HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

Like Tree1381Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
View Poll Results: How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?
1 time 1,332 57.91%
2 times 542 23.57%
3 times 247 10.74%
4 times 86 3.74%
5 times 34 1.48%
6 or more times 59 2.57%
Voters: 2300. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #5491

Hello all, I'm taking my TP next week on Thursday @ SSDC. Am a private student, taking 3A. But I'm super nervous rn, because I've taken over 26 lessons (still ongoing) and yet I still can't do well in circuit at all. Any tips regarding ssdc test, and what to look out for? Will really appreciate a lot.
Look out for big vehicle. Tat area alot. And also car parking at road side. Coz there also alot such parking. Jus relax, drive n stay alert..

Plus ur speed. Coz they will demerit point for going too slow..
iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #5492

Hello all, I'm taking my TP next week on Thursday @ SSDC. Am a private student, taking 3A. But I'm super nervous rn, because I've taken over 26 lessons (still ongoing) and yet I still can't do well in circuit at all. Any tips regarding ssdc test, and what to look out for? Will really appreciate a lot.
Hi Chelsf

Maybe as a private student, your coach doesn't bring you to the Circuit long enough. I was a school student at CDC and I spent almost 20hours+ on Circuit. More practice is the key...

If you have any specific problem on certain station of circuit at SSDC, you could voice out and other SSDC members maybe have tips for that...
abaotnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #5493

Remember your safety checks,signaling.

Before u engage reverse gear remember check the rear windscreen or else might risk getting 4pts failure to confirm safety.

Don't panic do your normal way if tester rush you just carry on your normal pace.

Do update us on the result.

Wishing you advance success for TP!!
Old 13-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #5494

Hi Chelsf

Maybe as a private student, your coach doesn't bring you to the Circuit long enough. I was a school student at CDC and I spent almost 20hours+ on Circuit. More practice is the key...

If you have any specific problem on certain station of circuit at SSDC, you could voice out and other SSDC members maybe have tips for that...
Haha. I went in circuit 3-4times only before my TP and my highest demerit point came from outside. Got 1 demerit in circuit n 1 outside.

Jus be more alert n more confident.
abaotnt likes this.
iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #5495

Hey guys for CDC induction program where and who should i look for?
sibehdepressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #5496
Honorary Member

Two more lessons to TP!
Old 15-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #5497

Hey guys for CDC induction program where and who should i look for?
Hi,

The cdc induction programme if u booked already the slot u just need to walk towards the carpark area exactly opposite pedestrian crossing where there is a small "smoking corner" where instructor usually smoke then the induction car will be parked over there.

Pretty short one induction programme the instructor will cover like seat belt,wiper,signal etc approx 30mins settle already.

Also, CDC will usually arrange 3 to 4 learner to 1 induction slot therefore the learner car will be very packed with learner so have fun in meeting new friends..

Good luck for your upcoming practical lesson manual or auto?
abaotnt likes this.

Last edited by CJW311296; 15-07-2017 at 10:18 AM..
CJW311296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #5498

Two more lessons to TP!
Great!!

Do prep well in terms of physically and mentally.

Remember safety checks etc any queries to check with us?

Recall u taking 31 July?

JIAYOU and Good Luck!!
abaotnt likes this.
Old 18-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #5499
Honorary Member

8.25am TP bbdc anything to take note? heard bus lane still operating. will the traffic be bad?
Old 20-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #5500

Remember your safety checks,signaling.

Before u engage reverse gear remember check the rear windscreen or else might risk getting 4pts failure to confirm safety.

Don't panic do your normal way if tester rush you just carry on your
normal pace.

Do update us on the result.

Wishing you advance success for TP!!

Hi guys, tried my best but I failed horribly with 42 demerit points, no immediate failure. Do parallel parking strike kerb (don't wanna argue with the tester, cause the wheel merely touched it) then, I kept checking blind spots but he's not satisfied, say I didn't check. Outside the road was okay, just that he said I didn't look into th side mirror when changing lane, even though I checked my blind spot.. Sigh... $.$ fly
chelsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #5501

Hi guys, tried my best but I failed horribly with 42 demerit points, no immediate failure. Do parallel parking strike kerb (don't wanna argue with the tester, cause the wheel merely touched it) then, I kept checking blind spots but he's not satisfied, say I didn't check. Outside the road was okay, just that he said I didn't look into th side mirror when changing lane, even though I checked my blind spot.. Sigh... $.$ fly
Adding on, directional change, vertical/parallel parking (all -4 points for failure to cfm safety)
Old 20-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #5502

Hi chelsf
Sad that you didn't make it this time, hope you good luck next time.
"fail to confirm safety": most likely you did not check through read wind-window before reversing. I got -4 point during my TP as well. I was told whenever you want to reverse (including half-way stopping during reversing), I must check at least once.

During lane change, have to check rear mirror then side mirror and last is blind spot. Blind spot check can't replace side mirror since you can see far without side mirror.

I believe you did your blind spot check. However, maybe not at right time? Have to check blind spot right before any steering action. When doing blind spot check, did you look through the rear passenger door window?

Practice a bit more and all the best for next test!

Last edited by abaotnt; 20-07-2017 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: minor
abaotnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #5503

Hi Chelsf,

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it this round.

Pertaining to the failure to confirm safety 4pts I believe someone have cover which meant turn your head to check rear windscreen.

Moving to the blindspot perhaps the next round u can turn your head further to show the tester you are checking blindspot.

I can curious the tester claim you didn't look at side mirror I don't really believe it unless you have sixth sense don't need to see side mirror before lane change or else you will be risking your lives on the test car.

I think it would be good u get your instructor to focus on safety checks procedure be it circuit safety checks and also blindspot check with that certainly next TP you will perform well enough!!

JIAYOU!!
Old 20-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #5504

Hi Chelsf,

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it this round.

Pertaining to the failure to confirm safety 4pts I believe someone have cover which meant turn your head to check rear windscreen.

Moving to the blindspot perhaps the next round u can turn your head further to show the tester you are checking blindspot.

I can curious the tester claim you didn't look at side mirror I don't really believe it unless you have sixth sense don't need to see side mirror before lane change or else you will be risking your lives on the test car.

I think it would be good u get your instructor to focus on safety checks procedure be it circuit safety checks and also blindspot check with that certainly next TP you will perform well enough!!

JIAYOU!!
Hi CJW, thanks a lot for your kind words. He said I looked into the right side mirror (doing right turn) but not the left side mirror when I have to change back to the left lane.

The tester marked me down for changing lane abruptly as well. Don't really understand what that means though..
Old 20-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #5505

Hi chelsf
Sad that you didn't make it this time, hope you good luck next time.
"fail to confirm safety": most likely you did not check through read wind-window before reversing. I got -4 point during my TP as well. I was told whenever you want to reverse (including half-way stopping during reversing), I must check at least once.

During lane change, have to check rear mirror then side mirror and last is blind spot. Blind spot check can't replace side mirror since you can see far without side mirror.

I believe you did your blind spot check. However, maybe not at right time? Have to check blind spot right before any steering action. When doing blind spot check, did you look through the rear passenger door window?

Practice a bit more and all the best for next test!

Hi abotnt, thanks a lot for the advice as well. Well I did checked the back window when doing reverse, just that when I'm halfway reversing, I didn't stop and look again.. Guess that's my fault as well..

Well for now, I'm quite upset and my next retest is all the way at September. Gonna take a break off from driving and hopefully I won't be that rusty..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.