Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

PrinCe_iL

Master Member
Reaction score
Yesterday went servicing at JKS with my Mitsubishi Lancer Manual, $198 for 3 times servicing. Technician found 2 issues

1. Lower Hose leaking ($40 to change)
2. Drive shaft oil seal leak ($80 to change)

Not sure whether to change or not, or thinking to go JB to change would be cheaper? Anyone any ideas?

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Lower hose jb can do. But drive shaft boot they may need to order the part. Is yours cs3? If yes, then they may need to order the part as CS 3 not readily available in Malaysia.

chows99

Reaction score
Any reliable workshops in jb for Chevrolet cars? Thanks in advance for recommendation!

Snowblind

Reaction score
Parts better to buy from stocklist in Singapore. Labour cheaper in jb. I do that for my car. No point go all the way into jb and no parts available.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Malaysia customs nowadays check through your car interior, so just be careful when bringing your own parts in.

flankingnow

Reaction score
Honda workshop JB

Hi guys, any recommendations for Honda car workshops in JB?

I'm driving a 2006 Accord and recently I keep having strong vibrations when stationery and in gear.

Went to see a workshop in Singapore and they very confident is my engine mount, 920 SGD for whole set! Like a bit chor eh.

Hoping can get cheaper in JB:s12:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Check with Jet, he's a season Honda technician, last time he work in kah motor
Let him diagnose the problem before you buy your parts in sgp

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm driving a 2006 Accord and recently I keep having strong vibrations when stationery and in gear.

Went to see a workshop in Singapore and they very confident is my engine mount, 920 SGD for whole set! Like a bit chor eh.

Parts can be bought in SG at tanly.
I ever asked about labour in SG vs JB, end up SG more wuhua(given the exchange rate wasnt as good as now thou).

Honda ride can go SKM(boss ah heng) to get it done.
Nice boss and quote reasonably too.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i just changed my front suspension with jet cheng. goggle for his contacts.
very friendly and knowledgeable about hondas.

izzac00

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very good mech in Jb, he is at the petron petrol station opposite Pelangi plaza. His name is ah Huat, I have been going to him for many years now. I asked him how much to change engine mounts for Vios, and he said around 150 rm. talk to him and it will be cheaper. He has very good knowledge on cars and will not repair it if he cannot do it. Will not chop your head. Tell him thomas gave you his contact. Bring your own parts from sg or go in and buy from the parts dealers over there, be careful as the Jb customs now check and tax you for parts brought in.
If you need his contact number or part shop number pm me.

Bro, able contact? Thanks

x3yang

Reaction score
Hyundai door repair

Hi guys,

My avante passenger door lock seems to be spoilt, sometimes the lock of the door just will not move when i wanna lock the car. Opening no issue, only closing sometimes that door cant close in.

Will it be possible to repair this in JB? Went to check in SG, tech quote me $200..

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My avante passenger door lock seems to be spoilt, sometimes the lock of the door just will not move when i wanna lock the car. Opening no issue, only closing sometimes that door cant close in.

Will it be possible to repair this in JB? Went to check in SG, tech quote me $200..
Is your door actuator faulty??

Think is is discussed in this thread about it.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/just-hooted-2nd-hand-hyundia-avante-3814645.html
you may read abit about it.

Buy the part from sg and go jb to get it done?

Snowblind

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had this issue in my hyundai verna and should be the door actuator. Suggest buy part in Jb and change in Jb.
Or how I solved mine by accident is, when my wife was closing the door,i pressed the lock button. Dun have the intermittent locking issue, only a buzzing sound during unlock and off car.

x3yang

Reaction score
thanks for the info, I probably see what is the damage in JB first and decide if worth it to repair that.

Got a feeling is the actuator spoilt, but sometimes can lock sometimes cannot lock.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, I probably see what is the damage in JB first and decide if worth it to repair that.

Got a feeling is the actuator spoilt, but sometimes can lock sometimes cannot lock.
SG workshop never indicate which is faulty?

Be careful when you go JB to ask too, something they may try to pull a fast one if they feel that you do not seem to know a thing thou.

fathinzara

Reaction score

I have the same problem with my avante...replace at jb..RM200.. workshop opposite ksl.. i think the price around the same within jb..

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my avante...replace at jb..RM200.. workshop opposite ksl.. i think the price around the same within jb..
Hope it is not ah wee??

try ah wee along jalan dato sulaiman.

but if only a fix, why need to go in?

they might rather you buy something from them and they install for you..... this way their inventory leaves the shop.. rather than just fix everyone's problems... how to operate business....

My bad experience with them;

Just spotted this post and like to share my 'bad experience' about this Ah WEE (opp KSL).

I bought 3rd party alarm and plan to bring it in JB to get it done (as labour cost is cheaper there thou).

Was there rather early then as wasn't caught in any jam in.
Ah Wee shop open pretty early at 9+am which I think most shop start around/after 10am.

Asked him about the cost of installation as I wanted to do a boot-release with it too(it a given yet optional function).

He quoted me installing of alarm at rm180 and if I need to do the boot function additional rm80.
Total of rm260, which I feel it not cheap at all (almost the price to install in sg thou).
So I politely told him I will think about it and was to leave.
He then, said if I do now he charge rm60 for boot release cost which I still declined and said will think about it.

Went for breakfast and drive around.
asked a 2 other workshops, both quote me rm150.

I do not know how 'good' the workmanship of this AH WEE can be but for sure am not paying for the price quoted(close to SG rate wor)

So be warned when going there to get things done.
If got time to spare, try to compare a few workshops.

Just my 2cents worth for what happened just recently(less than 1 month).

So if got time ask and compare around.

Cheers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.