Minor car accident

TylerTan

Reaction score
Today I was involved in an accident at the carpark. Slight bump to car in front. No visible damage to both vehicle. Even if have, can be Polish away kind. Car owner message me after that telling me her car is a new car and she will send her vehicle to ad to do full check up. Advice on what should I do?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
there is nothing you can do but just hope for the best.....and expecting the worst. :(

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suck thumb that the person you bumped into is so kiasu. Hope you are making your report to insurance today.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Deh, new car leh. If me, I would do the same. Later reverse sensor pai, or boot lid cannot close properly, or tail lamp crooked...

Anyway just be prepared to get chopped la.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
What will happen if TS dont report to insurance?

The front car still able to claim if repair need to be done?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What will happen if TS dont report to insurance?

The front car still able to claim if repair need to be done?
Front driver already mention going AD, if I'm TS, I will report IDAC first.

Just suck it up.

aileron

Reaction score
No choice. Bang ppl new car b4 also the same stuff but mine is need to change rear bumper la. Cost more than $8k sia.

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not all AD do accident claims. Their focus is on repairs. Whether u are the banger or bangee is not important. Pay for it first and go elsewhere to claim. I am sure you know how long it takes to collect insurance money. Employees at luxury car AD collecting fixed pay have no incentive at all, unlike taxi coy, rental coy and outside workshops.

The fastest way to make a claim would be to send to outside workshops who are authorized by IDAC, and got their own network of doctors and lawyers. If she knows anything at all, this is the first place to go, not AD. Go there and they can advise whether 50/50 or 100%. If sure win, they will take u on, and start the creative story telling process while filling up the IDAC report.

Last edited:

yrh0413

Reaction score
if i were her i go AD also la, new car why settle for less? heck my car is 4yrs old i still go back AD for 3rd party claims.

You pay for your own mistakes the victim is not obligated to go with your terms.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today I was involved in an accident at the carpark. Slight bump to car in front. No visible damage to both vehicle. Even if have, can be Polish away kind. Car owner message me after that telling me her car is a new car and she will send her vehicle to ad to do full check up. Advice on what should I do?

I kena 50/50 case similar to this. (side swipe, he tried to squeeze pass me but failed.)

end up my liability for 5 figure sum just becos his car was slightly in front of mine when taking photo. (he claim is I hit him)

I hope you got take photo of the damage.

nothing much you can do, if insurance arbitration determine liability fall to you. Insurance lawyer will tell you to pay for your own lawyer fee and court fee if you disagree with them or want to fight it out. They actually have this whole book of car accidents and positions to base the liability on.

if open court case, the claim amount will be lodged in your CBS report as potential liability and might affect ur CBS score until the court case is settled.

next time in carpark dun tailgate so close.

JJughead

Reaction score
Unlucky. Do share the outcome? Have to learn what to do in case of accidents, especially the minors ones.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

go to make report first.
later insurance said you no report.

TylerTan

Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance guys. Still waiting for the person to get back to me. Although on the surface nothing visible can be seen, but I don't know got internal damage or not also. Will update later

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.