Kia Cerato Forte owners - check in!

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am looking at a 2012 unit. any comments you old bird have for me? is this car good for coe renewal?

Be mentally prepare to spend more on repairs. Is not just this model this badge. Any COE rides are the same.
I would not touch COE ride unless i knew the last owner well and he/she keeps the car well.

Is pocket frdy for COE ride. Have to weight both sides.
Good luck!

Gibbygibgib

Reaction score
Hi just trying my luck to see if anyone is selling the supersprint exhaust second hand for Kia cerato 2009. Pm me pls thanks

fatalerror11

Reaction score
Why you need to go look for PI to buy a 'brand new' Kia? If you're not fussy, can go for demo units which C&C are constantly selling.

Times are bad now, if you really need a cheaper variant, SGCM has quite a number of Ceratos, some of which are high spec-ed. Given the depre now (abt low $7k/yr), it's considered a 'steal' if you're able to snag up such a deal.

PS: I got my Kia Cerato SX (all factory fitted from Korea) from Cycle at abt $74k, after trading in my old Nissan Latio, so it's pretty ok; just that loan have to take the minimum 5 years but insurance managed to negotiate to use my own one. I don't think the GT-Line is worth any better since the bodykit is all fitted in Singapore (all aesthetics) and the price premium back then was about $10k more than the SX line, the PARF itself don't justify the huge markup difference in the sub-product lineup as well.

For demo units, typically what will be the discount off the normal price? For example if we talk about the basic model?

Cokacola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows any accessory shop with reasonable pricing to fix my android console? ordered from taobao and realize its the wrong size (10 inch vertical but cover face towards left driving seat, SG is right driver seating), the main device working fine just need the correct cover size to fit into the car.

Last edited:

joblander

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Cerato Forte, i'm looking to change the brake pad and shock absorbers.

What a good price range for the product cost and labour?

Can break down for me if possible.

For example :

Shock aborbser : $400 (Parts) + $160 (Labour)

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Cerato Forte, i'm looking to change the brake pad and shock absorbers.

For example :

Can go wkshp hopping mah. Like this faster and accurate.
Unless got wkshop owner here.. lolz

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For example :

Just call wksp and ask.

larre87

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at buying a COE 6 speed koup for daily drive. Any seniors here can share what are the things to look out for when view the unit and generally what are the maintenance cost and any tips? thanks in advance

joblander

Reaction score
Hey guys, i driving a Kia Cerato Forte 1.6 SX (A) 2009 , can i know or how do know if i have a remote boot release? My key are after market keys and my car workshop unable to tell me.

I check from sgcarmart website they say it equipped, just want to make sure .

joblander

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at buying a COE 6 speed koup for daily drive. Any seniors here can share what are the things to look out for when view the unit and generally what are the maintenance cost and any tips? thanks in advance
Many people complain that koup have a lot issue then normal cerato.

You can't look out for anything yourself unless you're a mechanic. Drive down to a workshop to check the condition.

Maintenance wise pretty average pricing. Few hundred buck for small fixed. Unless it big issue like ECU etc.

I will standby $3000-5000 on repair + change out a few thing. (Tyres / Oil / Spark plug)

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys i received a free EO mobil 0W-40, can use on K3 (2017) model?

93f7adc922ec10c9ed6f1476b3bc192dee4d1fff_0.jpg
Go ahead... no problem de

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am looking at a 2012 unit. any comments you old bird have for me? is this car good for coe renewal?
Shortlist and head down to the dealer to ask:-
1. Send to your preferred workshop for a evaluation.
2. Any repairs needed upon evaluation, repair it at your preferred workshop with genuine parts or brands of your choices (If genuine not available).
3. If the dealer accept the above 1 and 2, then deal is on, else, take back refund upon returning the car back to dealer.

4. Lastly, prepare couple of thousands as standby moving forward if the deal is on. Even evaluation with repairs, hidden problems could surface after a few months later.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just trying my luck, anyone selling their left 2-3 years ride. Thinking of getting Kia. Thks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.