HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

Like Tree1383Likes
View Poll Results: How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?
1 time 1,332 57.91%
2 times 542 23.57%
3 times 247 10.74%
4 times 86 3.74%
5 times 34 1.48%
6 or more times 59 2.57%
Voters: 2300. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

ok...for real life situation, do you use the 45 degree for parallel parking?imagine in verasamy rd(mustafa area) there is one parallel parking empty slot between two parked vehicles..how u gauge yr car to prevent hitting the front n back car? sometime when u see the side mirror it looks like your car is hitting the behind car..but in reality there is still some gap...
reverse sensor
if you ask me to judge distance from the car behind using rear or side mirror, i dont think i can do it
saysuzu likes this.
lousydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #32

Smile

If u are on the 3 or 4 gear, and u have the time to downshift, u can downshift to 2 gear (so tester know you applying engine brake) b4 u come to a stop.

But what i normally do when i am on 3 or 4 gear is to step on brake first to slow down, clutch in when coming to a stop, and than step brake again to stop completely.

I dont know about SSDC, I took my test at CDC. Just to share with you, for parallel parking at CDC, the car cannot move out on one try, the left front wheel sure will strike kerb.

What i suggest to you is, when you are ready to move out, slowly reverse your vehicle (looking at the right mirror, should be able to see your back right wheel), stop b4 hitting the kerb.

Now, u should have ample space at the front, but still cant move out in one go. Gear 1 n full turn right, slowly accelerate, when ur car is abt 45 degree, half of the bonnet should be outside the lot, u should be able to feel that the left front wheel is abt to hit the kerb when u practice alot, stop completely.

Reverse, 4 turn left, after that 1 gear and full turn right, accelerate and you will be out of the lot already.

Remember, the key is to do it slowly!!! So u have more time to react b4 you wheel strike kerb.
I also took my TP in CDC. actually for parallel parking, i only need to reverse one time when moving out. first reverse till back wheel nearly touch back kerb. Once u done that, you have ample space to move out.You can move out in one go if you reverse good enough while nearing touching the back kerb. Do look at side mirror(right) to make sure ur back wheel dont hit back kerb. After reverse, full turn right,in gear 1, chk for oncoming traffic. Once clear, signal right,step gas and move out.

For stopping of vehicle, simple. when you are in 3rd gear, shift to neutral and clutch+brake. Your vehicle will slowly come to a stop before the pedestrian crossing in a traffic junction.

My tips may be different from blade39 but i only get 2 pts for turning steering while vehicle stationery.

Hope my advice helps.
saysuzu likes this.
andrewkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #33

Smile

reverse sensor
if you ask me to judge distance from the car behind using rear or side mirror, i dont think i can do it
Too bad my family car and company lorry dun have reverse sensor. thats why only can do vertical parking with lorry cos is company property..cannot anyhow laga other parked vehicle.
saysuzu likes this.
andrewkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #34
Master Member

Wah my colleague can pass the driving test even though strike kerb twice.
saysuzu likes this.
swordspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #35
Supremacy Member

Wah my colleague can pass the driving test even though strike kerb twice.
Which school?
saysuzu likes this.
Hellooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #36

i guess its time to give back after lurking here for months.

well i had my first attempt in march this year and failed horribly with 42 points.
tester's name was benedict ng. googled his name right after the test only to find out how (in)famous he was. Though partly was my fault of striking kerb (10 pts) along with other minor mistakes which i genuinely made, i felt the other points were unjustified. oh well, LLST and booked another test date

second attempt was yesterday (14june) at CDC, 9.15am
After warmup at 7-830am, went into the waiting room at about 855. was the first among the lot to be called out at about 905am.

He never took out his tablet all the while in circuit, until when we were doing vertical parking which i assumed only then was my first demerit point earned.
Finished the circuit part of the test at about 920am, which means bus lane was still operating. No biggie, since my test route only involved one stretch of road with bus lanes. Was about to turn left from a filter lane when he mentioned something like "overshot already la" and i was like *sh1t*. quickly apologized and continued with the test route. He mentioned to go straight at one point and i thought, can filter to the right after the traffic light to avoid going into the expressway. He repeated a few times (only later i realised he was hinting at me to start filtering right). Was red light, had to stop, thats when he started scolding. I had the urge to tell him that i did not filter right as of yet since i think it would constitute as road hogging. but then i remembered what i read here that never to argue with tester so i just kept saying sorry sir and went on with the test.

next was u turn and going back to the test centre. no problems here except for "failing to give signal" which i did, just a bit late as it was a last minute decision to overtake. reached the test centre for debrief and my mind was completely blank. just waited there for him to print and when he invited me into the room i quietly peeked at the slip and counted the points. he reprimanded me for the mistakes i made. wanted to argue but then i already counted the points (12) and had already passed. so no point arguing. just acknowledged my mistakes and thank him. had to hold back my smile and all my joy when he was telling me about my mistakes (wanted to burst out laughing hahaha)

so to future testees, just remember that never argue with the tester and always acknowledge his instructions (yes sir) and apologize for any mistakes (sorry sir)

P/S: sorry for the very long post
saysuzu likes this.
onlinehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #37

i guess its time to give back after lurking here for months.

well i had my first attempt in march this year and failed horribly with 42 points.
tester's name was benedict ng. googled his name right after the test only to find out how (in)famous he was. Though partly was my fault of striking kerb (10 pts) along with other minor mistakes which i genuinely made, i felt the other points were unjustified. oh well, LLST and booked another test date
Benedict was my tester when I took my TP last time. I have to say he is very strict and arrogant. Google his name with CDC and you can find lots of thing about him. But thankfully, after much scolding from him during debrief, he still gave me a pass at first try.
saysuzu likes this.
Farisworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Finally can come here show face.

SSDC - 1st attempt - 18 pts
d3n and saysuzu like this.
Franzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #39
High Supremacy Member

If you got the skills, then I think TP is more or less about luck liao. See what type of tester you get.

For me I very Heng. Got a Malay tester, didnt talk much other than giving instructions. I didn't do small talk also, just yes sir only. Thank god he didnt take out the tablet, but he did remember all the major mistakes I did

Yes I did screw up. He say left I turn right. Bobian my mistake, just apologise while he kan me on the spot. Though my narrow courses and parking all swee swee but I strike kerb during parking once cos impatient.

I think my saving grace was the fact I emphasized on safety. I did all my safety check and blind spots. And the fact I am confident on the road since I ride bike everyday. U-turn, change lane all swee swee, car didnt stall once etc.

To be honest, if I tio those strict tester, I think i probably fail the moment i make the wrong turn liao.

Good luck to those still learning. Master the basics plus safety sure can pass la.

Ps: btw there's this aunty in the same session as me taking her 6th TP I think. All the SSDC instructors and some of the testers know her by name liao. Over heard the record at ssdc is 10 times wor. And she passed! So don't give up
saysuzu likes this.
Old 18-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #40

If you got the skills, then I think TP is more or less about luck liao. See what type of tester you get.

For me I very Heng. Got a Malay tester, didnt talk much other than giving instructions. I didn't do small talk also, just yes sir only. Thank god he didnt take out the tablet, but he did remember all the major mistakes I did

Yes I did screw up. He say left I turn right. Bobian my mistake, just apologise while he kan me on the spot. Though my narrow courses and parking all swee swee but I strike kerb during parking once cos impatient.

I think my saving grace was the fact I emphasized on safety. I did all my safety check and blind spots. And the fact I am confident on the road since I ride bike everyday. U-turn, change lane all swee swee, car didnt stall once etc.

To be honest, if I tio those strict tester, I think i probably fail the moment i make the wrong turn liao.

Good luck to those still learning. Master the basics plus safety sure can pass la.

Ps: btw there's this aunty in the same session as me taking her 6th TP I think. All the SSDC instructors and some of the testers know her by name liao. Over heard the record at ssdc is 10 times wor. And she passed! So don't give up
Item-wise how many mistake did you have?

I have 7 mistakes on my test date, 10 points for striking kerb, 6(X2) for failing to slow down for hazards, rest was 2 pointers which included turning steering wheel when stationary + incorrect checking of blind spot and incorrect braking. I am from BBDC and my tester was Dennis Ho KC.

I do hope I can do better in the next attempt.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 18-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Guys, what do you think the chances of booking TP test at July/August at cdc? Because the earliest available TP test date is 1st October currently.
saysuzu likes this.
Hellooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #42
High Supremacy Member

5 items only. imo the most impt is still the basics. eg. don't over-rev, don't jerk, late braking, safety checks, essentially safe driving lo. and also be confident. all the best.

reg the time slot, i would say take after lunch but not too late either. after lunch is normally the lepak period for everyone. i work in jurong and i go to woodlands industrial area sometimes for despatch and no matter what, i realize 1pm-3pm is where the roads are relatively clear, even at the expressway.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 18-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
d3n
Arch-Supremacy Member

good to see some here passed at first attempt and after a few attempts, for those who failed, dun give up. i myself passed at third attempt.

time flies! 2 more months i can take down my P plate liao

i have drove ard sg, JB, melaka and phuket till date.
saysuzu likes this.
Old 18-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

Guys, what do you think the chances of booking TP test at July/August at cdc? Because the earliest available TP test date is 1st October currently.
Book first think later!

I should have gotten the May date when I could but was holding out for an earlier date. In the end the earliest I could get was June liao
saysuzu likes this.
Old 19-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #45

Haha.. I also like u . My tester's surname is ong and i took the test at bbdc sat morn few years ago .Tester told me to start engine and turn left but i turned right.luckily ,tester very nice said never mind. I thought fail liao but I didn' see him record this mistake.My car crossed the white line in the circuit then he asked me open door to see then i just said sorry cos i turned too much .

I wayang alot during the driving test like turning of head to check blindspot and even saying 'check blindspot" lol.Road driving was more relax as i got the easy route (i think is route 2. heng ,never kena teck whye route with the slope and heavy traffic) and traffic was light. Blanga lorry driver even gave way and the blanga worker allowed me to go when he saw my car

At the end, tester asked me to stop the car and follow him to orpit .I knew I already passed when he asked me to wait outside office cause I know those who fail will have to enter orpit to listen to tester kpkb and grandmother story .Tester came out with the slip and asked me to go watch safety video . I was the first among those who took the same time slot as me to pass the test 1st attempt .
saysuzu likes this.

Last edited by moregoodyears; 19-06-2013 at 12:32 AM..
moregoodyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.