HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Speed Camera Flash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

83km/h (after adjusting for speedo inaccuracy) and I got flashed. But no letter. It's quite fun actually. I've set it off multiple times. Who the hell thought 80km/h on a 6-lane highway makes sense?
Lol that cam always flash de
Many ppl kena

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #17

I like seeing people behind me jam brake after they see that I got flashed. Why flash though when it doesn't reach the threshold for sending letters? I wonder what the actual tolerance is.
nfshp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
Master Member

I like seeing people behind me jam brake after they see that I got flashed. Why flash though when it doesn't reach the threshold for sending letters? I wonder what the actual tolerance is.
Yeah saw before. Jam and behind crash in, at traffic light.

Double pwnage.

Please drive safe.
New Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #19

That's why there's research showing that red light cameras/speed cameras actually increase the occurrence of accidents.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #20
Senior Moderator

That's why there's research showing that red light cameras/speed cameras actually increase the occurrence of accidents.
I agree, many drivers slow down suddenly at speed cameras on highways causing annoyance and danger to the vehicles behind. Some slow down to speeds like 70kmh when the limit is 90kmh.
Old 21-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #21

Exactly, everyday at that speed camera I get annoyed because some people slow down to 65km/h and they take forever to get back up to speed. 1st lane hoggers...
Old 21-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

Dun go first lane lol

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT
ZhuTou! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #23

Wah, i was chionging at night ma, i also don't know which highway i hit alrdy. And i seldom use those 2 highways so don't know speed limit. Don't flame me la.

Anyway happy cny guys, thanks for the replies. I was flashed in the butt. My lane only got van in front of me, behind very far away. Hopefully is opposite lane cause more cars there.
Old 29-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #24
Master Member

Me on TPE always drive at 80...Max 85...Young boy scared to speed later kena flash...Max 90 there unless got road works
lidocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 10:23 PM   #25
Master Member

Wah, i was chionging at night ma, i also don't know which highway i hit alrdy. And i seldom use those 2 highways so don't know speed limit. Don't flame me la.

Anyway happy cny guys, thanks for the replies. I was flashed in the butt. My lane only got van in front of me, behind very far away. Hopefully is opposite lane cause more cars there.
Any love letter?
lidocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #26
Master Member

Actually the best way to regulate and maintain smooth traffic speed before the speed camera is to increase to 110km/hr on the 90km/hr road. So that kuku drivers still able to drive normally to 90km/hr once they drive past the camera.
nomoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #27

Best way to avoid speeding fines is to use Waze, or not speed. The latter's boring but safe
Old 30-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #28

But i was honestly below the speed limit

Wah guys, i also just thiok, it was the camera on SLE in-between Woodlands Ave 12 and Upper Thomson .. i was driving 80-84KM/h and the flash set of. I normally go below 80km/h, this time swayed a little over 80km/h. Clearly many signs showing 90Km/h speed limit along this stretch. Cant be so sway right, Is it normally a warning?a fine?how many points?

But its quite outrageous as i am below the 90km/h speed limit and yet got flashed. And i straight rush back to search this situation on HardwareZone and stumbled upon this forum.
nasho77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #29
Master Member

Wah guys, i also just thiok, it was the camera on SLE in-between Woodlands Ave 12 and Upper Thomson .. i was driving 80-84KM/h and the flash set of. I normally go below 80km/h, this time swayed a little over 80km/h. Clearly many signs showing 90Km/h speed limit along this stretch. Cant be so sway right, Is it normally a warning?a fine?how many points?

But its quite outrageous as i am below the 90km/h speed limit and yet got flashed. And i straight rush back to search this situation on HardwareZone and stumbled upon this forum.
I drove past there yesterday and tio flashed as well. I was sure i was below speed limit. My conscience is clear and have trust that govt will not send me love letter. :p
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #30
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Yesterday ubering one golf also damn hiong poke my butt, then try over take from left... see SLE camera suddenly brake to 70 nia, while I 85 over take him...

Seriously?

Let's not talk about the Civic on BKE as well
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.