Information about learning to drive

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like ask some questions about learning driving.

1) BBDC, SSDC and CDC provide both school instructor and private instructor. Is that correct?

2) Is there any place (other than BBDC, SSDC and CDC) where u can engage private instructors ?

3) When taking driving test, the only options is BBDC, SSDC, and CDC. Is that right?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During my time.

1. DCs are separate entities from the privates, not sure about now, but if you linger around the DCs you should see many private instructors with their numbers plastered on their cars. They should not be in related with any DCs.

2. As above. Or through referral by mouth or friends.

3. Yes.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is just a recommendation page, from students who have attended driving courses from these private instructors, I don't think the DCs are recommending them or claiming these instructors are 'under' them.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time private driving instructor many stories one :s13:
That should help you shortlist/blacklist some of them although that statistics doesn't tell you their characters but it indicates which of them could help you pass.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time private driving instructor many stories one :s13:
That should help you shortlist/blacklist some of them although that statistics doesn't tell you their characters but it indicates which of them could help you pass.
50% of luck factor is getting a good tester... :s13:

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like ask some questions about learning driving.

1) BBDC, SSDC and CDC provide both school instructor and private instructor. Is that correct?

These schools provide instructors. But around the area,
there are also private instructors which you need to source on your own.

2) Is there any place (other than BBDC, SSDC and CDC) where u can engage private instructors ?

Private instructors are anywhere as long as they exist and you can find them. Have seen some L plate in hougang area as well.

3) When taking driving test, the only options is BBDC, SSDC, and CDC. Is that right?

Yup. Gotta take the TP test and license from a proper school.

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
Thanks to above for your replies. I have a few more assumptions below, which I hopefully hope someone can confirm for me.

1) There are 2 theory tests to pass for class 3 (manual), basic and final theory tests. I heard the word "Traffic Police Test", this is just a collective term to refer to basic and final theory tests.

2) If enrolled under school, we have the choice to attend the school theory lesson, or study on our own. I wonder if there is any advantage in attending the school theory lesson.

3) If enrolled under school, there is no min or max number of practical lesson we need to attend. In other word, I have the choice not to attend any practical lesson, and straightaway take driving practical test, assuming i have already pass my final theory test.

4) When I enrolled for SSDC (at woodland), the enrollment has no expiry date.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
1)Traffic Police test usually refer to the practical test.

2)if it isn't compulsory for you to attend theory lesson then save that money to book theory practice. Must easier to learn directly 1+1=2 rather than what is addition right?

3)i doubt there's no min lesson for you to attend. Lesson goes by stages, even if you learn/clear 3-4 topic in a lesson, in the system usually they'll only approve 2.There's no limit to max lesson as long as you can pay.
Even for private, it is up to discretion of instructor when they think you're ready for the test.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.