open.jpg

This is only for Taiwan market only.
Actually looks good.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yamashita

Reaction score
Not sure why the negativity with Korean cars even at this point in time.

I owned both Japanese (Toyota) and Korean (KIA, Hyundai) cars, the recent Korean cars are just as good if not better.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I owned both Japanese (Toyota) and Korean (KIA, Hyundai) cars, the recent Korean cars are just as good if not better.

You are right.
Many has forgotten Hyundai started as join venture company with Lancer parent company some 30 years back. Today, they are as good as most Japanese brand. They are everywhere especially in USA.

Last edited:

king1979

Reaction score

Yes bro. That's why Hyundai Elantra is in my list.

Depreciation for lancer and Elantra is similar.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Among the 3 . Mazda 3 is the best . But the price can be much higher than the other 2. But then there are quite a lot of brand new mazda 3 r uber car. Someone mentioned the price diff of sedan and hatchback are almost the same. Then better take the hatchback ! Being much Nicer and not associated as a LCR car!!

I believe lancer EX comes with a basic variant that is 5k lesser than the sport vision. elantra also comes with basic too. Among the 2 . I will take the elantra cause it is a new look launched in 2016 whereas the EX has been around since 2007.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I work in raffles place so no use for car Mon to fri. I wish I can drive during weekdays too... but until I change job :)
Drive to work lor, during lunch can drive out eat and back. Buy so expensive a car, making it OPC is really waste $ further. Think carefully, last time the rebate is about 25-30% of car price. Now the COE rebate isn't even 10% of the car price. Spread over 7 years instalment, it's very negligible.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Among the 3 . Mazda 3 is the best . But the price can be much higher than the other 2. But then there are quite a lot of brand new mazda 3 r uber car. Someone mentioned the price diff of sedan and hatchback are almost the same. Then better take the hatchback ! Being much Nicer and not associated as a LCR car!!

I believe lancer EX comes with a basic variant that is 5k lesser than the sport vision. elantra also comes with basic too. Among the 2 . I will take the elantra cause it is a new look launched in 2016 whereas the EX has been around since 2007.
Hatch the boot space is... sad.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hatch the boot space is... sad.

Not all true for same model on hatchback vs sedan. New civic hatchback bootspace is bigger than the sedan, sadly the rear passengers allowance lose out to the sedan.

Unless aiming for a 1 size fit all car under 100k such as Honda shuttle, sienta etc..

rambo22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Drive to work lor, during lunch can drive out eat and back. Buy so expensive a car, making it OPC is really waste $ further. Think carefully, last time the rebate is about 25-30% of car price. Now the COE rebate isn't even 10% of the car price. Spread over 7 years instalment, it's very negligible.

bro, the season car park fee at Raffles Place can be as high as $300

or more

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not all true for same model on hatchback vs sedan. New civic hatchback bootspace is bigger than the sedan, sadly the rear passengers allowance lose out to the sedan.

Unless aiming for a 1 size fit all car under 100k such as Honda shuttle, sienta etc..
Deh... I referring to mazda la...

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, the season car park fee at Raffles Place can be as high as $300

or more
Honestly, I would pay for it... given the car is 100K now, $300 is like...

Of course this is just me. The last time I worked in town, I drive in also. $150-190/mth. I drive in before 6am, no ERP.

rambo22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Of course this is just me. The last time I worked in town, I drive in also. $150-190/mth. I drive in before 6am, no ERP.

bro yr last time is cheap

now it could be as high as $400 buck

Brehon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah you got the exact same taste as me, but mainly due to budget bah :s13:
I will stay away from kimchi cars too as I don't have good experience with my previous one

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Elentra. Korean cars are pretty good these days. Good interior styling and technology. They do lose out to jap on engine refinement and fuel efficiency. You save on initial cost. Based on your low usage this is cheaper for you.

M3 is good but car price n future maintenanice all higher than elentra. I would say go for it only if money is not your primary consideration. It is for sure a better drive and ride.

k3vvie

Reaction score
Drove a Lancer Ex for 5 years before changing to Mazda 3 1 yr ago.

The drive for Mazda 3 is better.

Never bothered to look at kim chi.

king1979

Reaction score

Sometimes it is not just about money.

1) I take train into town is faster than drive during peak hours.
2) If I purposely wake up early to beat the jam, it defeats the purpose of having private transport.
3) If wake up early, I can even drive opc to work. Save 17k and drive.
4) Need to queue for parking spaces in Raffles area, especially when Golden Shoe is closing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.