HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #631

Do they oven bake the rims also or just spray and go?
I didn't ask for the procedure. only ask for price and down time which is 3hrs.
berney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #632

Just recommended my friend to overhaul his gearbox at LCH brother. Was quoted only 2.8k, compared to many workshop in sg minimum 1.5k and above. Overall they done a good job and is very reliable. thumbs up for them
berney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #633

Any recommendatuon to install rear/parking camera
hoboonhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 02:23 AM   #634

you are welcome.

Big thank you to Laksafan for recommending LCH and Ah Yuan. Just serviced my car with change of tyres there and had very good experience! Really only change those required. Those i ask him to check(battery/suspension/ATF etc) , he did check but say no need to change! Last time in SGP workshops, check liao sure need to change zzz.

LCH prices are also very affordable! Highly recommended!

Thanks Laksafan again!

Sent from using GAGT
laksafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 02:29 AM   #635

No problem bro... good to know its helpful

Also a small tip for all brothers here and for all brothers who intro friends, besides all of you pls tell your friends not to bargain with any workshop in jb... the reason why alot of JB workshops near the causeway like to chop sg cars cos according to syrakit fuji aircon boss (was chillin with him) he says that everyone come ask for discount, some will beg and lose temper and be persistent on a discount when it is very cheap already (they too have rental and overheads)... so many workshops who encounter such nonsense one too many time, will start to charge higher, so that when the person ask for discount will still pay the same price as they originally quoted but not without saying many no(s) first and if they are lucky they get to charge higher that it normally would have....

So some workshops over the years become very expensive, because Singaporeans go there and bargain alot.... (some pple not just bargain but they literally beg! seriously, dun sia suay)

what was embarrassing was that its always the sg cars that will bargain... i was like no im not gonna bargain with u hahahaha

Just recommended my friend to overhaul his gearbox at LCH brother. Was quoted only 2.8k, compared to many workshop in sg minimum 1.5k and above. Overall they done a good job and is very reliable. thumbs up for them
Old 24-06-2017, 02:34 AM   #636

all the workshops i recommended

YS, LCH, BTS, i dare...
i left for a week before too.... $60 cashcard and i left a bag with rm150 and $50 sing inside... car was at bts for a week then to ys for a week... no problem.... earlier this year I dropped off my car outside lch workshop (didnt even park inside..... no problems, car still there

If the workshop said leave ur car here for few days...u dare?
Old 24-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #637
Master Member

all the workshops i recommended

YS, LCH, BTS, i dare...
i left for a week before too.... $60 cashcard and i left a bag with rm150 and $50 sing inside... car was at bts for a week then to ys for a week... no problem.... earlier this year I dropped off my car outside lch workshop (didnt even park inside..... no problems, car still there
i went to change tires with LCH a few weeks back. Now i know who you were talking about when you said ah yuen took someone with him from ys. Its the guy with specs. When i arrived at LCH, i asked the specs guy if he still remember me. He say, of course! Probably because i was the one who was sticking with him when he was doing his job at YS. He was cleaning my throttle body and left one of the coolant hose unplugged. I handed him a spark plug to plug the hose. He said "eh, still not bad ah" i just laughed at him.

what i don't understand is that the price LCH quoted me from facebook is slightly different from the price that was charged to me at the shop. I didn't ask nor nego as the price was still cheaper than SG but somehow i feel ah yuen and ah chen pricing method might be different. Ah Yuen like to quickly jack up your car and make you feel obligated to do with them. As for Ah Chen, he will tell you whats wrong and tell you the price before doing the job. Do you agree? Because of this, i may stick to YS for other things except tires and go to LCH just for tires.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #638

i dun have that problem... but if the price online is different u should tell them cos different pple reply to it

you can always ask him to diagnose first
ys always jack up my car if its an under the hood problem. if it's things like wheel bearing, absorber etc then they will diagnose. there were times that ah chen gave me wrong diagnosis, i spend close to $7k sing for wrong diagnosis over 4 years. So sometimes its annoying, esp aircon problems when you need it to work esp... he messed up my car because he couldnt diagnose a wire in the sensor broke and that went on for one year since it was an intermittent issue (everything can changed I change already from new throttle body to all sensors change new and even a whole aircon system, change air con car kept stalling cos too much gas or some crap.... all is ah chen do one and when ah yuan or other mechanic want to check further he will scold them and tell them dun bother cos it this issue, that issue, leaving me no choice but to change according to what he says and it still doesn't work - its always the intermittent issue), finally i brought to a mechanic in Macpherson, he found the problem in 2 mins... Ah chen messed up an expat (angmoh) Peugeot earlier this year, i had to be translator, ah moh came to his work shop 5 times in 3 weeks and he was very upset. it was a very simple problem (a sensor issue, the sensor wasn't sitting properly), he made the guy change 3 aircon compressor from oem to oem to original etc etc. Even call two electrician to come with computers like some big shot car.... The guy was really upset and kept telling ah chen its an electronic or electrical issue but he boh bian cos he put in alot of money there already....

There were times that ah chen could have claim back stuff from the supplier when the parts fail he didnt do it for me (prob did and pocket the money) so end up it was ah yuan and ah keong who told me can....

after 8 years abit sian.... but honestly over the years YS serve me ok so i stayed on it is only need to have two to three times they coxk it up damn bad that you understand..

why i left ys for lch, is when i had an issue for 4 years ah chen cannot diagnose keep saying its aircon issue when i know its not (he told me i need to change out my 1 year old compressor which i didnt drag for 4 years) and it was ah keong who found the problem - the valve cover rubber and solve my problem zzzz also his aircon metre is different reading from 3 shops i went around jb... his red valve is super high so it makes u think your condensor has issue. So aircon stuff always go syrakit to check

i went to change tires with LCH a few weeks back. Now i know who you were talking about when you said ah yuen took someone with him from ys. Its the guy with specs. When i arrived at LCH, i asked the specs guy if he still remember me. He say, of course! Probably because i was the one who was sticking with him when he was doing his job at YS. He was cleaning my throttle body and left one of the coolant hose unplugged. I handed him a spark plug to plug the hose. He said "eh, still not bad ah" i just laughed at him.

what i don't understand is that the price LCH quoted me from facebook is slightly different from the price that was charged to me at the shop. I didn't ask nor nego as the price was still cheaper than SG but somehow i feel ah yuen and ah chen pricing method might be different. Ah Yuen like to quickly jack up your car and make you feel obligated to do with them. As for Ah Chen, he will tell you whats wrong and tell you the price before doing the job. Do you agree? Because of this, i may stick to YS for other things except tires and go to LCH just for tires.

Last edited by laksafan; 24-06-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Old 24-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #639

yeah.. Tell ah yuan u were recommended by HWZ forum so he will know you are my friend and maybe better* pricing too lol
Bro, which way is more accessible? via tuas or woodland checkpoint?

What name to quote when we are there? Laksafan? 😄
thebarracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #640

Both similar distance in my opinion...

say hardwarezone forum

Bro, which way is more accessible? via tuas or woodland checkpoint?

What name to quote when we are there? Laksafan? 😄
Old 28-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #641
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any recommendatuon to install rear/parking camera
Car accessories go look for Sheng Auto at kempas. They have iroad

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #642

Clutch & Auto Door Lock Problem

Manual Clutch & Auto Car Lock

Just when I about to lose hope to find any JB mechanic info, I found HWZ.
How can HWZ be better than sgcarmart but I was wrong. Just scrolling a few pages and found updated information as recent as last week.

Please help as I am going to JB tomorrow to service my 9 year old Cerato Kia. Just bought it this month.

Problem 1 (Clutch)
Have problem engaging the gear despite stepping the clutch. Reverse gear can feel the spinning of something and the grinding of the metal as I tried to put in reverse gear.

Read about it and know could be master/slave cylinder, clutch pad, oil leakage, synchros

Problem 2 (Car Auto lock)
The car autolock system just gone crazy and lock unlock and have the rattle sound. Also car lock when key still inside the car. Hence I carry spare key with me always. Just in case.

I heard LCH & Ah Yuan and something else from laksafan.

Wont be spending a lot on car as its old and hardly used.
Appreciate if brothers here can give me some advise

Rgds
Desperate owner
sookinwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #643

Hi gurus, looking to do a normal 10k servicing, brake pads most likely need to change, pump aircon gas, rear and side window tint need to reduce.. anywhere in jb to recommend to do everything at one shot ? So far lch mentioned the most for servicing.. thanks and appreciate any input
gctmls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #644
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just go to LCH. Already been there 2-3 times. Good recommendation by laksafan.

Window film need to go to car accessories shops. I recommend Sheng Auto.

snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #645

Just go to LCH. Already been there 2-3 times. Good recommendation by laksafan.

Window film need to go to car accessories shops. I recommend Sheng Auto.

Thanks bro.. one qns.. this sheng auto is in jb or ..?
gctmls is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.