr car to prevent hitting the front n back car? sometime when u see the side mirror it looks like your car is hitting the behind car..but in reality there is still some gap...
saysuzu likes this.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #29

Hi guys, i just pass my TP on 4th June 2013 with 18 points, it is my 4th attempt, LOL.
saysuzu likes this.
blade39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #30

If u are on the 3 or 4 gear, and u have the time to downshift, u can downshift to 2 gear (so tester know you applying engine brake) b4 u come to a stop.

But what i normally do when i am on 3 or 4 gear is to step on brake first to slow down, clutch in when coming to a stop, and than step brake again to stop completely.

I dont know about SSDC, I took my test at CDC. Just to share with you, for parallel parking at CDC, the car cannot move out on one try, the left front wheel sure will strike kerb.

What i suggest to you is, when you are ready to move out, slowly reverse your vehicle (looking at the right mirror, should be able to see your back right wheel), stop b4 hitting the kerb.

Now, u should have ample space at the front, but still cant move out in one go. Gear 1 n full turn right, slowly accelerate, when ur car is abt 45 degree, half of the bonnet should be outside the lot, u should be able to feel that the left front wheel is abt to hit the kerb when u practice alot, stop completely.

Reverse, 4 turn left, after that 1 gear and full turn right, accelerate and you will be out of the lot already.

Remember, the key is to do it slowly!!! So u have more time to react b4 you wheel strike kerb.
saysuzu and LordKuroda like this.
blade39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.