Hyundai Elantra vs Kia Cerato K3

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 AM   #46

Thanks all who posted your opinion.

I have purchased the Hyundai Elantra.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Singapore buying cars r very unique. Got ur coe then consider purchased or maybe u took the guarantee Coe?
Kia7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 AM   #47

Singapore buying cars r very unique. Got ur coe then consider purchased or maybe u took the guarantee Coe?
Ok, what I meant is booking placed ...
ryan_khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #48

Hyundai owners and potential owners, pls note below. Btw, i understand there is a recall for Singapore Hyundai models including Elantra to fix some problems.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml
C Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hyundai owners and potential owners, pls note below. Btw, i understand there is a recall for Singapore Hyundai models including Elantra to fix some problems.

Sound like Civic early gen 7 power steeling issue.
Anyway, if it happen on Hyundai, likely it will happen on KIA as they boh share the same parts. (same parent company).
cscs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #50
Master Member

Probably same problem as this:
http://teknikensvarld.se/hyundai-rec...ailure-151755/
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #51

If i am buying my 1st car with budget constraints, I would probably pick Hyundai Elantra S among Kia K3 Ex or Mazda 3 Std. The 3 models are of about the same price range. However, my concern with Hyundai Elantra is of quality issue over time. Hyundai already initiated a recall exercise in Sgp currently problem being "Steering column shaft motor connector damaged". This is on top of problems documented in the US.

If i am willing to spend more, I would go for Toyota Corolla Altis for reliability over time
Old 13-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #52

If i am buying my 1st car with budget constraints, I would probably pick Hyundai Elantra S among Kia K3 Ex or Mazda 3 Std. The 3 models are of about the same price range. However, my concern with Hyundai Elantra is of quality issue over time. Hyundai already initiated a recall exercise in Sgp currently problem being "Steering column shaft motor connector damaged". This is on top of problems documented in the US.

If i am willing to spend more, I would go for Toyota Corolla Altis for reliability over time
All u have to do, is to start a thread to complain abt altis. U will see tons of ppl sharing their experience.

Fyi, altis is easily 20k++ more than the 3 cars I mentioned n the interior is as bad as bezza

www.mycarforum.com/topic/2536999-toyota-altis-vvti-gear-problem/?fromsearch=1
Old 13-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #53
Master Member

You are wrong.
Toyota is having more issues than you think.

Go read up KIA quality and their safety performance on world ranking.
My bro is driving K3, and I think for the price and features, its really the best value choice in Sg market
lampano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #54

Hahah Toyota altis again. Go go spend 100k!
walkofwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #55
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Reliability?

Wait till you experience the after sales of Borneo Motors... worse still... wait till you try to claim warranty...
Old 13-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #56

Spend more n buy the prius hybrid
130k taxi favourite

Altis elegant at 110k mit nerd car at this current coe premium. Go buy. More ex more reliable. Lol
Old 13-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #57

All u have to do, is to start a thread to complain abt altis. U will see tons of ppl sharing their experience.

Fyi, altis is easily 20k++ more than the 3 cars I mentioned n the interior is as bad as bezza

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2536.../?fromsearch=1
I agree the interior of 2016 Altis is ugly, like a van And yes is $20k more. But reliabile and popular for export, Yes. Thats what dealer tell me

Hyundai Avante is rather reliable as well and hence has its fans abroad.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #58

You are wrong.
Toyota is having more issues than you think.

Go read up KIA quality and their safety performance on world ranking.
My bro is driving K3, and I think for the price and features, its really the best value choice in Sg market
New car i don't think has much problems. But my cousin Kia Optima air con broke down after 1.5yrs. Kia K3 Ex on paper is slow 12.1s from 0-100kmh.

Maybe my cousin's experience is unique. However, my source of information about the cars is from US website. Recall information is from LTA. U guys can check it out. If u know pf any good website, pls share

Last edited by C Justice; 13-07-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 13-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #59

Reliability?

Wait till you experience the after sales of Borneo Motors... worse still... wait till you try to claim warranty...
Pls share your experience in warranty claim from BM. I didn't claim warranty before so I don't know. After sales besides servicing, what do we need from BM?
Old 13-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #60

I agree the interior of 2016 Altis is ugly, like a van And yes is $20k more. But reliabile and popular for export, Yes. Thats what dealer tell me

Hyundai Avante is rather reliable as well and hence has its fans abroad.
I dont trust used car dealers.

Toyota is over rated la like some kind of cult. Take note, the safety features for toyota altis is below sg current market standard. U look at the recent fatal accident, how many were toyota cars

Btw u should go bm see their new altis, fugly is the only word for it. It's the combination of axio n altis...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.