Taxi Driver Lip Lai

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TP fixing up speedcam on OHB at Nichol highway in direction of Shaw House towards Stadium. Do be careful. Speed limit is 70kmh, no more snipers.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taxi association to raise concerns to ComfortDelGro over new booking levy

SINGAPORE - Singapore's biggest taxi operator is changing how much it takes from cabbies for ride bookings, causing many to wonder how it will impact their earnings from next week.

Starting next Tuesday (Sept 25), ComfortDelGro cabbies will pay a levy of 3.9 per cent for each booking that costs over $12, and no levy for bookings that are under $12.

Currently, they pay the taxi operator $0.30 per fare for off-peak bookings and $0.40 per fare for peak-hour bookings, while advanced bookings carry a levy of $1.

These levies are charged only for rides booked through ComfortDelGro's phone and mobile app booking systems.

By waiving the levy for jobs below $12, ComfortDelGro hopes to encourage cabbies to take on more jobs through its booking system, said spokesman Tammy Tan.

A letter sent to drivers, seen by The Straits Times, noted ComfortDelGro loses "thousands of bookings" daily because drivers do not take them.

If drivers accepted more of such jobs, commuters would have shorter waiting times, ComfortDelgro said yesterday in response to queries.

Ms Tan said cabbies would also receive greater weekly incentives the more booking jobs they complete.

Cabby Chua Hwee Keng said he did not expect much change in his takings with the new levy.

"It will depend on the kind of jobs I get," said the 56-year-old, adding about half of the booking jobs he takes are for fares below $12.

Others however were concerned the change would take a bigger bite out of their earnings.

Veteran cabby Haniff Mahbob said he was still studying what impact the revised levies would have on his income.

"The levies could be a lot higher than the $0.30 currently charged," said the 66-year-old, adding most of the fares he takes from booking jobs are priced above $12.

National Taxi Association (NTA) executive adviser Ang Hin Kee said he was " very disappointed" with the move by ComfortDelGro, adding he had spoken to cabbies about the change.

"Most said the number of trips they take from call bookings that are less than $12 are few and far between," said the Ang Mo Kio MP, noting drivers are concerned the company is profiting at their expense, as high taxi rentals and increasing fuel costs already take a significant chunk of their incomes.

The promised weekly incentives might also not make up for the loss in profits, he said, and such incentives could be temporary.

Mr Ang said the NTA would raise its concerns to ComfortDelGro, as well as the Land Transport Authority and the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore.

The change made by ComfortDelGro - the largest taxi operator here, with more than 12,000 cabs - mirrors a move made by Grab. In March, the ride-hailing firm increased the commission paid by cabbies using its JustGrab service to 12 per cent for fares priced $11 and above, and dropped it to 3 per cent for fares priced $10 and below.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ncerns-to-comfortdelgro-over-new-booking-levy

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up also like tat.
LL still need to peng.
No???

Beta than pte 20% water

Other positive traits of taxis: do not require child-restraint seats, the ability to street-hail, have exclusive use of taxi stands, etc.

ComfortDelgro
Share Price (S$) 2.350

Change (S$) +0.020

Total Volume 8,491,300

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VLkPcEFl.jpg

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to complain about a Transcab driver SHF691D who made a taxi ride a nightmare for my mother. She only asked if the driver was going in the right direction when he immediately became rude and drove her to the police station.

He did not stop his meter until the end of everything and forced my mother to pay for it. My mother just recovered from cancer and had to find alternative transport home in the wee hours.

I complained to Transcab and LTA but did not get reply. It may be a small matter to them but it was a nightmare for my mother!

How can he treat old people like this? Isn't he too much? Update: The pick up was at RWS not changi airport

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to complain about a Transcab driver SHF691D who made a taxi ride a nightmare for my mother. She only asked if the driver was going in the right direction when he immediately became rude and drove her to the police station.

He did not stop his meter until the end of everything and forced my mother to pay for it. My mother just recovered from cancer and had to find alternative transport home in the wee hours.

I complained to Transcab and LTA but did not get reply. It may be a small matter to them but it was a nightmare for my mother!

How can he treat old people like this? Isn't he too much? Update: The pick up was at RWS not changi airport

Negative words:
Transcab, complain, nightmare, police station, rude, forced, cancer, wee hours, old people, too much.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
75% affected are taxis. Are you one of them?

——-
744 Toyota Prius hybrid vehicles in Singapore affected by global recall over stalling issue

SINGAPORE - Toyota Motor Corp is recalling 744 Prius hybrid cars in Singapore, as part of its global recall of 2.4 million vehicles over a system issue that can lead to stalling.

In response to The Straits Times' queries, a spokesman for Borneo Motors (Singapore) - the sole distributor for Toyota here - said*the recall involved 744 Prius hybrid vehicles produced between October 2008 and November 2014.

Around 75 per cent of the affected vehicles are taxis.

In an earlier statement, Toyota said that in "rare situations", some vehicles could fail to switch to a "fail-safe" driving mode in the event of a fault in the hybrid system, which can lead to a loss of power and result in stalling.

The Borneo Motors spokesman said that once the latest software is available, it will update the software for all affected vehicles at no charge.

He said that Borneo Motors is in contact with the affected customers and commercial partners to begin fixing the issue, adding that based on the company's records, there have been no accidents in Singapore due to this fault.

"Customer safety and peace of mind is a top priority, and we are making the utmost effort to ensure a smooth and efficient rectification process."

The global recall also affects Prius a, Prius v, Prius + and Auris vehicles.

It comes a month after another worldwide recall involving more than one million vehicles due to the risk of fire. More than 4,000 Toyota Prius cars in Singapore were affected by that recall.

The Borneo Motors spokesman confirmed that there was no link between the two recalls.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...e-caught-in-global-recall-over-stalling-issue

FatNeko

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a 1 year contract with cdg. Rental at 119. something per day...new to this and hope can survive...119 sounds scary actually...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.