Ran red light....?

GlobeMaster99

Reaction score
Beat Red light by a second

Hi all,

I beat a red light by microseconds (barely even 1 second as far as I can remember). I was on Mountbatten Road and approaching the junction of Tanjong Katong Road. Was cruising at about 55ish to 60km/h. As I approach the junction, it was still green. As I was crossing the middle arrow, the 2nd arrow from the stop line, the light turned amber. **The last time I check the rear view mirror, there was a car behind me**. So since I am crossing the second arrow and braking will definitely roll the car out from the stop line (Floor was wet as there was a small drizzle), I floored the accelerator to clear the junction. To my horror, the light turned red just about half a meter before my front wheel crosses the stop line. Jaming brake will be too dangerous from the road conditions and distance from stop line (above second arrow when amber). I remember my driving instructor told me as long as you clear the second arrow or crossing it, accelerate as you are committed to clear. Hmm what are the chances peeps? Still P plate here and I'm really demoralized from this incident. Couldn't brake as too risky and couldn't clear it IN TIME despite the flooring ):

Finbias

Reaction score
there is no red light camera there, you can go check all fixed cameras are listed (straightstimes has a map)

shadow82

Reaction score
Actually such source of video, will tp really summon? Its 3rd party source and can claim to be edited etc.

TP bothers. I kenna b4. No camera at the said junction
But I stil got the letter. Muz be 3rd party submit video.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed, there is no need to wait for red light cameras to do their jobs.
To keep our roads safe, the public is encouraged to report incidents of beating red lights, as well as other acts of dangerous driving, to the police via the E-services/Feedback on Road users.

———-
IMPORTANT NOTICE
To submit a driving behaviour report, you must undertake that you are willing to testify in court in respect of the incident/violation. In addition, you must also be able to provide at least one independent eyewitness and/or corroborative evidence i.e. photograph(s) or video of the alleged violation. Otherwise Traffic Police will not be able to follow up on the report.

INTRODUCTION
You can report incidents of traffic violations that you have witnessed.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Has witnessed a traffic violation;
2. Willing to testify in court for the reported violation; and
3. Able to furnish corroborative evidence or an independent eyewitness.

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/feedback-on-road-users.html

A relevant video is admissible as evidence and carries weight that could extinguish distinguished drivers.

NUS professor who drove Maserati against traffic given maximum fine, driving ban
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...i-drive-against-traffic-maximum-fine-10969162
https://courses.nus.edu.sg/course/geoywc/henry.htm

Let’s re-revisit the distinguished driving behaviour of Professor Henry Yeung Wai Chung before he was finally extinguished.

Bleepblee

Reaction score
Red light at jalan membina

hi bros, just wanna ask a quick question as this is my first time experiencing this incident. On new year 2020 it was 1st JAN, around 2+am, i am driving down from safra telok blangah and i am living at kim tian road. So there is a straight road down all the way to my house, when i am 3/4 otw home, there was this big junction with red light camera along jalan membina. Anw, when i was nearly reaching the junction the traffic light decided to turn amber and just nice when my front tyre cross the stop line by a bit, it turn red. I decided to went through it as i thought its safe, i was not sure if there is any flash therefore i am super worried now. I have been checking on Eddies, LTA, AXS machine, till now still nothing. Literally praying everyday lol. Anyone able to give me advice? really appreciate it !!

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros, just wanna ask a quick question as this is my first time experiencing this incident. On new year 2020 it was 1st JAN, around 2+am, i am driving down from safra telok blangah and i am living at kim tian road. So there is a straight road down all the way to my house, when i am 3/4 otw home, there was this big junction with red light camera along jalan membina. Anw, when i was nearly reaching the junction the traffic light decided to turn amber and just nice when my front tyre cross the stop line by a bit, it turn red. I decided to went through it as i thought its safe, i was not sure if there is any flash therefore i am super worried now. I have been checking on Eddies, LTA, AXS machine, till now still nothing. Literally praying everyday lol. Anyone able to give me advice? really appreciate it !!
If it turn red abt 1 sec after u pass, shld not take. Anyway summon wont be so fast. Abt 3 weeks later. If kanna juz suck it up. But why so anxious? U on probation license?

Bleepblee

Reaction score
If it turn red abt 1 sec after u pass, shld not take. Anyway summon wont be so fast. Abt 3 weeks later. If kanna juz suck it up. But why so anxious? U on probation license?

no not on probation just heart pain $400 and 12 points... meanwhile is there any ways to check if i kenna? rather than worrying everyday for the letter....

Bleepblee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I beat a red light by microseconds (barely even 1 second as far as I can remember). I was on Mountbatten Road and approaching the junction of Tanjong Katong Road. Was cruising at about 55ish to 60km/h. As I approach the junction, it was still green. As I was crossing the middle arrow, the 2nd arrow from the stop line, the light turned amber. **The last time I check the rear view mirror, there was a car behind me**. So since I am crossing the second arrow and braking will definitely roll the car out from the stop line (Floor was wet as there was a small drizzle), I floored the accelerator to clear the junction. To my horror, the light turned red just about half a meter before my front wheel crosses the stop line. Jaming brake will be too dangerous from the road conditions and distance from stop line (above second arrow when amber). I remember my driving instructor told me as long as you clear the second arrow or crossing it, accelerate as you are committed to clear. Hmm what are the chances peeps? Still P plate here and I'm really demoralized from this incident. Couldn't brake as too risky and couldn't clear it IN TIME despite the flooring ):

hi, may i know did u receive the letter? as i happen to be in the same situation as u... do let me know thank you very much!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.