Perodua Viva

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
myvi $5k more i see in their sg website... ok la if u need the space.. else the $5k can use for rims, ICE etc.. hehe

chua_jacky

Reaction score
VIVA

:)

Hi..!

Any bro out there mind to share the FC of a Manual Viva ;)

And any prb encounterd so far with the Vehicle ;)

I've test drive Viva rite after my test drive with picanto..
I feel that Viva has more power :)
As for Picanto it provides more comfort ;)

leoholynut

Reaction score
Hi all, I have got a Viva also and my car is 10 months old... I am driving auto.. this is what I got to say...

Msian cars that are exported overseas have undergone QC before leaving the factory... but reach SG, diffferent story...However the cars that the locals buy is really a game of chance.. Sometimes good and sometimes bad... We know because we driven Msian made cars in Msia and boy some are really good and some are really sad beyond words... The Myvi that one of my aunty owns in Ipoh is fantastic... but I get mixed reviews from other pple... My paternal side of my family are Msian and I have an uncle who owns a 2nd hand car garage and car workshop in KL. His buy in policy are only for cars below 10 years old for local cars and other made will be below 15 years old... Service mostly the middle to upper market so he has alot of Japanese and Luxury cars like BMW, Merc and Lexus.. of course he also have a good fleet of Msian made cars, so when we go up to KL, we will go to his garage and exchange cars hahaha.. So we have driven a good numberof msian made cars to understand this area and of course my uncle has also warned us... hahaha

Therefore Msian made cars in Singapore are alittle bit better then you buy in Msia hahaha.. Even if its bad, its not as bad as what the locals buy hahaha... Anyway I tested in Singapore Kelisa, Kenari and Viva... Lasst year they told me they won't bring in Myvi if not without testing ANY of the cars I will opt straight for Myvi because my driving experience with a Myvi in Ipoh was so wonderful.... Anyhow among the 3 cars I like the Viva very much but its too expensive, it is nice, modern and has all the features that most 1.0 cars dun have like airbags and abs...

Therefore the car that I am attracted to Kelisa, 1 for the price, 2 it is small and I am fat and tall so means i dun have to ferry pple haha and 3 it looks cute 4 I am in sales, the need for speed is important and most importantly I need to zip in and out and overtake big vehicles esp when I go Tuas or to get to places in shortest time possible... time is money, for me and for my staff... whenever I need to use the car (thats why I rent cars twice a week and it cost me $900 a month coz sometimes it falls on a Friday)... Kelisa manual handling is superb... Auto handling not as good in general and alot of shaking during stationary also coz its 3 cyclinder... The car is small so parking is a breeze and the pick up of the car is good meaning swing in and out of lanes will be easier compare to the kenari and viva being abit bigger and bulkier, making them abit more clumsy to perform that kind of stun... Like at a medium traffic situation at traffic junction that can turn right, driving a viva or kenari there must be calculated risk before turning right without the green arrow whereas I am confident that Kelisa can zip through it coz the pickup is good... (i am talking about auto kelisa, viva and kenari)

But I will buy Auto nonetheless because one of my good friend has an AUTO only licence and I scared that one day emergency if i need pple to drive my car they got problem la.. hahaha... BTW Kelisa Auto comes with electronic adjustable mirrors...Kenari is ok but its not very pretty but it is very practical... If i buy kenari its only coz of the big boot and reclining back chairs... It is a practical car for the budget.. If you want it to be pretty, you can forget about it la hahha.. Kenari was a consideration coz I wanted something that I can put wheelchair it was an additional $40 in instalment compare to Kelisa... viva is very chio and looks modern in its design.. but the $90 additional monthly puts me off-that was last year when I bought the Viva at 43899 before 17k rebate.. that is hella expensive...

My reviews on the Viva: The car looks nice and modern and its better for fatter pple like me... (Abit more image to drive the viva if you are as big as me coz pple say that Kelisa too small for me hahaha, dun look so nice like trying hard to squeeze into a tiny car), the viva comes with alot of function that most 1.0 cars dun have like dual airbags, foldable mirrors, electronic adjustable mirrors, 4 doors power windows and alloy rims.. The trick to sit a Viva for taller people who require leg room is to tuck their feet under the driver or front passenger chair... The design of the car is such that it gives you reasonable space for a compact car for those with the height department... Viva is a very good ride in the area of slower and relax drive, comfort... If you need a point A and B car and you want the comfort and usually not in a major rush for time, Viva will be ideal...If you want to zip in and out of various lane it is abit more challenging..(i am talking about stock viva)... Viva, Kelisa and Kenari all 1.0 car... The size of the car vs the engine used to power the cars, it is obvious that Kelisa is powerful coz its smaller and lighter and more compact and running on 1.0... Go figure...

Viva perform better on Auto btw... this was my feel when I test drive the car and so did one of the magazine review did mention... I average about 14+km/litre on shell... If you like speed and all that go for Kelisa Manual... If you do buy a Kenari go for manual, the drive is better, if you go for auto, dun expect too much, its only for going point A and B to start with...

If you are 1.8m and above and headroom is an issue, or you need to carry goods or need lots of boot space to put kids bicycles go for the Kenari... If you want a car to get you around Singapore that has very quick short distance pickup and is easy to park and can zip in and out of lanes which is good during rush hour or basically you are always on the go and in a hurry, or you are a salesman that you need travel to places, you need fast, fuel efficent, the best two in one combination go for the Kelisa coz of the small size and good pickup, zipping around town and highway is a breeze and you can squeeze your car inbetween tight lanes to change lanes haaha.. If you want something comfortable and you are just driving from point A to B, you do not need much cargo space and need space when you need it, and if you go more for the looks department and your wallet can afford it, go for the Viva... If you want the best of all then Myvi...

But if you ask me??? I do not regret buying the Viva... If I weren't so unsure about the economy (My industry was able to tell abit of sign of unstable economy during that time hahaha)... If i was confident of all that, going back in time, Viva will still be a choice that I will make without my parents influence...

The best part about Perodua cars is that repairs, services and modds can be done in truly asia... Kelisa is still selling off the last few units in Perodua Singapore and they have stopped advertising... They are clearing stock... Kenari is having promotion... OPC auto is going for less than 18k the last time I checked... Viva pricing is very good compare to when I buy...

The above are based on my personal experiences with the cars and there is no personal bias in my opinion... its my 2 cents worth and you can choose to differ... All these are based on Stock cars and test drive cars (they never change air fliter, exhaust, spark plug etc, it come as it is out of the factory)... I won't agrue about modds and changes to the car.... but this is my personal experience with the cars and my personal taste and preference.. All cars has its pros and cons... Like the saying one man's treasure is another man's trash... Don't flame me... Hope this small review can help anyone in understanding the cars better... At the end, you must like what you see, what you sit and what you drive...

Last edited:

leoholynut

Reaction score
Hi bro Jacky... Depends on how you drive... My best is 18km/litre that was before my 1000km run in, that was a one time.... During which I was getting about 15km/litre.... fter that I get the lowest 12km/litre (near 13) and average its about 13.9-15.2km/litre....

Last edited:

chua_jacky

Reaction score
FC

18km/l for an auto car is alot... lol....
from my understanding after run in the FC shld be better is it true...

hmmm how is auto viva perform better than the manual one pls enlighten :)

Hi bro Jacky... Depends on how you drive... My best is 18km/litre that was before my 1000km run in, that was a one time.... During which I was getting about 15km/litre.... fter that I get the lowest 12km/litre (near 13) and average its about 13.9-15.2km/litre....

leoholynut

Reaction score
You should do a test drive... you might like the manual better.... It might work for you and it might not work for you... At the end, its your car, you are driving it... You must like what you drive,..

18km/l for an auto car is alot... lol....
from my understanding after run in the FC shld be better is it true...

hmmm how is auto viva perform better than the manual one pls enlighten :)

chua_jacky

Reaction score
FC

You should do a test drive... you might like the manual better.... It might work for you and it might not work for you... At the end, its your car, you are driving it... You must like what you drive,..

thks for the feed back bro!! :)

joseph24

Master Member
Reaction score
VIVA and Kelisa , i think get VIVA.. Kelisa is rather a older generation of Daihatsu..

haha yup you are right. kelisa is based on a fifth generation Daihatsu Mira.. Engine is imported from Japan. You would be suprised by the kelisa performance when u test drive it... one day you should try chase honda fit / suzuki sports,etc... they will be suprised this cute little is are able to catch up with them:D:D Comes to corner and small road, no sweat for kelisa to overtake most of the cars :):D

Forever_Yours

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yup you are right. kelisa is based on a fifth generation Daihatsu Mira.. Engine is imported from Japan. You would be suprised by the kelisa performance when u test drive it... one day you should try chase honda fit / suzuki sports,etc... they will be suprised this cute little is are able to catch up with them:D:D Comes to corner and small road, no sweat for kelisa to overtake most of the cars :):D

only the engine is decent. the rest....:(

opboard19

Reaction score
No Viva Bodykits In Sg??

Hey Guys Im Driving Viva Ezi.. Almost 1 Yr I'm Been Driving.. And I've Been Wondering Where Can I Gt The BodyKits in SG...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.