rental car 10k excess...

iphone88

Reaction score
If the repair cost is less than $10k, he just need to pay the repair cost? E.g.: $8k
Whichever is lower? Just pay $8k?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the repair cost is less than $10k, he just need to pay the repair cost? E.g.: $8k
Whichever is lower? Just pay $8k?
You forgetting the van also need repairs. The excess includes that of the van. The damage see already you know confirm >10K for both parties, that's why TS needs to shoulder it fully.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10K is really :s22:

Last time when i new bird time, the car sharing excess is 5k.

5k is already a crazy amount

thomas00

Master Member
Reaction score
My excess was $15000. Rented the car when I first passed my tp. Thankfully never met with accident.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am quite sure e repair costs for both cars will exceed $10k. anyway everyone makes mistakes in life, maybe next time just check on e meaning of excess before you sign on paper

Cryptology

Master Member
Reaction score
Pay excess def cheaper

I see the Lancer maybe $10k liao. Somemore the van?

Lancer scrap value $5-6k nia, only if include van damage then got 10k.

Must investigate the rental coy's insurance policy, whether the 10k excess is true or they just put it in rental contract. Any unreasonable terms in the contract, even if signed, can still be voided if take up to court. Depending on judge.

greddy88

Reaction score
Everyone has been young and naive before.
For the rest, take this a learning lesson and ask around experienced people before signing any document.

tutukueh

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree, all I want was to do something I like, to earn more money to support my family, and instead I kena accident and need to pay more than I can earn, with my Father heart condition, he can't work Long hours and thus lesser money. So their savings is not much. Sorry if it affect you. But I really need this money
Sorry to sound cruel. But a lot of ah Bengs spin this story. You gekiang wanna rent car.. now kena this better man up and not resort to crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is for those with v dire situations, usually medical related. Ur case sounds more kiam pa than anything else.

Go speak to ur OC when u enlist. You shouldn't get the public to wipe ur butt for u

tutukueh

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry didnt know e background. I will recommend u to share e full reason for e crowdfund and also e family bkground..why u doing this why you need e money etc..so ppl may show more empathy

Otherwise ppl may think its some young punks who want to own a car without financial means and expect public to bail them out when e unfortunate happens..this will not be a compelling case
And you seriously believe that? When I was in NS I got beng mates with angkong go MO and cry say their sad story to get MC and leaves.. end up Facebook updates go orchard Pak billard or club. These typical beng stories are dime a dozen.

sanchin

Reaction score
TS pls check tnc again, rental mostly for personal use. You go write running courier service may kena even worst if insurer decided to void, meaning not just 10K excess. If repair $20k and insurance void due to tnc not allow to do commercial service such as deliveries, you gonna pay $20k. The rental co got such high excess usually bght the cheapest option, unlike those rental co for uber/grab which pay higher premium can do commercial services. Good luck on your fund raising...

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
And you seriously believe that? When I was in NS I got beng mates with angkong go MO and cry say their sad story to get MC and leaves.. end up Facebook updates go orchard Pak billard or club. These typical beng stories are dime a dozen.

like that got tio charged bo?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

give him benefit of doubt mah, he already has to fork out 10k, no need to be so harsh

ladiesman217

Master Member
Reaction score
What a joke. Crowdfunding to pay for an accident which was due to your negligence?

Ppl do crowdfunding for something meaningful or charitable...or dire medical circumstances etc. As for you??? Got hands got legs got study..... Win liao lor like that any tom dick or harry can just crowdfund. I also want people to crowdfund a new car for me loh. Not because i cant afford it, but just for the fun of it

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Front Door needs to change - no beat back, inside out all gone
Back Door needs patching
Fender
Bumper
Axle/Suspension
Engine
Bonnet

I think 10K is reasonable, if it includes covering the Van's repairs. I mean the repair cost. The excess is still sky high though. You should have added on $55 for $6,000 excess. At least I would take that option.

Rental coy probably will just write-off, looking at the amount of work to be done.
If add 55$ for $6,000 excess, he can find way better rates elsewhere rather than sticking to this rental coy. :s13: Exceed $5,000 for 1600cc< cars is just too much.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading, the accident is caused by your fault. Young driver don't kan Cheong, always signal and check blind spot, wait before turning. Now it is a lesson for you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.