Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

Like Tree284Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #1381

this is normal
u first time learn driving?
u mean you take leaves for all your circuit training?

why must take leave, since circuit available mon-sun, morning till night?
honeyb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #1382
Supremacy Member

Paying $50 dollar as registration fee is common and normal. What's with the hoo Haa?

Not booking tp until your stable is another common thing. Who will ever allow u book tp immediately u just started learning?

No brake pedal= not proper instructor? Some instructor don't wan install. They use Handbrake instead.

I dont understand the part where u need take leave. U mean u dun take leave when u learn driving too?

Geeeeee.. OMG. Recently i think my understanding is very bad I guess. Why I find all these normal while other feel overwhelmed huh? Lol
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #1383

what i mean is i need to take a leave from work just to learn in the circuit?
so it is normal to take leave from office to learn driving la?

i prefer to learn after work and saturday.
wondering who on earth take leave to learn driving, except for actual practical test la.
Paying $50 dollar as registration fee is common and normal. What's with the hoo Haa?

Not booking tp until your stable is another common thing. Who will ever allow u book tp immediately u just started learning?

No brake pedal= not proper instructor? Some instructor don't wan install. They use Handbrake instead.

I dont understand the part where u need take leave. U mean u dun take leave when u learn driving too?

Geeeeee.. OMG. Recently i think my understanding is very bad I guess. Why I find all these normal while other feel overwhelmed huh? Lol
Old 27-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #1384
Arch-Supremacy Member

u mean you take leaves for all your circuit training?

why must take leave, since circuit available mon-sun, morning till night?
i cant remember did i take leave or not
but theres a timing for circuit booking
maybe diff school have diff circuit booking timing
this one u check with the school better

$50 registration fee is common for PDI
as for TP booking, i booked myself when i go apply for my PDL
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #1385

i cant remember did i take leave or not
but theres a timing for circuit booking
maybe diff school have diff circuit booking timing
this one u check with the school better

$50 registration fee is common for PDI
as for TP booking, i booked myself when i go apply for my PDL
i tried to book my TP online, but i need to provide my instructor NRIC, so cannot book the TP yet.

when u book TP no need ur PDI NRIC?
Old 27-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #1386
Arch-Supremacy Member

i tried to book my TP online, but i need to provide my instructor NRIC, so cannot book the TP yet.

when u book TP no need ur PDI NRIC?
u sure can book online?
i never try before tho

ya need PDI NRIC number
when i book my TP, the counter staff ask for my PDL and IC as well
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #1387
Supremacy Member

what i mean is i need to take a leave from work just to learn in the circuit?
so it is normal to take leave from office to learn driving la?

i prefer to learn after work and saturday.
wondering who on earth take leave to learn driving, except for actual practical test la.
Oh. Perhaps due to your driving instructor private sch learning only allow mon to Friday. There is sat and sun circuit which cost lesser and cheaper. But not sure what time it close

If u hard working enuff. Wake up early in the morning. Learn at 7am lesson.

I must say damn shiok. Dam less people in the circuit. Felt like a king driving around! Can keep practice more than usual.
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #1388

im having prob with my private instructor. his holding my PDL tooo! he is irresponsible idoitic man who didnt keep his promise as an instructor. didnt even bother to call me to update TP slot. i suspect his not a proper instructor coz his car doesnt have brake pedal at all!
So i decided to cancel my learning with him and arrange for meeting to get my PDL back. AGAIN HE PROMISED liesss (long story) didnt call up(the day he supposed to meet me) not until i call him. Instead he said "oh im on the way back, now then you call me to meet up at 12"
SERIOUSLY!. I tried to call up Traffic Police to make a report. they not helping at all sia.
It might be easier if you just apply for a new PDL, although it does cost another $25. Just state that you lost it, and get a new one. Don't feel obliged to learn from these instructors just because they are holding on to your PDL. Hell, do not let them keep your PDL in the first place! Lesson learned, yes?

http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/faq_dl.asp#no2
zuldevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #1389

I also scare of this kind of instructor, like pay them money to scold us and teach nothing.

Seems like Mr Chua is not bad, his passing rates quite high also.
Aright, i will try him. =)

Thanks for your recommendation. Btw, how much he charge for hours after 7pm?
Hi Pink_angel,

ya...his passing rate very high..the other one is Chua IM Hua...i have google search but unable to locate his HP number.

In the end my friend intro me to this instructor...also not bad..2nd highest passing rate amount all...

His rate is fix...no peak or non-peak....

As for the circuit, he told me before..it will be $22 or $24 if i not wrong..depend on day and timing...as for me...it will be $24 cos i attended on wkend...

Last edited by edwinteo; 27-09-2011 at 10:44 PM..
edwinteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #1390

Wait, what?

Your instructor does what to your PDL?! Take it the fu.ck back! -_-
haha...too late liao...but i heard some of my friend..their instructor also using the same tactic..all very jialat one...
Old 27-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #1391

im having prob with my private instructor. his holding my PDL tooo! he is irresponsible idoitic man who didnt keep his promise as an instructor. didnt even bother to call me to update TP slot. i suspect his not a proper instructor coz his car doesnt have brake pedal at all!
So i decided to cancel my learning with him and arrange for meeting to get my PDL back. AGAIN HE PROMISED liesss (long story) didnt call up(the day he supposed to meet me) not until i call him. Instead he said "oh im on the way back, now then you call me to meet up at 12"
SERIOUSLY!. I tried to call up Traffic Police to make a report. they not helping at all sia.
The same with my first instructor..no brake pedal...but i have check...it's ok one...

haha..let me guess...you must be learning in UBI right? Some uncle just wanna take $ cos they wanna retire soon...

Last edited by edwinteo; 27-09-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #1392

Hey, i just Passed BTT, and im intending to take private @ SSDC. After looking though the thread, is Mr CHUA TIAM HWEE 96523770, one of the better choices available? I intend to take my TP asap, probably below 20 lesson, does Mr Chua allow for early TP booking? Also, i have yet to book my FTT, can Mr Chua book FTT For me?
kevinkoh1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #1393

Hi Pink_angel,

ya...his passing rate very high..the other one is Chua IM Hua...i have google search but unable to locate his HP number.

In the end my friend intro me to this instructor...also not bad..2nd highest passing rate amount all...

His rate is fix...no peak or non-peak....

As for the circuit, he told me before..it will be $22 or $24 if i not wrong..depend on day and timing...as for me...it will be $24 cos i attended on wkend...
Hi edwinteo

I just passed my FTT last friday. So anxious to find a good instructor. haha. How about NG BENG CHOON? i saw from the traffic police web, his passing rate is like 66%, whih is quite high. U have any idea is he better than Mr Chua?
pink_angel6980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #1394

hey guys, wondering if you can help me.. im looking for good private driving instructor in woodlands.. any recommendation??
kiasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #1395

Please take note of this driving instructor:
NG BENG CHOON, He has a percentage on the TP site of:
NG BENG CHOON 29 16 55.17%

Before i even enrolled into his lessons, we agreeded on 3-4times a week lesson as long as i advance booking. I even told him i am rushing for my lessons and license as i will be giving birth soon so i will need lessons 3-4times a week. Once i comfirmed going to his lesson, i used his IC to book TP Date.

Despite me trying to advance book but he kept delaying, and refuse to let me advance book. The maximum i could book from him is 2times a week and most of the time once a week.In the end i always end up with those "weird" timings like 7am. NEVER MIND.

When i ask him last week when would i be learning parking as my dad was concerned on why i havent learn parking yet when my Traffic Police Test date is on 1 November. He flew into a rage and say i cant drive properly yet want to learn parking. Say my dad so celver ask him to teach me. I dont need to teach him how to teach. All these words are quoted word to word from him.

I wanted more lessons from him and he just tell me come weekday morning/noon. I told him its very hard for me to come weekday morning/noon as i have kids and i need someone to help me take care kids while i go for lessons. Then he said i also very hard because i have so many students. Im doing a business. Then i told him how about advance booking+ payment so if i put his aeroplane he can keep the amount. He refused.

So, my husband called him up and verify about early booking for my driving lessons. He replied that he gave two lessons a week, how is it not enough. Then he told him that as my TP is approaching, he was very angry and said that he didnt like my husband attitude when i can vouch that he talked nicely to him. And this instructor shouted at him over the phone saying I didnt even ask you to book your TP date.

And he then said he didnt like his attitude of talking to him when he talked to him nicely. And my husband was very angry and told him you are the boss but im the customer, i have the right to ask. Then he said, you are the customer so what? And said again i dont like your attitude, i very dulan*all these he said in teochew* . He even provoke my husband and me to go down where he is to "talk". He said this in teochew
"You dont talk to me like this, i very dulan, you come down now and talk".

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS GANGSTER LIKE INSTUCTOR, NG BENG CHOON,HP NUMBER 90085050, DRIVING BLACK HONDA CITI, CAR NUMBER s5050 . If you are like me seeing his percentage, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. BE PREPARED TO END UP LIKE ME.

Not Steady! Cant deliver what he promise! Im very sure that he dont even intend to let me go TP! NOW i`m screwed, My TP in 3 weeks and I HAVE TO FIND A NEW INSTRUCTOR!!

This instructor teaches in BBDC!
PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS GANGSTER LIKE INSTUCTOR, NG BENG CHOON,HP NUMBER 90085050, DRIVING BLACK HONDA CITI, CAR NUMBER s5050 . If you are like me seeing his percentage, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. BE PREPARED TO END UP LIKE ME.
snow_lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.