Magnetic sunshade

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good if u dun like the sun.. But takes a bit of getting used to as if affects visibility when u checking blind spots

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be honest, i just prefer abit of tint more for display only. Unless one is always otr especially in the afternoon regularly.

i did at KSL, Rambo. 280RM. Kopi-o

hope_n_pray

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using for my car. Took some getting used to but really feel that heat and glare has been greatly reduced.

ChaoKeng_Kia

Master Member
Reaction score
looking out those tiny holes hurts my eyes.. prefer not to have it, but i got a tad tanner than before from all the afternoon drives :s13:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun like this type of shades
There are few times i saw drivers did not switch on headlight
Wanted to inform them but its either they use this shades or the curtain type

End up i just drive off bochup them
Tio accident their taichi

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

danielkok

Reaction score
I'm using this. Ok lah, better than the normal square one with suction cup in the middle. Cuts out direct sunlight quite well.

Con: If you go to JB, quite troublesome because immigration officer sometimes will ask you to remove it to see if there's anyone hiding at the back.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I too was looking at this recently.

Imho, this magnetic sunshades have it pro&con.

The main purpose is to block the stronge sunray from shining through the window(for course).
So use it for privacy purpose as over-tinted solar flim is not approved so this is the alternative to do so.

In the past, there is this brand Groovy which customise sunshade. Groovy was using clips to hold the shades thou, which I find it better as compare to the magnetic ones nowadays(depend).
As clips never failed to hold the shades in place, just that when you need to take it out and place back abit mafan unlike those magnetic shades.

And read reviews saying the magnetic effect may be weaken after a period(for some brands, well it is magnets) which cause the shades to be dropping(even when you open or close the door) and this defeat the purpose for putting it.

Well for this issues, there is always 2 school of thoughts:

Some bought the expensive ones(which easily cost $200+ per set) which the magnets should last as advertise/market.
So far lot of good reviews.

Some bought the cheaper ones(which may cost less than an hundred per set) which magnets may or may not be lasting but if magnets weaken, they can always buy another set which sum up to be cheaper than the expensive ones.

So it is up to you.

I never did a comparsion on the quality of the sunshades itself, but the expensive brand will stated that it uses better quality for the shades, hence it better(for eg thicker) go check it out of free and see if it better?

Otherwise both works well when you need to take it out and put it back, etc etc.
Eeerrr it just a magnetic sunshade, easlier than PSLE ba lolol

PS, if travel at high speed and you accidentally open your window, the shade will fly off and away wor.

So see which fit your bill and go for it if you want.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
I’m using the more expensive ones in the new car now.

Some told me that there are no differences between the expensive and cheap version, both serving the same purposes and should work equally well. Other feels the expensive ones are better in quality with better durability.

I thought since I will be using the car for years, might as well invest and hope those shades are durable to last me. Guess only time will tell. :s13:

It’s true that during the first few days, I’m not used to check traffic and blind spots through these shades. Have to remind myself to be extra careful and learn to look beyond the shades and outwards instead of focusing on those tiny holes :s22:

After 2 days, I’m getting used to it.

As for the shades flying off whilst driving with the windows down, I was advised to keep the windows not more than 1/2 way down.

Last edited:

reveelow

Reaction score
wa siao liao. sometimes my windows are down now leh.

think get those solar film better liao?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In SG, why would you want to keep the windows down... dusty and warm and exhaust fumes...

walkofwinners

Reaction score
I bought a set of sunshade for my swift at 60 odd. Using magnets and they are a pain in the arse, the magnetic clips when attached to the window rubber sides using the default double sided tapes keep dropping.

Had to purchase 3m tapes in replacement. When you put the shades on and close the door slightly harder, the shades will drop off.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
..... When you put the shades on and close the door slightly harder, the shades will drop off.
Ya that is what I read in some of the reviews for those cheaper shade.
Maybe you will to be kind enough to share with us which brand or buyer you bought(from)?
So others can avoid if possible?

Flex11

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought mine from taobao.. General complains are about the reduced visibility coz kids want to look at cars outside. No issues about dropping off when slamming the door etc.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using from Perfect Shades SG, $150 I think or $180. Doesn't drop when closing doors.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.