HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to be more defensive when driving

Like Tree20Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #76

If I am you I will move to the leftmost lane let the tailgater pass then move back to centre lane. I am amazed that you actually bear with the tailgater from Tampines to Jurong.
if you are cruising @ 80-90km/h, and there is an overtaking lane. just don't care lor...
Old 12-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just don't speed and don't rush at turns...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMX4Vzp1UE
Old 27-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #78

When approaching traffic junctions, if there is/are vehicle(s) on the opposite side in position/pocket to make the right turn, and your signals are still green and you know a turn executed could be potentially disastrous, you may tap to flash your high beams to alert him.
blackfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #79
Master Member

Use your signals. Don't make people speculate. Make it obvious with your signal lights.
Old 22-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #80

Use your signals. Don't make people speculate. Make it obvious with your signal lights.
i met a goon before... on left most lane, signalling left... yes proceed straight on a cross junction, knn heng nv proceed to make my right turn since green arrow coming soon anyway . else will need to jam brake
Old 25-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

In fact 90% of accidents is due to drivers not checking blind spots, very hard to turn the head cause it is stuck? Even I check blind spots twice to make sure no jokers try to do some stunts.
Alphas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #82
High Supremacy Member

Especially to check for motorcyclists, many change lane but never see me beside them

In fact 90% of accidents is due to drivers not checking blind spots, very hard to turn the head cause it is stuck? Even I check blind spots twice to make sure no jokers try to do some stunts.
Old 13-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #83

Most important is to stay focused on your surroundings and anticipate other drivers' intentions. So many drivers don't signal or start drifting into your lane unintentionally.

Having smart phones in your view, especially on those stick-on holders is one way to distract you, even if it is not illegal.

Peripheral vision and regular checking of mirrors and blind spots can get you out of an accident which you can avoid, even if you are not directly involved.
grix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #84

Don't drive behind big vehicles as you cannot see beyond.

Try to drive while looking not at the vehicle in front of you only, but the vehicle (s) further in front.

This way, unless the front vehicle wanna delibrately sabo u, you will have more reaction time by looking at the movement of the vehicles further down
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.