Poor man's/Dummy's guide to CAR RENTAL!

fireblade08

Reaction score
Never stay in the west though. You can try expresscarrental.com.sg? Its located at bukit batok if I'm not wrong... they got a branch there...

Actually expresscar did comes to my consideration, just that the selection of manual car is limited. Think only 2 choices. :(

coaster87

Banned
Reaction score
I recently rented from eazi car lease @ turf city too. It was horrible. The car was very poorly maintained. Its cheap no doubt but you are increasing your chance to get into an accident. The tyres very bald. left abt 10%. I looked around their fleet of cars, all the tyres are quite bald. If you meet a very bad weather, drive carefully. The exterior was horrible too. alot of scratches, rims dmg badly, bumper one side drop off. Bad fc consumption as i am a light footer. 8km/l. The worse thing, I almost got into an accident due to the car. its was a auto car. I was accelerating after meeting the traffic light.. suddenly at gear 3, the gear stalled. however, the engine did not stalled. it's goes into N after a while... It was a busy road... Luckily no1 tailgated me if not i am in deep trouble... When taking the car, they check anyhow... dont really care. when return, they check more detail when handling over car to me. (-_-")

No doubt it is cheap car rental. But I will rather spend more to get a better car. Dont risk yourself into getting a poor maintained car. I will not rent from them again. (anyway, I was in need of a car.. so no choice at that time i have to rent the car. My fault to go back there again and believing that there are better cars despite informing them before hand saying that I need a better car for some impt functions.)

PM me for more details of the experience!

Last edited:

darknite

Reaction score
bad exp

I recently rented from eazi car lease @ turf city too. It was horrible. The car was very poorly maintained. Its cheap no doubt but you are increasing your chance to get into an accident. The tyres very bald. left abt 10%. I looked around their fleet of cars, all the tyres are quite bald. If you meet a very bad weather, drive carefully. The exterior was horrible too. alot of scratches, rims dmg badly, bumper one side drop off. Bad fc consumption as i am a light footer. 8km/l. The worse thing, I almost got into an accident due to the car. its was a auto car. I was accelerating after meeting the traffic light.. suddenly at gear 3, the gear stalled. however, the engine did not stalled. it's goes into N after a while... It was a busy road... Luckily no1 tailgated me if not i am in deep trouble... When taking the car, they check anyhow... dont really care. when return, they check more detail when handling over car to me. (-_-")

No doubt it is cheap car rental. But I will rather spend more to get a better car. Dont risk yourself into getting a poor maintained car. I will not rent from them again. (anyway, I was in need of a car.. so no choice at that time i have to rent the car. My fault to go back there again and believing that there are better cars despite informing them before hand saying that I need a better car for some impt functions.)

PM me for more details of the experience!

agree with u..their price is damn cheap,hard to resist,but their service sucks..

i got a bad exp with them..i called and booked a car (fiat punto) but when i came down on the same day,they told the car unavailable..damn unbelievable cos when i called,i was promised that the car is available..WTH..in the end had to take a much more ex car (toyota altis) n they nvr give discount at all..no choice cos it was 9pm already so i just took it..

n guess wat is their excuse? they said that amanda (the person i called) was at HQ (dunno where the hell) and do not know what car is available on the ground..LAME

n true,the car interior not maintained..if u looking to rent a car for an important function,pls consider other car rental companies

darknite

Reaction score
btw at turf city,their shop name is ACE CAR LEASE..on website stated as EAZI CAR LEASE.. funny

coaster87

Banned
Reaction score
btw at turf city,their shop name is ACE CAR LEASE..on website stated as EAZI CAR LEASE.. funny

I also agreed that their service cannot make it. I stand there waited for 15 minutes and no1 come and entertain me. just treat me invisible. I call amanda and she said look for ******. But everyone is busy but at least have the courtesy to tell us to wait for awhile. Amanda said that if you collect late there might be a chance of getting a better car. DONT BELIEF!!! WARNING!!! So i came late and guess what. I WAITED FOR 2 HOURS BEFORE GETTING A LOUSY CAR. Amanda told me that I will be given a SJ car. After being served, waiting for paperwork, they were talking like they got no cars. Then finally after 45 minutes, they told me they choose the cars from the shop front as they only left these cars (Punto btw). I was like. Cheated. Then i very pissed off, telling them that amanda promised me a new car. Then they asked me to wait to 7pm as there will be a SJ car coming back. Guess what. when i return back to the coy at 7pm, and I saw the SJ car and tot going home to have dinner. They told me that the car is not mine, someone else have already paid deposit. I was super pissed off. Waited close to 2 hours and no car. Then they ask me to choose from the fleet. They show me 1 Black punto. Saying that this is the best car they have from their fleet. Trust me, it is worse. after choosing a car, initially they say take and give (compromise) and can delay my car returning to 7pm. Then I waited to 740 plus got car. They asked me whether 7pm return car can? Then i said, you all decide, you should know what you do. Then the guy agreed and walk away and throw the phone onto the table. I was very pissed off.

When returning car, havent even 7pm, 630pm called me. I was driving so my gf pick up the call. They asking me to return the car as they are closing. I was very pissed off. I told my gf that I will call back they later. I called back and say you promised me 730pm. Then the person give me tone. Saying yah yah yah. Very pissed. Return that time so many customers coming in and out say what closing. Bull****.

Morale of the story and my experience, Dont rent from them despite the coy offer very good promotion. Dont belief me, go there and see their car especially their tyres. You do not want to lose control of the car you are renting when you are driving.

ganet_zp

Reaction score
seems i'm the lucky one, or maybe my standard too low, just concentrated on driving? nv meet delay or elso, just go, take, drive, return, total be there maybe less than 20 min

car conditions cmi but also good for first timers? I kana kerb once so scared come down too see dmg, shiok! old plastic cover :)

so far I only try ace car and going to try express car next month, any other place recommand?

the_spark

Reaction score
I also agreed that their service cannot make it. I stand there waited for 15 minutes and no1 come and entertain me. just treat me invisible. I call amanda and she said look for ******. But everyone is busy but at least have the courtesy to tell us to wait for awhile. Amanda said that if you collect late there might be a chance of getting a better car. DONT BELIEF!!! WARNING!!! So i came late and guess what. I WAITED FOR 2 HOURS BEFORE GETTING A LOUSY CAR. Amanda told me that I will be given a SJ car. After being served, waiting for paperwork, they were talking like they got no cars. Then finally after 45 minutes, they told me they choose the cars from the shop front as they only left these cars (Punto btw). I was like. Cheated. Then i very pissed off, telling them that amanda promised me a new car. Then they asked me to wait to 7pm as there will be a SJ car coming back. Guess what. when i return back to the coy at 7pm, and I saw the SJ car and tot going home to have dinner. They told me that the car is not mine, someone else have already paid deposit. I was super pissed off. Waited close to 2 hours and no car. Then they ask me to choose from the fleet. They show me 1 Black punto. Saying that this is the best car they have from their fleet. Trust me, it is worse. after choosing a car, initially they say take and give (compromise) and can delay my car returning to 7pm. Then I waited to 740 plus got car. They asked me whether 7pm return car can? Then i said, you all decide, you should know what you do. Then the guy agreed and walk away and throw the phone onto the table. I was very pissed off.

When returning car, havent even 7pm, 630pm called me. I was driving so my gf pick up the call. They asking me to return the car as they are closing. I was very pissed off. I told my gf that I will call back they later. I called back and say you promised me 730pm. Then the person give me tone. Saying yah yah yah. Very pissed. Return that time so many customers coming in and out say what closing. Bull****.

Morale of the story and my experience, Dont rent from them despite the coy offer very good promotion. Dont belief me, go there and see their car especially their tyres. You do not want to lose control of the car you are renting when you are driving.

Just 2 years ago the fiat punto as i recall was going for $70 on a weekday and $230 for a weekend (fri-mon). Back then they had just accquired the car and apparently some customers didnt mind paying that price as the cars were on average 1-2 months ago. Fast forward 2 years down the road, the cars have aged and will require more effort in maintenance and therefore many will find that the exterior has numerous dings and dents while the interior is sandy with worn out carpets etc. Therefore conclude that poor maintenance = horrible cars

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try renting from this guy called shawn. I'm not so sure bout his collection of cars though....

Shawn: 98068558
Jerry: 94798427

Hopefully these helps!

Can rent weekends ah? Need it just for 1 day only.. Where to collect?

coaster87

Banned
Reaction score
Just 2 years ago the fiat punto as i recall was going for $70 on a weekday and $230 for a weekend (fri-mon). Back then they had just accquired the car and apparently some customers didnt mind paying that price as the cars were on average 1-2 months ago. Fast forward 2 years down the road, the cars have aged and will require more effort in maintenance and therefore many will find that the exterior has numerous dings and dents while the interior is sandy with worn out carpets etc. Therefore conclude that poor maintenance = horrible cars

You should go there and see how they maintain their car. It's really interesting. They splash water onto the car and just wipe off, vacuum the car and that's it. And there are still alot of water marks on the all the glass areas, which means that they are just doing it for the sake of doing it. I still remember there advertisement on the internet. The car are as good as the showroom. I know that i just can't demand much from a rental car. But at least the most basic things like tyres balding and engine maintenance is important. Must ensure that the ppl who are renting are safe from accidents by doing things right at their perspective. Carpet worn off seats stained bla bla bla interior are not important after all. Exterior is important if you are attending a impt function.

Imagine yourself driving a 4 bald tyres and with a bad engine. Gear disengaged while driving, when after starting car, the gear cannot be engaged. You will be facing a lot of stress level when driving. What if (touch wood), something bad happen due to the car problems. $160 for mon-fri seems attractive. With this kind of standard car, you will be preparing to pay $3500 for the excess if anything happens.

the_spark

Reaction score
let us not turn this into a company bashing thread but rather to inform others to be preapred for not so good service and most importantly, the possibility of getting a car with bald tyres. I have heard of car rental companies sourcing for second hand tyres rather than new ones for their cars. This, i feel is reasonable as those tyres can be used up to 20k km. sometimes new car owners trade in their tyres from their new cars with barely 1k on the clock and from what i understand, second hand tyres dont cost much. So if i'm going to get a car with bald tyres i rather go somewhere else. Perhaps you might feel that the weather recently is dry with not much rain and therefore the roads will be dry and those tyres wont pose much of a danger but do take note that loss of traction can go horribly wrong such as spinning 180 deg before coming to a stop, though uncommon but has happened here before.

ironiioxide

Reaction score
Keep this thread up for the dummies' guide to car rent, or maybe can post some recommendations on car rental companies here. Lets try to prevent people from spamming more threads...

black_star

Reaction score
i recommend aj auto... gd service, car condition not too bad... loc abit off for some thou

claudys

Reaction score
hi, any recommendations for car rental in the west? i want to rent it for saturday only.. most websites i see only rent their cars for the whole wkn.. :(

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried A1 car rental from Leng Kee? any comments can share? thanks

The staff dont look friendly to me. Once i heard they need me to be 25 years old, i said ok nevermind. Then he added, do you meet the requirements? And their cars only normal sedans when i have driven something better than that.

mrpega

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread but i have a few questions:

Can i present the acknowledgment slip because i'm still waiting for the license?

how many days in advance do i need to call them?

usually their 1 day= 24 hours? or before 9pm or something?

i thought they got their insurance for the cars then how come i still need to pay for damages?

anyone tried expresscars.com.sg before? i think they look better than eazi but more expensive?

i pass my test using a manual car so should i rent a auto car right away or continue to use manual car?

thanks for helping out this noob!:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.