Things you need to know about car insurance

jedimast

Reaction score
anyone roughly know how much for a insurance comprehensive for

driver <21
p plate

2nd hand honda civic 1.6 ( 17 years old )
any idea as i do not have the car plate no.

maybe 6K and up...

young driver + p plate is super siong...

better put your parent name for the car..

purplezbabe

Reaction score
I have access to car insurance quotes.
Provide details & I'll be able to give at least 3 VERY competitive quotes and you can select the one of your choice.
Be it the brand or the CHEAPEST premium.
=)
PM me for faster response as I might not check the forum too often. Thanks.

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
May I know if I can buy the car using my name but driver naming my parents ?
Loan to be under me, Insurance named under parent.
Is it possible ?

ajax_84

Reaction score
Car registered under your name, while insurance is under your dad's. Yes iirc it's ok.

purplezbabe

Reaction score
Provide details & I'll be able to give at least 3 VERY competitive quotes and you can select the one of your choice.
=)
PM me with your EMAIL for faster response as I might not check the forum too often. Thanks.
(I will email you the quotation form)

jimmyf

Reaction score
Car registered under your name, while insurance is under your dad's. Yes iirc it's ok.

Hi, I have a old family car already registered under my father's name. Is it possible, as wat u quote to get the car registered under my name but put the insurance under my dad's name? Pls advise, thanks!!

ajax_84

Reaction score
Hi, I have a old family car already registered under my father's name. Is it possible, as wat u quote to get the car registered under my name but put the insurance under my dad's name? Pls advise, thanks!!

yes possible.

but you have to go to LTA website and find the link to 'transfer' the car, something like selling the car to another person.

Need to pay transfer fee, based on the brand and model of the car. My altis was $468, while merc E200 is $17xx. So it varies.

Take note as well, under the 'Number of transfers', it will be increased by 1. So in future if you wanna sell it, the value might drop abit cos it's considered 'third' or more 'hand' if you get what i mean =)

patlim74

Reaction score
hi all

i am about to renewal my car insurance and below are my *happening* Nov 2009 - Nov 2010
1/ P Plate...less then 1 year (Dec then 1 year)...i purchase the car without driving lic and my wife drove for the 1st few months.
(Got my Lic only Dec 2009)
2/ 1 accident June 2010....total amount claim is around $6100
3/ Normal car 1.4, usage home-office-home
4/ 1 named driver - wife (8 years driving experience without accident)

Presently quote given by the same insurance company are $2400.

Do you think i should waste time finding another??? or $2400 already god blessing liao?

boomjj

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am abt to renew car insurance. Need assistance

Scenario:
-1st Car buy under mother's name. Insurance under mother (no license), i am named driver
-Met with Accident claim before.
-2nd Car under my name. insurance also my name.

Question, when they asked: do you have any claim for the pass 3 yrs, how shall i put it?

artistick

Reaction score
Those looking for renewal of insurance
should really go online get a quote using Aviva online. (just google aviva online)
Be it for comparison or purchasing.

quite hassle free & i realize it was cheapest for me,
comparing to indian / china insurance so i rather take Aviva since i feel its more reputable.

portal28

Reaction score
Those looking for renewal of insurance
should really go online get a quote using Aviva online. (just google aviva online)
Be it for comparison or purchasing.

quite hassle free & i realize it was cheapest for me,
comparing to indian / china insurance so i rather take Aviva since i feel its more reputable.

agreed, i'm looking for insurance myself and Aviva is giving the best quote so far. OAC and Chartis are giving much higher quotes. Still looking around before deciding next week.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

can anyone tell me whether car insurance can claim back when i sell my car? :s11:

rikishi18

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys when u change the exhaust system (LTA compliant), do u inform insurance?

purplezbabe

Reaction score
=)
PM me for faster response as I might not check the forum too often. Thanks.

Owner & Driver details:
Name, I/C No., Date Of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Occupation, License since, Contact No.
Vehicle Details:
Registration No., Renewal NCB, Current Insurer, Finance Company, Claim Experience for past 3 years if any.

Lizhen84

Reaction score
Got some question yo ask..

Can my brother already have a car , n he is going to add 1 more nAme for me .. N he Is going to buy another car under his name.. So the insurance I need to pay is his ? Or mine as I only have 1 year license .. Plz advice thanks.. Izzit better to put under his name or what??

Lizhen84

Reaction score
Anyone can tell me where to do the car transfer online ?? And paying the fee?? Or I must go down LTA to sign the document ?? Plz advice , thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.