HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

Like Tree1726Likes
View Poll Results: How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?
1 time 1,332 57.91%
2 times 542 23.57%
3 times 247 10.74%
4 times 86 3.74%
5 times 34 1.48%
6 or more times 59 2.57%
Voters: 2300. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #6421

Congratz fellow BBDC student! XD Damn zai, take only 20lessons nia. I thought they always said minimum is 25.

I must be the odd one. All my demerit points are in the circuit. lol.

10points on road = 6 points lane change and 4 points follow near car.
Many of sch students 0 point circuit

not so bias for pvt..but pvt really cant make it...strike curb, never check blindshop when parking...never signal, wide turn...their curcuit already 20+ points
CSNrf2ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #6422

Passed 3A today, bbdc student. Took 17 practical & 3 practise. Total $2060.

Many sch student pass & many pvt fail due to circuit.

Now when circuit more than 20 point, no need go drive road..can see many pvt car after circuit never go road..auto-fail
Hey Congrats!!

A warm welcome to the motoring society..

Do be a safe driver ya and remember now you are driving without your instructor keeping a look-out so do exercise great caution..

Also, don't follow too near to the front car when u really drive as that day I was taking a grab the front car got stuck at the carpark gantry then suddenly reverse however as my grab driver positioned his car quite near so blast honk to stop the front car from reversing.. so keep a safe following/stopping distance.

All the best!!

Cheers..
CJW

Last edited by CJW311296; 13-02-2018 at 05:17 PM..
CJW311296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #6423

I just passed my Class 3 manual! CDC first slot 8:25 AM weekday

School Training
I took 1.5 months with 10 OneTeam lessons to clear all 3 modules. Then revision lessons with same test timing 8:30 AM. School students are very strong in circuit, my revision lessons almost every lesson make me do circuit at least twice on all courses and catch all the tiny details like safety check + blind spot check + turn while stationary during parking, hence you will save a lot of points in circuit.

Test Booking
Relatively fast, only wait 2 weeks. I'm not sure whether because the School gets priority over Private, or because it's CNY week.

Test Day
0 point in circuit
6 points on road - insufficient acceleration (got crappy car for the test)

If using the same OneTeam car I probably would have got 0 point. The CDC OneTeam car used for training is super powerful

Tips for current learners/re-testers
1. Everyone driving style is different, hence instructor only guide you but you choose the style that best suits you.

Example 1: direction change, instructor kept telling me the technique is keep left, shift right, then left, to be in the center, but for me I ignore all that and use IU to keep right, the reason is when I back in, I'm more to the right which leaves a lot of space to turn left on the way out

Example 2: 1 instructor would tell me to turn when doorlock meet curb to avoid going wide to the other lane, the other instructor would tell me to use half door so to avoid hitting curb. I got confused. During training try both methods and stick to the one that works for YOU

Example 3: parallel parking & vertical parking, my turning point is way off compare to what's in the 'book'. During your training, slowly reverse and ask your instructor to stop the car at the turning point, look and remember those turning points, take pictures with your phone for reference

2. Take revision lessons at the same timing as your test so you roughly know what's the traffic during those hours

3. Make sure your test car is parked in a flat surface and preferably not next to the curb before actual test! Luckily I kena rollback and hit kerb during warm up those parking slots for tests can really sabo you, especially those just next to the curb

4. Wear miniskirt! Applies to both boy and girl surely will impress tester
Venomrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #6424

I just passed my Class 3 manual! CDC first slot 8:25 AM weekday

School Training
I took 1.5 months with 10 OneTeam lessons to clear all 3 modules. Then revision lessons with same test timing 8:30 AM. School students are very strong in circuit, my revision lessons almost every lesson make me do circuit at least twice on all courses and catch all the tiny details like safety check + blind spot check + turn while stationary during parking, hence you will save a lot of points in circuit.

Test Booking
Relatively fast, only wait 2 weeks. I'm not sure whether because the School gets priority over Private, or because it's CNY week.

Test Day
0 point in circuit
6 points on road - insufficient acceleration (got crappy car for the test)

If using the same OneTeam car I probably would have got 0 point. The CDC OneTeam car used for training is super powerful

Tips for current learners/re-testers
1. Everyone driving style is different, hence instructor only guide you but you choose the style that best suits you.

Example 1: direction change, instructor kept telling me the technique is keep left, shift right, then left, to be in the center, but for me I ignore all that and use IU to keep right, the reason is when I back in, I'm more to the right which leaves a lot of space to turn left on the way out

Example 2: 1 instructor would tell me to turn when doorlock meet curb to avoid going wide to the other lane, the other instructor would tell me to use half door so to avoid hitting curb. I got confused. During training try both methods and stick to the one that works for YOU

Example 3: parallel parking & vertical parking, my turning point is way off compare to what's in the 'book'. During your training, slowly reverse and ask your instructor to stop the car at the turning point, look and remember those turning points, take pictures with your phone for reference

2. Take revision lessons at the same timing as your test so you roughly know what's the traffic during those hours

3. Make sure your test car is parked in a flat surface and preferably not next to the curb before actual test! Luckily I kena rollback and hit kerb during warm up those parking slots for tests can really sabo you, especially those just next to the curb

4. Wear miniskirt! Applies to both boy and girl surely will impress tester
hey congrats!!

Woah u took 10 oneteam lesson and pass that was fast!!

I ex-oneteam manual car 292 honestly speaking in oneteam we will have close supervision by both instructor and we are always using back the same training car so I get what you mean..

U from which Car?

I am pleased that u have your own way of doing things yeah turning point are there to assist us and it shouldn't tied us down by turning here and there as everyone learn things differently so glad that u have figured it out differently..

All the best and be a safe driver ya!!

Cheers..
CJW
Old 14-02-2018, 06:24 AM   #6425

Sian. Failed TP first time, Class 3A, 36PTS. Damn demoralizing and heart pain for wallet. Swee Swee circuit clear never mount kerb then on road kena all the blind spots and abrupt lane change eventhough i got check blind spots. After test then tell me need to turn my head more. Gave me 20 demerit points for that alone.

Tester look nice nice at first but turns out very strict. Kept quite when out of circuit road, didnít even inform of mistake during that time. Only find out afterwards.

Sian. Life what to do. Bopian suck up and burn money again.
Forevermah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #6426

Sian. Failed TP first time, Class 3A, 36PTS. Damn demoralizing and heart pain for wallet. Swee Swee circuit clear never mount kerb then on road kena all the blind spots and abrupt lane change eventhough i got check blind spots. After test then tell me need to turn my head more. Gave me 20 demerit points for that alone.

Tester look nice nice at first but turns out very strict. Kept quite when out of circuit road, didn’t even inform of mistake during that time. Only find out afterwards.

Sian. Life what to do. Bopian suck up and burn money again.
Hey Forevermah,

Seem like u pretty trained in circuit as u didn't got any demerit points it was road segment that drag you down..

Keen to share private or sch? under which driving centre too?

I think some tester they don't wish to point out testee mistake directly is because it might cause them to worry even more and if they don't point out most probably they also want to assess whether the testee can rectify his/her own mistake..

Did the tester share how to clear the blindspot and abrupt lane change given the fact he awarded was 20pts for that it pretty huge regarding blindspot I assume he called you to turn more meant you didn't make it that obvious?

Also, I heard taking 3A require more emphasis on safety checks..

For me, I de-brief my tester just ask me how is my performance and any mistake that I could point out before he share his evaluation..

Don't be too demoralized and upset and if the tester have given tips on preparing for next TP do prepare it well and most importantly look carefully the assessment checklist for all demerits and if necessary discuss with your instructor and with that you are well-prepared for next TP!!

Do write back if u have any queries will be glad to hear that..

I wish you all the best and expecting you to join us in the motoring society in the near future!!

Cheers..
CJW

Last edited by CJW311296; 14-02-2018 at 08:52 AM..
Old 18-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #6427
Master Member

Hw much did u guys spend on average to get driving license?
jeffrey745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #6428

I spend abt 3k under sch fixed instructor scheme took manual 34 lesson + 1 compulsory auto lesson..

Cost will varies depending minimum lesson count, peak or non-peak hour any fixed instructor etc..

U thinking to learn driving or pass already?
Old 18-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #6429
Master Member

I spend abt 3k under sch fixed instructor scheme took manual 34 lesson + 1 compulsory auto lesson..

Cost will varies depending minimum lesson count, peak or non-peak hour any fixed instructor etc..

U thinking to learn driving or pass already?
I planning to learn driving. Cleared btt alr gg take FTT. Planning to take practical lessons ard end of tis yr or next yr...

I registered as a pte student,but considering to switch to sch as the rate of passing for sch students r higher?
Old 18-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #6430

I planning to learn driving. Cleared btt alr gg take FTT. Planning to take practical lessons ard end of tis yr or next yr...

I registered as a pte student,but considering to switch to sch as the rate of passing for sch students r higher?
My advise FTT if possible try to take after u have a couple of practical lesson as the reason being some FTT qns will be asking car mechanism like clutch,gear etc which u may need some hand-on experience to relate better another reason is FTT currently have 2 yrs validity so if u take early and due to work commitment or cannot secure slot etc thus the validity period will be shorter and shorter so for me I took my FTT when I am around half of my practical stage..

Highly recommend u to take e-trial for theory test if those borderline cases as TP-FTT system they won't disclose answer so e-trial have the answer so can take note of that another thing is E-Trial is pretty simulated to the real one for me I score TP-FTT first attempt 42/50 however sch learner fail need do internal evaluation till pass then can reapply for FTT formally thus I done E-trial abt 8-10 times as always borderline fail so after which went to SSDC for FTT scored 49/50 so I strongly recommend e-trial to my friends..

Honestly yesterday during CNY was discussing with some friends abt private vs sch for practical the issue is sch cost is pretty high almost double of private but accordingly to TP passing rate indeed sch passing rate is 50-60% as for circuit sch learner are always training there so I think this is one of important factors as it will really boost testee confidence before heading out to road test..

btw, u will be taking auto or manual?

I wish you all the best and do write back if u have any queries might be slow in replying enlisting on tues..

Cheers..
CJW

Last edited by CJW311296; 18-02-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Old 18-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #6431
Master Member

My advise FTT if possible try to take after u have a couple of practical lesson as the reason being some FTT qns will be asking car mechanism like clutch,gear etc which u may need some hand-on experience to relate better another reason is FTT currently have 2 yrs validity so if u take early and due to work commitment or cannot secure slot etc thus the validity period will be shorter and shorter so for me I took my FTT when I am around half of my practical stage..

Highly recommend u to take e-trial for theory test if those borderline cases as TP-FTT system they won't disclose answer so e-trial have the answer so can take note of that another thing is E-Trial is pretty simulated to the real one for me I score TP-FTT first attempt 42/50 however sch learner fail need do internal evaluation till pass then can reapply for FTT formally thus I done E-trial abt 8-10 times as always borderline fail so after which went to SSDC for FTT scored 49/50 so I strongly recommend e-trial to my friends..

Honestly yesterday during CNY was discussing with some friends abt private vs sch for practical the issue is sch cost is pretty high almost double of private but accordingly to TP passing rate indeed sch passing rate is 50-60% as for circuit sch learner are always training there so I think this is one of important factors as it will really boost testee confidence before heading out to road test..

btw, u will be taking auto or manual?

I wish you all the best and do write back if u have any queries might be slow in replying enlisting on tues..

Cheers..
CJW
Hi thanks for the quick reply. Happy cny btw! I am taking manual, so tot clear my FTT 1St so no nid worry abt it when I take practical lessons. Nvm, will try out the test the next wk and see hw it goes.

My friend kept persuading me to switch to take lessons with sch,as he said tat sch offers more value for $$.

Though it's more ex,but they have a more comprehensive syllabus and will always try push u to pass the TP?

I chose private initially as its cheap. But after hearing some stories abt private instructors not teaching well, certain stuff nt taught, causing them to fail TP.

Thus,I'm having sme reservations...
Old 18-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #6432

i spent like 1.5k-1.8k alone for private.... including Driving test and etc.

waiting to spend money on Class 2B soon
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #6433

As a private candidate, I spent around 2.4k in total (incl. registration for private driving school, exam fees, warm up fees etc.) for 31 lessons. I think most people take around 20 lessons before they are ready for the exam, so you might spend less than that.

I passed on first try with 6 demerit points.
Enoch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #6434

My total expenditure with school was about 2.7k.... Think most private candidates fail because they are not familar with circuit? Always see a lot of private test cars mounting curb.

CSNrf2ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #6435
Master Member

Initially I did register as a school candidate thinking that the passing rate is higher. But personally I feel that it's a statistic not to be taken too seriously. I was told during my practical lessons that if you cannot clear a particular lesson, especially in Stage 2 and 3, they can hold you back and delay your progress.

So eventually the lousier you are, the more lessons you take to be able to clear the lessons and of course the more money you pay for those lessons. For driving, the more you practice the better you get.

The only good thing about taking in school is that you know the information relayed to you are accurate. And it also gives you the opportunity to take in what's useful from various instructors.

Last edited by metamofia89; 18-02-2018 at 11:21 PM..
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.