Share your experience at C&C!

DRbeebeebeejay

Master Member
Reaction score
They friendlier at their roadshows? During their last roadshow at vivo I just browsing around slamming car doors then this old salesman came to me and explained their promo quite enthusiastically even after me telling him my lousy car trade in value.

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They one look will know whether u will likely buy or just there to test drive and ask price etc...put it bluntly they know u won't sign on that day and so he just give half f service...u don't buy from him there will still be others to buy and partly also bcos Long waiting time...no incentive for him to push the sale through immediately also...he won't get his comms right away too. They are not like other brand salesman who will seem to "beg" or be hungry for the sale...sad to say.

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
I won't buy from a car salesmen who barely know what he's selling. I'd prefer if the salesman knows more than me. I'd suggest you speak to the sales managers and request a change in SE.

Optionstrader

Banned
Reaction score
anyway im friends with some of the car dealers i know, ultimately its doing a business, also dealers are quite busy, a person of course cannot keep test driving, its quite easy to spot a serious buyer

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with low self esteem would think its ok to be treated like turd because they are poorer? Regardless yr uncle on street or high flying banker same respect should be given. Wats wrong with society nowadays.

They wear nice coat and say hello to you for no reason? Even you walk in a atas restaurant and order a drink also deserve equal treatment right?
Even I'm buying a car but no intention to get a Mercedes, he should show an atas service so that we are entice to purchase right? A $200,000 vehicle is cheap? So sorry, I din know everyone so rich around here.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
most serious buyers will know the model he is going to buy inside out much more better than the SE.

Darshu

Reaction score
from the conversation its obvious at TS has not decided between c180 and c200

Yup apparently you are correct, which I need to test drive. I just need concrete information before I sign the dotted line. Which also means either way I'm buying Mercedes.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any customer who walks into a retail space is a prospective customer. Thus, it is the duty of sales persons to engage and convince prospective customers into genuine buyers, instead of giving them the cold shoulders or chasing them away to competitors.

Customers who do not buy on the first day does not necessarily mean they won't buy on another day. This is the pitfall inexperienced sales persons make - they destroy rather than build bridges.

Darshu

Reaction score
most serious buyers will know the model he is going to buy inside out much more better than the SE.

Ya, trying to get to noe much better. Which I assume the SE can speed up the process by telling me in more details when I already prepared with questions.
I noe I'm gona buy the C class. His attitude and service is just a turn off.

When the sales quality of the brand is not there, one will assume the after service to be pretty bad as well. I'm those who like to have each of my penny worth and not just throw the damn cash and go, even if we are rich. Its just the way different people work.

If in any case, lets say ALL Mercedes SE is that bad, I will rather switch to another competitor brands because I prefer to happily purchase a car and wait for it to arrive, knowing what to expect THAN being too upset and not knowing what to expect.

Last edited:

Darshu

Reaction score
Any customer who walks into a retail space is a prospective customer. Thus, it is the duty of sales persons to engage and convince prospective customers into genuine buyers, instead of giving them the cold shoulders or chasing them away to competitors.

Customers who do not buy on the first day does not necessarily mean they won't buy on another day. This is the pitfall inexperienced sales persons make - they destroy rather than build bridges.

Thumbs up bro! :)

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Ya, trying to get to noe much better. Which I assume the SE can speed up the process by telling me in more details when I already prepared with questions.

When the sales quality of the brand is not there, one will assume the after service to be pretty bad as well. I'm those who like to have each of my penny worth and not just throw the damn cash and go, even if we are rich. Its just the way different people work.

If in any case, lets say ALL Mercedes SE is that bad, I will rather switch to another competitor brands because I prefer to happily purchase a car and wait for it to arrive, knowing what to expect THAN being too upset and not knowing what to expect.

So now are you still buying your Merc? Given the terrible experience still die die must buy Merc or buy other brands?

What about buying from Parallel Importers? :s11:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

200k for a entry level merc not worth it leh.
Why not consider the s4 or s5?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7k difference not 7k trade in.

Dun be too quick to judge.

Guess so. And don't be fooled by sales person. Sometime, higher trade in (over trade) also means higher price on new car. Car dealer use this trick so you can take a higher loan (and hence paying more interest) due to MAS ruling.

So if you jump in without a 2nd though. You get fished!

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya apparently he is wasting time

I won't buy from a car salesmen who barely know what he's selling. I'd prefer if the salesman knows more than me. I'd suggest you speak to the sales managers and request a change in SE.

You buy car or buy the salesman ? :s11::s11::s11::s11:
Normally people read up all the specs online before go down.
Not happy don't buy loh. The brand itself no need hard sale to anyone.
It will sell itself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.