Should I renew my coe

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thank you all for your inputs.
After much considerations, i have decided to renew my beautiful and trustee MPV.
Below are my thoughts.
my stream is running fine for now, most major parts have been replace except for the engine n gearbox. Should be fine for the next few yrs. But I will still set aside 5k for repairs.
I still find a Mpv useful to occasionally ferry my parents n kids around.
If i would to get a new wish, i would need to loan another 50k plus.
Perhaps i can set aside $800 aside for 5 yrs and save up, will accumulate 50k by then . And if the car fails me by the 5th year, i would have 75k to get me another decent ride.
The current depr of 6.2k sounds resonable for me to own a japanese mpv, higher road tax has been offset by the insurance. I am going for comprehensive btw.
With the above said, hope i have made a right choice.

Good that you made this decision. Stream and wish, both are reliable rides and low maintenance. I had frds whom own these rides and did not have any headaches.
Best of all, repairs and spare parts are easily available both in sg and jb. :s13:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here ...
If buy new car, perhaps need about 85k to 100k ...
If renew, Cat A price now is 41,993 for cat A ...

Perhaps would wait for next round of COE results to come out, if is less than 46,778, then the pqp for cat A would be lowered ... Since the highest during the last 6 rounds of bidding results is $46,778 ...

If renew also not sure 5 yrs or 10 yrs ...
If 5 yrs, then after that really say bb to the car already ...

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you like your car very much just renew 10 years.

same here ...

Perhaps would wait for next round of COE results to come out, if is less than 46,778, then the pqp for cat A would be lowered ... Since the highest during the last 6 rounds of bidding results is $46,778 ...

wiwi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here ...

if car gives alot of problem after renew, no need 5yrs also bb to the car already isnt it

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if car gives alot of problem after renew, no need 5yrs also bb to the car already isnt it

haha that's the issue ... thats why headache ...
coe ending soon ... have to faster make decision before new year ...

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that is will be given back to you prorata. But you can call LTA to ask.

If renew 10 yrs , then halfway want to change car ...
The remaining coe would be pro-rated and give back to you ?
or would be forfeited?

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If renew 10 yrs , then halfway want to change car ...
The remaining coe would be pro-rated and give back to you ?
or would be forfeited?
Remaining COE will be pro-rated.

Noted that once renewed, your parf will be forfeited(be it renewed 5 or 10 years).

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why it is better to renew 10-yrs. If it a reliable car, there will still be takers at 15-yo.

Remaining COE will be pro-rated.

Noted that once renewed, your parf will be forfeited(be it renewed 5 or 10 years).

Jork1977

Reaction score
3rd party insurance cover only when other people is claiming against you but you won't be able to cover for your own car insurance.

zeppelin

Reaction score
Yes go for comprehensive insurance, you'll never know when you will need it because while we're on the road accident can happen anytime and comprehensive can cover if you're in trouble.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.