Need advise on case against car dealer

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a second hand car 2months+ ago. So a few days after I collected the car, I drove down to complain that aircon has issues as it is weak from time to time. Car dealer proceeds to blame weather, humidity, parking location, blablabla. And since it is still working, he says cannot fix unless its spoilt. And he mentioned if aircon spoil, he will have it fixed.
So today while driving, my aircon decides its the best time to stop working entirely. So I drove down to my workshop and mechanic tells me its the aircon blower motor that died. So I called car dealer to inform them and guess what? Now the dealer claims that this blower component is not covered by warranty.
In nowhere on any of their documents state which exact component is covered by warranty but aircon is mentioned.
I want to bring this up to CASE and complain them, but I have a feeling this is a lost cause. Anyone has any experience with something like this?

lost case....

zensushi

Reaction score
wear and tear lah.
you bought used car and not new car.
when you bought the car that time, never bring trust able mechanic go together ?

I've always read this online...so really ahh, just jio a "trustworthy" mechanic to come along? Any particular lobang for such a person?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've always read this online...so really ahh, just jio a "trustworthy" mechanic to come along? Any particular lobang for such a person?
Honestly which mech will follow u go buy car unless u super buddy with him share the same underwear liao
U need to share same underwear with the mech boss too coz mech work under him
Suka suka can go see car with u during working hrs meh?

Before i buy my first car also keep seeing this type of advise
Who manage to do it is another question
Buy car is more on luck factor, % of kena a super lemon is quite low de
Most cases is wear n tear replacement only so buyer just need to factor in this cost and research on the car before they buy the car can liao

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

zensushi

Reaction score
Honestly which mech will follow u go buy car unless u super buddy with him share the same underwear liao
U need to share same underwear with the mech boss too coz mech work under him
Suka suka can go see car with u during working hrs meh?

Before i buy my first car also keep seeing this type of advise
Who manage to do it is another question
Buy car is more on luck factor, % of kena a super lemon is quite low de
Most cases is wear n tear replacement only so buyer just need to factor in this cost and research on the car before they buy the car can liao

Exactly why I was asking... So it's oft-repeated, but not practical advice? :s11:

walterwu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be covered under Lemon Law.

For such a small amount, best leave it to CASE or take it to the Small Claim Tribunal.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I was asking... So it's oft-repeated, but not practical advice? :s11:
Ya its not a practical one esp for newbie
Since is a newbie, i doubt they knew any buddy mech/workshop
Even for laojiao drivers, i doubt many of them have buddy also
As for laojiao drivers, i bet many of them more or less know how to view basic car condition liao

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe car workshop should offer such a service with their mechanics. Loan out at $30 per hour to help peepo see cars :o

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont be silly, workshop mechanics were hired to complete car repairs worth up to several tens of thousand dollars eg complete engine rebuild for continental cars. Which workshop boss will let you take his worker out for only $30/hr? You must cover his worker hourly salary, plus loss of productivity, plus a pro-rated workshop running bill.

$30 is simply too low. That mechanic is worth much much more.

If you want to buy a used car and worry so much, please just buy a new car. For an old asian car, fixing the problems proactively will not cost alot - just a few hundred to thousand dollars max. Close both eyes and buy blindly also will not exceed this repair bill.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.