Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

urbanoxide

Reaction score
Hi i am looking for a pdi around outram park area. any recommendations? thanks in advance, much appreciated

Pathetic_Moron

Reaction score
Anyone has lobang to intro for good instructors @ Tiong Bahru / Vivo area?
And around what's the rate again for private?

Thanks in advance..

n0thingw0w

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a good manual PDI in the east area. Am living at tanah merah. Thanks in advance.

cocoa123

Reaction score
what did you learn on your first lesson? he keeps slapping my leg. damn trying to look forward to next saturday lol.

Mine is auto.
I did u-turn on first lesson, parking on the second.

Yours abit extreme, mine won't do that but will scold and somehow I get demoralised. Can take it easy for 1st-2 lesson, but now he scold me on the 3rd I quite affected.

philipsdell

Reaction score
anyone got recommendation for driving instructor teaching? please PM me!

-male/female also can
-teaches at east side
-manual
-preferably english speaking

I've changed instructor twice already, had a bad experience with them.:( (One kept falling asleep for almost entire lesson and another talked more than teach)

realized getting recommendation from friends is more trustworthy than finding one from those agents. thanks for your help!!! :))

Last edited:

TheHome

Reaction score
anyone got recommendation for driving instructor teaching? please PM me!

-male/female also can
-teaches at east side
-manual

I've changed instructor twice already, had a bad experience with them.:( (One kept falling asleep for almost entire lesson and another talked more than teach)

realized getting recommendation from friends is more trustworthy than finding one from those agents.

My driving instructor, male, teach in ubi area, sometimes in Sengkang cos more deserted. He's my dad's old friend though. Very patient, explains to you clearly as well. Manual. Pm you his number already.

Deepvk

Reaction score
Sleeping instructor

Hi, here to share my experience. I got to know Anthony from ledriving. I've had 4 lessons with him and he has never stayed awake in any one of them.

I even changed timing from morning to afternoon hoping he would not sleep.

I think it's ridiculous that we pay so much for him to sleep during lesson. He doesn't tell you where to turn as he is always sleeping. You have to wake him up.

$45 for him to sleep is ******** regardless of first few lesson.

Please be careful not to get this guy.

Anthony Tan
Toyota Vios
Car Plate : 962A

Last edited:

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am having my TP test test two weeks later (26 march) at 2.45pm. Any tips for vertical parking? I still not sure of my turning point.

Park closer to the center of the road.

Turn when you see the kerb meet the rear 'triangle' passenger side window

Vertical parking is like driving a forklift.

Go play this game:
Drivers Ed Online Game - Drivers' Ed games
Select the practice and select parking in a parking space

Try doing reverse parking with your car close to the center of the road and not so close to the center of the road.

You will realise that if you position your car closer to the kerb, you will need to turn earlier.
If you position your car further away from the kerb, you can turn a bit later.

Thus where you position your car before parking will affect the turning point.

My advise will be to park a little further away from the kerb. So even if you turn earlier, what will happen is your left rear wheel is closer to the kerb, and you can correct the steering(by not turning so much to the left) while you are closing into the parking lot. Can take a glance at your side mirrors to gauge if you are hitting the kerb or not, but rmb to look around your vehicle as well for safety checks

I find this easier than turning too late and cause your right rear wheel to be closer to the kerb, as in this scenario you need to go forward and reverse back in again.

Last edited:

philipsdell

Reaction score
Hi, here to share my experience. I got to know Anthony from ledriving. I've had 4 lessons with him and he has never stayed awake in any one of them.

I even changed timing from morning to afternoon hoping he would not sleep.

I think it's ridiculous that we pay so much for him to sleep during lesson. He doesn't tell you where to turn as he is always sleeping. You have to wake him up.

$45 for him to sleep is ******** regardless of first few lesson.

Please be careful not to get this guy.

Anthony Tan
Toyota Vios
Car Plate : 962A
Referred by LeDrivingSG

have you found a new one already??

joeidle1

Reaction score
Anyone engaged Mr NG LAI HUAT as your instructor before? Can share your review? Planning to engage him as my PDI.

Tudo88

Reaction score
Any good driving instructor in the west and at a cheap/normal rate?Can pm me,thanks!

Ledrivinginstructorssg

Reaction score
Dear Deepvk,

We are sorry to hear that Mr Anthony has been dozing off so much during lessons.
Thanks for the feedback, our company will take the necessary actions with Mr Anthony.

Meanwhile could you kindly contact us so that we could do a switch of instructor for you. Your learning experience shouldn't be compromised. We will continue to do our best.

Thanks for your kind understanding. We look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,
Le Driving Instructors.

royalmage

Reaction score
Hi guys I am having my TP test test two weeks later (26 march) at 2.45pm. Any tips for vertical parking? I still not sure of my turning point.

if to give technique online is kinda hard but for me i advise u to just turn early cos u can adjust when u are too near the curb, and do not be afraid to make adjustments. If u think u almost want hit curb just move forward and adjust. i just had my tp and i needed to adjust 2 times before going in the parking lot haha.

rmb dont be kan chiong, just do your best.

good luck =)

bluexox

Reaction score
Managed to pass my TP at BBDC yest :p

For those looking for PDI in the west / BBDC, manual, Honda City, can try my instructor, Mr Tay.

limywl

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good PDI that teaches at CDC?

I'm looking for one that can teach well, has pick-up/drop-off and and reasonable rates. It's okay if he scolds, but must cannot be falling asleep when he's supposed to teach.

I stay in the Serangoon area.

PM me if you have any good contracts thanks!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.