HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree23Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #61

Any workshop that can service TEIN coilover?
Whats the price for changing ignition coil / engine mounting for Honda Fit in SG & JB ah ?
kingsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #62

You may want to try Hypertune JB or one of those performance shops that do aftermarket coilover.

Labour charges in my observation is usually around MYR / SGD 50 per man hour here or in JB WS.

Just did my lower arm suspension bushing change at Jet workshop on Fri, took around 3 hours. Bill for this portion came up to MYR 140 (Parts I supply).

After that got my front alignment done at Hawk Tayar (near Taman Sentosa), @MYR 37 for computerized front 2 wheels (was also quoted MYR 60 for 4 wheels). They use a new hunter alignment machine and the guy operating it seems quite competent on it. Drove the car before and after alignment to re-check his work.

Labour intensive repairs in JB definitely more cost effective

Any workshop that can service TEIN coilover?
Whats the price for changing ignition coil / engine mounting for Honda Fit in SG & JB ah ?
kingsen likes this.

Last edited by pointman2009; 05-04-2015 at 10:02 AM..
pointman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #63

Cool Value for money

I just change my tyres(Primacy 3) and rims from Hup Heng Ang,it's really good value for money.as usual they did a complimentary check for the car.i was shocked that they highlighted that my spark plug needs to be change with less than a week from last servicing at Hanip Auomobile.they showed me the filthy spark plug and carbon flush wasn't being done.i'll be burning money changing my spark plug week in and out as long as the carbon flush not being done.it was really disappointing that i spend over 600 plus at hanip automobile and that's the end product i received.sorry to side track a bit,anyway all the problems was fixed after my last visit to Hup Heng Ang,( brake screeching sound,Side mirror loosen Etc ) that was never even being look into by Hanip automobile.and i would say Hup Heng Ang was really helpful in terms of checking almost every single components of your car,and they would always advise you on the pros and cons of the highlighted parts whether or not you be changing.most importantly seek your approval before changing it and no hard selling.i'll think after the latest visit.i'm more willing than ever now to endure the hours long jam to Jb just to seek their expertise.Hope my review really helps,sorry for the long winded story as i really gets angsty at point of writing.lolx
ahlahoiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #64

Just wondering why u guys choose to bring own parts? Example oil/air filter? Due to original or mark up by shop even when in jb?
ska13a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #65
Master Member

Just wondering why u guys choose to bring own parts? Example oil/air filter? Due to original or mark up by shop even when in jb?
You got both point right and also, you won't know if its truely original parts.
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #66

suppose to do idle valve and trottle body cleaning
went in last week saw so many Civic @ Jet's ws
end up go back the next day morning to do the cleaning...
looks like his shop getting more and more popular liao
Old 08-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #67

Can't be helped, there's ony 2 guys working - Jet and his brother.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #68
Supremacy Member

Can't be helped, there's ony 2 guys working - Jet and his brother.
Thought his Dad is there too?
AL5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #69

Just did my servicing and replacement of parts with Jet auto
A Honest and friendly chap i must say, when i met him, he drive my 07 Fit around the place to find out the problem of my car.
We had a chat in the Car, he say that he's with KAH Motor for 6 years, and quit because he find it very xiong to go in and out of custom everyday.
At 1st i abit worry about puting my car in his care while i go do my thing, but he assure me that's its ok, as he will be jacking the car high up, and mention that most of his customer put the car in his ws and went fishing.
So i put the purge and leave the car to him, while he ask his brother to drive me to near by the store to watch movie or do some shopping.

for the price of the service, we had already agreed on the price of things to change in whatapps, his number remain unchange
before commencing on the job when Jet look through my parts, he say an idle valve, i told him i need it to solve my vibration problem, he say dont need, just replace mounting will do.
instead of straight away n go ahead to change and charge me for a fee to do the job, he ask me to ask for refund from the stock list.
here's the list of job i ask him to do

do coolant flush
change gear box oil - i give you my HMMF oil
change 2 behind shock absorber - i give parts
change all engine mounting - parts i provide
Change fan belt - parts i provide
Change Brake oil

Total work took more than 4 hours, and he really give me a very good price, which i feel abit Pai seh also.

And i promise to spread his good words around.
anyway he also have lobang and shares with other WS which do accessories and grooming, if you need any of these, you and go through him and the WS can give you a good price on that.

before its his shopfront and name card, do make a call before going down, when i was there, there was a oby coming in later, heng i was 1st to reach there so he gg wait for me lol.

shop front
can repost contact and address?
seem like image down
Old 08-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #70

suppose to do idle valve and trottle body cleaning
went in last week saw so many Civic @ Jet's ws
end up go back the next day morning to do the cleaning...
looks like his shop getting more and more popular liao
Hi, can advise what is the best time to go in? And also the operating hours? Thanks!!!
WANGLAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #71

repost namecard again

his dad is actually there, i ask him why dun wan to hire more hands, he say he rather do the work himself so he can maintain his quality of work.
the 1st time i met him, i actually came before he even open so he can start the work early.
do inform him before you went down
while waiting do try the stall that sell char kway teow behind his WS, there's also a fried chicken stall as well. you can request him to bring you to nearby the Store shopping centre, but there got limited stuff to see....
not only honda, other Japanese or korean brand car he can do as well.
Just make sure you bring the correct parts in.
but for continent car, he have some challenge in do, so best is not to engage him.
he himself say he also scare to touch european cars.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #72

Where do u guys get ur engine oil from?
Parts I understand stockist.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #73
Master Member

What oil do you use ? You can check out MX Tradings.
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:27 AM   #74

MX trading, stockists, Autobacs, Giant depending what oil you are using
Old 13-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #75
Supremacy Member

Anyone send Toyota there before? How's their workmanship?
messi1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.