HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia VEP gone with the wind?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Malaysia VEP gone with the wind?

Abit lost track with this as no news no nothing up to date?

Chatting with friends and he was saying he was kanna conned/scammed by 'oversea syndicate' wor. Lolol

So is the VEP still pending =P

Or just another Malaysian Boleh pattern again?
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #2

For your info msia side is not VEP, it is RC road charge RM20 per entrry. Msia side never have intentions to implement VEP, only thing is when it was reported in our news media like to use the term VEP as in what we always understood for foreign vehicles entering Singapore.

The RC which is RM20 per entry for foreign car at msia borders so far only implemented at msia-sg border thats why MOT counter it with RECIPROCAL ROAD CHARGE for foreign vehicles entering Singapore.
sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

For your info msia side is not VEP, it is RC road charge RM20 per entrry. Msia side never have intentions to implement VEP, only thing is when it was reported in our news media like to use the term VEP as in what we always understood for foreign vehicles entering Singapore.

The RC which is RM20 per entry for foreign car at msia borders so far only implemented at msia-sg border thats why MOT counter it with RECIPROCAL ROAD CHARGE for foreign vehicles entering Singapore.
So now is just pay additional RM 20 will do le right?

Thanks for clarify but how about the need to pay $10 then as I remembered?

Causing a huge concern then that there was a need to pay sgd 10 & to receieve certain stuff before able to enter into malaysia, etc etc....

Guess it is Malaysia Boleh indeed.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

they implement the $20rm road charge then realized why spend millions to implement VEP when a simple $20 RC can bring in much more moolah
Old 05-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
XER

There is vep just not implemented yet and don't know when you can see counters setup around but not manned. RC is a different thing.
XER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Master Member

Lol silly people. My parents n I did not pay the $20 rc. Still can go in n out. Stop giving millions to bolehland for nothing la
New Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Lol silly people. My parents n I did not pay the $20 rc. Still can go in n out. Stop giving millions to bolehland for nothing la
Can you teach me how to NOT PAY the RC when we need to tap the 'touch&go' for the barrier to be lifted up?

There is vep just not implemented yet and don't know when you can see counters setup around but not manned. RC is a different thing.
Ya that time keep saying 'deadline deadline' for Singapore's vehicles.

Then no news le.
And popped out this RC thingy....

Boleh leh
Old 05-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
Master Member

Can you teach me how to NOT PAY the RC when we need to tap the 'touch&go' for the barrier to be lifted up?

Ya that time keep saying 'deadline deadline' for Singapore's vehicles.

Then no news le.
And popped out this RC thingy....

Boleh leh
You forgot the charge that bolehland ask sinkies go online register first? Then pay 20rm or 20sgd.

I believe TS is referring to this.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
Master Member

This 1 you all so fast forget?

HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the VEP, vehicle owners will need to create an account at Malaysia’s Road Transport Department (JPJ) website at www.jpj.gov.my/vep.
For registration, the owner or representative appointed by the owner of the foreign-registered vehicle would have to provide information including his personal and car registration details.
After successfully registering the vehicle, the owner will be advised on the collection of an RFID tag to be displayed on the vehicle's windshield at JPJ's designated premises.
There will be an administration fee of RM10 (S$3.30) imposed during tag collection, and the VEP is renewable every five years.
The VEP scheme will initially involve foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor and will be implemented at the rest of the 12 road entry points in Malaysia in stages. The second phase will cover Thailand, the third phase Brunei and Indonesia, and the fourth phase other designated entry points.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

You forgot the charge that bolehland ask sinkies go online register first? Then pay 20rm or 20sgd.

I believe TS is referring to this.
I am the TS.
Was talking about VEP but seem some mentioned about the RC(happening now).

That need to be paid.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

This 1 you all so fast forget?

HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the VEP, vehicle owners will need to create an account at Malaysia’s Road Transport Department (JPJ) website at www.jpj.gov.my/vep.
For registration, the owner or representative appointed by the owner of the foreign-registered vehicle would have to provide information including his personal and car registration details.
After successfully registering the vehicle, the owner will be advised on the collection of an RFID tag to be displayed on the vehicle's windshield at JPJ's designated premises.
There will be an administration fee of RM10 (S$3.30) imposed during tag collection, and the VEP is renewable every five years.
The VEP scheme will initially involve foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor and will be implemented at the rest of the 12 road entry points in Malaysia in stages. The second phase will cover Thailand, the third phase Brunei and Indonesia, and the fourth phase other designated entry points.
Yes almost forget as I never ever bother to register.

So those registered means what?
Waste time and money then.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #12

Never registered can drive in anot as long i pay whether toll fee. Need to make a trip there
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Never registered can drive in anot as long i pay whether toll fee. Need to make a trip there
Yes. Just need more money in your touch & go card.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #14
Senior Moderator

Yes can drive in. VEP is not implemented yet. Just pay the extra Road Charge (MYR20) using Touch N Go card when you enter Malaysia.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #15

AL5509 , dragon

Thank. Went in smoothly in and out today without registered . Just use touch and go.

In about 6am out about 12pm. heng no jam. both cleared within 15 mins
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.