How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

diah46

Reaction score
those intending to join carlite or tribecar.

join the community setup group. carlite spotting and tribecar spotting. you can make your decision base on their feedback.

I was from carlite, didn’t join tribecar as there is tribecar logo on each car.

carlite is the best alternative, no company logo on the car.

P plate deposit is $300 for carlite, not sure abt tribecar.

Both have their good and bad. tribecar reach is wider and have conti car for rent.

Carlite reach not that wide but cars are better looking on the exterior.

Both company, you will need to spend time to take photo before you start your trip, otherwise you will be liable for the repair cost.

I sometime need to spend one hour to take photo due to cosmetic damages (ate into my car rental timing), i don’t want to pay for damages that is not caused by me.

These constant photo taking has taken a toll on the usage as i have lesser time to drive the car around.

Thus i got my own car now and terminate account.
thanks for sharing! I joined the fb groups n yes saw a lot of ppl complain abt the cleanliness of the tribecar. My husband takes tribecar once in awhile n i also dislike that there is no number to call. Is carlite also like that? Tribecar deposit is $200 for new drivers, $100 will be transferred to ur account as credits after ur probation is over. I never heard of carlite, will check it out

bbmadness

Reaction score
thanks for sharing! I joined the fb groups n yes saw a lot of ppl complain abt the cleanliness of the tribecar. My husband takes tribecar once in awhile n i also dislike that there is no number to call. Is carlite also like that? Tribecar deposit is $200 for new drivers, $100 will be transferred to ur account as credits after ur probation is over. I never heard of carlite, will check it out

from what i reach out to the carlite user's after you have 2 years of driving experience, email them and they will refund the $200 in cheque to your mailing address, and $100 remains inside until you terminate the account. however for new users with less than 2 years experience would have to deposit $300.

sho1980

Reaction score

Do take note of the excess by Carlite if ur planning to rent a car. The excess top and bottom is almost $15k without CDW. with CDW it is almost $7k. For car above 1.6l the excess is almost $22k without CDW. That is really super high.

Last edited:

diah46

Reaction score
Do take note of the excess by Carlite if ur planning to rent a car. The excess top and bottom is almost $15k without CDW. with CDW it is almost $7k. For car above 1.6l the excess is almost $22k without CDW. That is really super high.
what do u mean by excess, sorry?

beeattitudes

Reaction score
for 45 degrees, if ure parking on the left hand side lots (passenger seat is beside lot), start steering to your right when ure 1/2 way of the car beside ur lot. You can stop and turn to see if ur car can fit in. Then just slowly reverse and steer to the left and look at your mirrors if you dont have a reverse cam.

For right hand side lots (driver seat beside lot), same thing, just that you can see the lot markings at your mirrors, so once u see the lot markings u can slowly reverse alr!

If you understand what im saying hahaha.. practice makes perfect! dont worry and take ur time to park tho.. i drive by myself all the time after ive gotten my license and with more practice u will get the hang of it alr!

Yes you are very clear. OK I'm gonna try it on Sunday. BTW is it really true that driving on expressway is really easier than normal roads?

sho1980

Reaction score
what do u mean by excess, sorry?

lets say 3rd party claim is $10k.
carlite 3rd party excess is $7490.
u need to pay that amount and insurance will cover the balance $2510.
insurance will only cover the amount less excess.

diah46

Reaction score
lets say 3rd party claim is $10k.
carlite 3rd party excess is $7490.
u need to pay that amount and insurance will cover the balance $2510.
insurance will only cover the amount less excess.
ah icic this is on their website? Any idea how abt tribecar?

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you are very clear. OK I'm gonna try it on Sunday. BTW is it really true that driving on expressway is really easier than normal roads?

put extra care when changing lane as motorcycle anyhow one. build up your speed when merging into expressway. signal your lane change intention early so that other user know your intention. stick to last 2 lanes when you just start using, gradually move to 2nd lane. when you see road hogger on 2nd lane then switch to first lane, after that switch back to 2nd lane when possible.

Last edited:

ClubberDude

Reaction score
Hey guys, what would you recommend for first car? COE car or 2nd hand car that still within warranty? If COE car, what would you recommend? (Altis or Civic FD?)

bbhlsy

Reaction score

for me, much easier because there are no traffic lights, you dont have to anticipate whether to stop or not when you're approaching green light hahaha. I actually really enjoy driving on the expressways. but of course, stick to the left lane if you dont want to go fast!

but yah, beware of motorcycles sometimes some of them really anyhow. check mirrors and blindspots b4 lane changing. if not u can buy those blind spot mirror and paste also

Last edited:

bbhlsy

Reaction score
Hey guys, what would you recommend for first car? COE car or 2nd hand car that still within warranty? If COE car, what would you recommend? (Altis or Civic FD?)

it depends what are you looking for. big car/ small car? big boot? better to test drive and see which u like better. i reco coe car.

fifi_kai

Reaction score
Are there TP test on Saturday? I’ve been checking into school test booking system only mon-fri there’s test time

fifi_kai

Reaction score
There is 2 diff location for vp. 1 is beside the s course the other is beside the crank course.

To position yourself
-beside s course. Align your car just beside the center divider.
-beside crank course car must be 1.5m away from the kerb. (Visually its like center of the lane but abit more to the right)

Stop your car when your left mirror is align with the lot number infront. Signal to the left. Chg to reverse gear. Check all your safety check. Lower down your mirror and slowly start to reverse. (Reverse only when the car behind you start to reverse)
While looking at left passenger window panel once the sharp point of the lot(the right corner) touches your window panel u count 1000 2000 and full lock to the left and check your rt blindspot.

Look at left mirror for tyre. Once you are sure it wont strike the curb u check for the rt tyre.(look at rt mirror).

Once both tyre in u look infront and straighten your wheels. Once you are straighten turn around to check behind again. And reverse slowly. You stop when you right mirror is align with the kerb infront. Dont have to go all the way back to prevent strike kerb.

Becareful when exiting the parking lot also. You must know if your car is center or more to the left or right. Turn only when your shoulder pass the front kerb. And dont forget to adjust your mirror. Look out for cars on the opposite lane.

I hope this help. If you still cant picture it let me know.

Thank you. Can I confirm with you by looking at left mirror you look out for right sharp end carpark? Did you happen to take a photo of how it looks like from left mirror?
I am thinking if I should try for 2nd tp in jan or Feb after I save more money

Mum2six

Reaction score
Thank you. Can I confirm with you by looking at left mirror you look out for right sharp end carpark? Did you happen to take a photo of how it looks like from left mirror?
I am thinking if I should try for 2nd tp in jan or Feb after I save more money

Hi...sorry didnt take a photo of it.. but if u are from cdc your instructor shld show u a pic of it right? They have a file to show students for guide.

Dont give up...yes slowly save up and im sure you can pass your next test.

I took 22lesson..didnt go for any revision..I failed my 1st tp because was too nervous strike kerb twice at parallel parking. I panic i didnt know what to do..after that i was so demoralised for few days. But pull myself together. Camp for tp dates..mine was during the phase 2. Got tp date but didnt go for any revision...bcause i knew what my mistake was..on the day itself just remain calm..and be confident. My tester was a chinese guy. In the circuit from carpark he told me to stay on the left lane once i enter circuit he told me to turn right. You know the space the is very tight. And to go to the 1st directional chg. I know i already overshot the entrance to go in..what i did was stay calm take deep breath..i just say i cant go in..will reverse abit..and do it correctly. All the safety checks. Make sure the car behind reverse and make space. And everythings else will go smoothly.

Just remember go slow..be calm..and confident..

ClubberDude

Reaction score
it depends what are you looking for. big car/ small car? big boot? better to test drive and see which u like better. i reco coe car.

Just normal sedan car. Looking at either Honda Civic FD or Altis. Which one more reliable and less problem?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.