sonata vs mazda6 vs camry

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, Altis is a pretty decent car

I've sat in many new Altis uber or grab.

It's a smooth and quiet car, and decently powerful enough. Very spacious also for its class. Altis is well known for its reliability, cheap servicing and good FC. Made in Thailand models are not any worse from made in japan models, as I believe the Japan quality today is very different from the Japan quality 20-30 years ago. Focused on mass production, cost savings etc

Only draw back is the price. If Altis is priced at say 88-90k, I believe it will likely wipe out a lot of its competitors like k3, Elantra, mz3 etc. At 103,988 now, come on la, it's far from being attractive.

But Altis still has a strong market share despite the price. I have many colleagues who still prefer to pay a premium to get the Altis over say K3 Elantra or mz3.

Fully agreed. Even the car claimed to be made in Japan. Parts are from many area anyway.

Last edited:

spurman

Reaction score
First world but not so rich man problem :s13:
Why i don't see people here complaining their previous gen bmw or merc isn't made in Germany.

The very same reason why I wouldn't expect any sensible feedbacks on more expensive cars(~150k+) at this forum.
The reality is most people who surfs this forum is those who are only willing to set approximately at most 120k budget for cars. With limited budget, reliability and low maintenance cost in mind, they'll only look for value for money(cheapest with maximum features) then simply omit the continental cars in similar price range and bash them.

Ai yo for mid sized sedans 4.8mtrs long. At least 1.84mtr wide cars... theres a few options imclude some contis but then again honestly these contis prob not popular.

1. Ford mondeo.... prob still lose on reliability
2. Opel simi liao.... reliability issue still. In ossie they call this holden and many in aussie say its **** car.
3. Passat.... reliability issue once again..
4. Teana
5. The 3 mentioned lor
6 kia k5.

Anyway reliabilty issues for the 3 conti mentioned are also prob based on 50percent hear say and some good truth behind.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Ai yo for mid sized sedans 4.8mtrs long. At least 1.84mtr wide cars... theres a few options imclude some contis but then again honestly these contis prob not popular.

1. Ford mondeo.... prob still lose on reliability
2. Opel simi liao.... reliability issue still. In ossie they call this holden and many in aussie say its **** car.
3. Passat.... reliability issue once again..
4. Teana
5. The 3 mentioned lor
6 kia k5.

Anyway reliabilty issues for the 3 conti mentioned are also prob based on 50percent hear say and some good truth behind.

Imo,every brands come with its share of problem. The highly thought to be reliable mercedes isn't spared either.
GTR dct can fail also but you don't see people complaining about it here because these owners don't bother about it. They simply get it fixed or upgrade to a better system.

It's just the budget conscious and value-for-money mindset individual which forms the majority here blows the problem out of proportion.

Anyway,i thought those who always spoil their dsg/dct should just go back to conventional torque converter :s22:
They don't really spoil without any symptoms or warning. Chances are their legs isn't suitable for automatic clutches or they need to go for lesson how to drive them.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg..

Maybe I change my question to let u understand.
Why u dont buy vios?

No use. You already use improvement instead of options/feature.

Buy Vios? Vios rear passenger area bigger than Mazda 3?

spurman

Reaction score
Imo,every brands come with its share of problem. The highly thought to be reliable mercedes isn't spared either.
GTR dct can fail also but you don't see people complaining about it here because these owners don't bother about it. They simply get it fixed or upgrade to a better system.

It's just the budget conscious and value-for-money mindset individual which forms the majority here blows the problem out of proportion.

Anyway,i thought those who always spoil their dsg/dct should just go back to conventional torque converter :s22:
They don't really spoil without any symptoms or warning. Chances are their legs isn't suitable for automatic clutches or they need to go for lesson how to drive them.

Am banding on this mid sized sedan catageory...

Of coz some may prefer to use this monies which could buy say accord. Teana on a mercedes b class... badge over size thingy.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No use. You already use improvement instead of options/feature.

Buy Vios? Vios rear passenger area bigger than Mazda 3?

Yes, especially head room. Mazda 3 most likely not fit for tall person at the rear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.