HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

Like Tree287Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #616

hi... has any1 engaged Mr.Ong (if i didn't remmeber wrongly) before??
http://forums.keeptouch.net/archive/...p/t-52157.html

anyway... i'm looking for a class 3 manual instructor..
prefer to meet at bukit batok mrt or at my house which is at bukit batok too...

any intro?
If any1 has lessons with mr.ong as per mentioned above, mind give some review?
I prefer instructor who DON'T sleep, give name, or ass attitude...

kindly advise ya... nice, patience instructor highly welcome to intro..

thanks a lot..
J.M.FireZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #617
Arch-Supremacy Member

dont engage with william, 90215833. he teach manual, pick at yck, registered in ubi. very dishonest. he will cheat your money. wont let u pass, will keep u as a student forever.
if u are not stable enough... how u pass? beside pass or not depend on you stable or not and the TP and not him
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #618

which mr ong r u all referring abt? i'm considering mr ong as my pte instructor as i'm taking auto at bbdc.
This Mr Ong is from Regent Driving Centre. His contact is 98587573. leonard90 said his gf said that Mr Ong is good. lol. I can't vouch for him though.

Hi all, have anyone took lessons with Mr Neo (xxxx7207) @ BBDC? Got super fed up with this guy during my second lesson. BTW, how long did you guys take to master the clutch? Its only my 2nd lesson and he scolded me all the way. Called me names summore. Then halfway into the lesson, he decided to "give up" on me. Tell me I can do wtever I want for the rest of the lesson, cos "I teach u wt u also dun listen". So I ok lo. I drive myself around Gombak. Din crash or stall e car at all cos he kept quiet all the way so i can drive in peace. (First half he kept shouting so I stalled like 3 times). Mastered turning the car by recalling wt my bf taught me over e weekend. So tts the crap I got from this instructor. Ready to ditch him anytime. BTW he still got the cheek to ask me when I wan my next lesson.. @!$#%#$%

Having said that, any patient manual instructor @ BBDC to recommend? BTW scold pple nvm, but at least must tell pple wt is the right way to do it right... And most imptly, no calling of names pls.. Who does he tink he is! I'm paying for e lesson ok..

Thanks guys.
Looking for Class 3 Manual private instructors ard bbdc! thanks =D
hi... has any1 engaged Mr.Ong (if i didn't remmeber wrongly) before??
http://forums.keeptouch.net/archive/...p/t-52157.html

anyway... i'm looking for a class 3 manual instructor..
prefer to meet at bukit batok mrt or at my house which is at bukit batok too...

any intro?
If any1 has lessons with mr.ong as per mentioned above, mind give some review?
I prefer instructor who DON'T sleep, give name, or ass attitude...

kindly advise ya... nice, patience instructor highly welcome to intro..

thanks a lot..
busy_listening, spiritualjoy and J.M.FireZ, refer to this post Reliable Private Driving Instructor? for my recommendation.

Hi guys,

I'm here to gladly recommend my private driving instructor to you guys. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I enrolled with Regent Driving Centre, and one of the instructors I got (and stuck with), was Mr Yeo.

He's a damn patient instructor, and is a very reasonable man. He doesn't scold or nag, but he points out my errors and has a conversation with me about it. Some instructors only see things from their point of view, but Mr Yeo tries to see things from the students' perspectives as well, and goes out of his way to help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

For all that, and for the fact that I just passed my driving test just now on my first attempt, I will gladly recommend to you to learn from Mr Yeo.

Meeting point is at Bukit Gombak MRT station, and the test centre is at BBDC. The car is a manual transmission Honda City. His handphone number is 81833232. If he asks you to call Regent Driving Centre to book appointments (I started out this way), then go ahead and call the guy in charge, Mr Ong at 98587573, but specify that you want to learn from Mr Yeo.

Now go give Mr Yeo a call and tell him Zul sent ya.

All the best, guys!

Edit : Have to thank leonard90 as well, for recommending me to call Mr Ong, even though I didn't learn from him in the end. Thanks leonard90!
I hope you have ditched that instructor, busy_listening! Sounds very effed up!

Last edited by zuldevil; 22-06-2010 at 08:59 AM..
zuldevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #619

i took my tp last tuesday and failed with 24 points. 6 points are my own mistakes, the other 18 I can say its caused by my instructor. He never teach me to check blind spot while parking, to on signal light while parking, NEVER teach me or MENTION anything about e-Brake, always grumbling that I never go for enough lessons before taking TP. its hard to book a time with this instructor. each time i call, its either he dont pick up, or that he says he will call me back blah blah blah and he NEVER did.

He never teach me about blind spots most probably he very very gan jeong his own car, he said my top priority is to make sure i don't mount or touch kerb while parking. kpkb when i look at the rear view mirror to confirm safety, "don't look there lah!" when i pull up the hand brake he kp me for pulling it too hard and will damage his precious car. never ever mentioned anyting abt e-brake prob becos doing e-brake will depreciate his brake. the tp told me that its no use if i could get thru the circuit and everything if i dont take care of safety. he said i fared extremely bad during the directional change which i only look at the right view mirror (as taught by my instructor). and oh ya! and he only taught me how to move off from uphill ONE DAY BEFORE MY TP. and refuses to let me practise more. end up the 2nd time I did it was during the warm-up in the circuit and third time was during the TP itself. Can't help but think that his absent-mindedness is a result of his drinking habits (see below). and 2 days before the TP he got into an accident end up I had to drive some old car from his insurance company, where the brake is unresponsive, hard to engage gear and the half-clutch point is alot higher, more like 3/4 clutch pt. and on the day of TP itself it was raining so so heavily. like telling me that everything is well set up for my perfect failure haha.

anyway i only know this instructor as Mr Lim, always meet and drop off at chinese garden mrt station. 66 years old, he's quite tanned and thin, driving a grey mitsubishi lancer. the worst thing is he drinks alcohol EVERYDAY, EVEN WHILE TEACHING. there were many instances where he made me stop by some coffeeshop so he could go get some alcohol in before continuing. now i dunno whether I shud continue taking lessons under him or change an instructor. cos now i know my main problems are my blind spots and the tester said while he could not pass me, there was actually nothing fundamentally wrong abt my driving skills and techniques. how? any suggestions whether i shud continue under him?
I don't think you even need to ask! Run and never turn back! And please report him to the police. Crazy, sia.
Old 22-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #620

This Mr Ong is from Regent Driving Centre. His contact is 98587573. leonard90 said his gf said that Mr Ong is good. lol. I can't vouch for him though.

busy_listening, spiritualjoy and J.M.FireZ, refer to this post Reliable Private Driving Instructor? for my recommendation.

I hope you have ditched that instructor, busy_listening! Sounds very effed up!
yo bro..thz for e intro...just sms-ed him..
hopefully he does pick up at bukit batok mrt...
thanks a lot!
Old 22-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #621

btw..any intro for gd reliable instructor picking up at bukit batok mrt?
Do not wish to incur further cost on traveling leh..

thanks in advance for suggestion ya..
Old 22-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #622

if u are not stable enough... how u pass? beside pass or not depend on you stable or not and the TP and not him
doesnt matter what you say. you dont know what im dealing with. its not about the driving skills, but about the honesty.
hellohello777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #623

yo bro..thz for e intro...just sms-ed him..
hopefully he does pick up at bukit batok mrt...
thanks a lot!
Aiyoh, Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok not that far leh. lol.
Old 23-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #624

thats good

Last edited by dunstalkme; 28-07-2011 at 06:37 PM..
dunstalkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #625

i took my tp last tuesday and failed with 24 points. 6 points are my own mistakes, the other 18 I can say its caused by my instructor. He never teach me to check blind spot while parking, to on signal light while parking, NEVER teach me or MENTION anything about e-Brake, always grumbling that I never go for enough lessons before taking TP. its hard to book a time with this instructor. each time i call, its either he dont pick up, or that he says he will call me back blah blah blah and he NEVER did.

He never teach me about blind spots most probably he very very gan jeong his own car, he said my top priority is to make sure i don't mount or touch kerb while parking. kpkb when i look at the rear view mirror to confirm safety, "don't look there lah!" when i pull up the hand brake he kp me for pulling it too hard and will damage his precious car. never ever mentioned anyting abt e-brake prob becos doing e-brake will depreciate his brake. the tp told me that its no use if i could get thru the circuit and everything if i dont take care of safety. he said i fared extremely bad during the directional change which i only look at the right view mirror (as taught by my instructor). and oh ya! and he only taught me how to move off from uphill ONE DAY BEFORE MY TP. and refuses to let me practise more. end up the 2nd time I did it was during the warm-up in the circuit and third time was during the TP itself. Can't help but think that his absent-mindedness is a result of his drinking habits (see below). and 2 days before the TP he got into an accident end up I had to drive some old car from his insurance company, where the brake is unresponsive, hard to engage gear and the half-clutch point is alot higher, more like 3/4 clutch pt. and on the day of TP itself it was raining so so heavily. like telling me that everything is well set up for my perfect failure haha.

anyway i only know this instructor as Mr Lim, always meet and drop off at chinese garden mrt station. 66 years old, he's quite tanned and thin, driving a grey mitsubishi lancer. the worst thing is he drinks alcohol EVERYDAY, EVEN WHILE TEACHING. there were many instances where he made me stop by some coffeeshop so he could go get some alcohol in before continuing. now i dunno whether I shud continue taking lessons under him or change an instructor. cos now i know my main problems are my blind spots and the tester said while he could not pass me, there was actually nothing fundamentally wrong abt my driving skills and techniques. how? any suggestions whether i shud continue under him?

LOL sounds like my ex-instructor, pls do change! I was dumb enough to change like after 2 times of tries already. Then i gave up
dunstalkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #626

I just passed my driving today! Under this instructor Mr Cai! his passing rate is quite high and i think he teaches very well! He used the textbook and points out my mistake very accurately. He is also very patient and not talkative like other instructor who craps and complain alot. Plus, this is the first time I'm taught under him and i passed!

My previous instructor was a total crap! He didn't even teach me correctly and thus causing me to fail a few times! Until I read a forum recommendation on this instructor and I decided to call him to fix an appointment. Seriously he's very good!

you're interested please pm me! he teaches at bbdc and pick up point is at bukit gombak mrt.

Btw he teaches for one hour per session, unlike my past instructor 1.5hrs is simply too draggy and waste of time circling the stupid route. It's $26 per hr and he has his own private circuit so it's good
hihi may i have his contact number please thanks =)
or u may email me at sally_buta@hotmail.com
Thanks!
yllas1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #627

I just passed my driving today! Under this instructor Mr Cai! his passing rate is quite high and i think he teaches very well! He used the textbook and points out my mistake very accurately. He is also very patient and not talkative like other instructor who craps and complain alot. Plus, this is the first time I'm taught under him and i passed!

My previous instructor was a total crap! He didn't even teach me correctly and thus causing me to fail a few times! Until I read a forum recommendation on this instructor and I decided to call him to fix an appointment. Seriously he's very good!

you're interested please pm me! he teaches at bbdc and pick up point is at bukit gombak mrt.

Btw he teaches for one hour per session, unlike my past instructor 1.5hrs is simply too draggy and waste of time circling the stupid route. It's $26 per hr and he has his own private circuit so it's good
haha thanks everyone for your suggestion. i've decided to heed your advices and change instructor. i just PMed you for ur instructor's contact...thanks in advance. cheers!
ilovemyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #628

Hi,

For those who want to learn class 3, can contact Mr Tan @ 96445226. He is a very good instructor who is friendly, yet will point to your mistakes and correct them.
I was taught by him and pass in 1st attempt.
Kinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #629

Hi may i know his ride is auto or manual. Can provide his number?
Old 24-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #630

Hi guys,

I am looking for manual instructor. I'm staying at Bedok reservoir. So is in the middle of Bedok and Tampines. Haha, got any good good instructor to recommend?
DestinyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.