HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Things you need to know about car insurance

Like Tree5Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #436

might not be the right place to post this but i'm a rider and recently someone claimed against my policy for a whopping 6000 dollars. it was an extremely slow speed bump (about 10km/h) which caused just a mere transfer of paint.

the driver was not the owner of the vehicle and was probably a driver for hire (uber/grab). as such, he mentioned he couldn't settle personally and when i contacted the company, the company told me if want to settle need to pay $2000. Of course i rejected because the damage was merely superfical.

I highly suspect i'm a victim of insurance fraud. However, the insurance company may see differently. However, that said, how much will my NCD increase by because of such a mederately high claim.
here are some pictures as well for the damage.

http://imgur.com/a/D1Epu
http://imgur.com/phCWyrC
http://imgur.com/Fa1bueG
http://imgur.com/a/0FZtt
Firstly, your NCD will decrease not increase. But depend on your policy too, you might have ncd protector. You will be able to enjoy the same ncd if you renew with the same insurer.
Claims amt is what affect your next year premium loading. With claims, insurer will easily load another 20% on their calculation.
If you feel you are a victim of a claim fraud. You may contact you insurer and reason about it on why they pay out such lump sum to this small dmg. But frankly speaking they can't do much.
Monnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #437

might not be the right place to post this but i'm a rider and recently someone claimed against my policy for a whopping 6000 dollars. it was an extremely slow speed bump (about 10km/h) which caused just a mere transfer of paint.

the driver was not the owner of the vehicle and was probably a driver for hire (uber/grab). as such, he mentioned he couldn't settle personally and when i contacted the company, the company told me if want to settle need to pay $2000. Of course i rejected because the damage was merely superfical.

I highly suspect i'm a victim of insurance fraud. However, the insurance company may see differently. However, that said, how much will my NCD increase by because of such a mederately high claim.
here are some pictures as well for the damage.

http://imgur.com/a/D1Epu
http://imgur.com/phCWyrC
http://imgur.com/Fa1bueG
http://imgur.com/a/0FZtt

http://www.gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/motor-insurance-fraud.html

You may step up to GIA if you want to proceed further. Link above or call them at 1800-44-37283

Last edited by Monnie; 01-06-2017 at 05:10 PM..
Old 20-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #438
Supremacy Member

Hi, if i were to get a new car, usually what must we do?
Cancel and refund the old insurance, and get a new insurance?
Toiletpaper80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #439

Hi, if i were to get a new car, usually what must we do?
Cancel and refund the old insurance, and get a new insurance?
Yes. 1 case by 1 case. Even if you are getting from same insurer.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #440

Hello guys I'm new here. Just wanna check if anyone knows a good motorbike insurance? NTUC income seems to be the most common one?
Tay Wen Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #441

Hello guys I'm new here. Just wanna check if anyone knows a good motorbike insurance? NTUC income seems to be the most common one?
Depend on your bike model. Common 1 is ntuc. Superbike I recommend liberty. But ntuc do superbike too, price wise u need get an agent to to compare for u.
Old 21-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #442

Question Fighting 3rd party claim?

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask if you see any chance for me to fight back against this 3rd party claim:

1- I had a car accident with a blue taxi and I was alleged for a hit-and-run accident. I filled in a police report explaining that this has been a misunderstanding and I had stopped at the first position on the other side of the road. I received an stern warning from SPF regarding the accident for the following:

a. Careless driving
b. Failing to report within 24 hrs after an accident

2- My car was a rented car from SMOVE and I have received an email from them that I need to pay 2000$+GST regarding the third party claim.

3- I requested for more information from the insurance company and SMOVE. They replied they are unable to get a copy of third party report as this accident was paid out and closed already. Since, both reports tally with each other and our driver is at fault, thus we have to pay out to third party.

4- The issue is that the car that I was driving was not damaged at all and I think the taxi driver is claiming for too much. I had a friend with me in the car at the time of the accident and he can also testify that the accident was too mild and it cannot have this much damage.

5- The user agreement with SMOVE indicates that the cars are insured against all 3rd party risks & liabilities, damage to the vehicle, subject to the following excess: Own damage excess per accident: $2,000 & 3rd party excess per accident $2,000.

I have consulted with both FIDReC and CASE and they told me they can't help since I don't own the car and I have no direct relationship with the insurance companies in this case.

Thanks a lot for your help.
naal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #443

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask if you see any chance for me to fight back against this 3rd party claim:

1- I had a car accident with a blue taxi and I was alleged for a hit-and-run accident. I filled in a police report explaining that this has been a misunderstanding and I had stopped at the first position on the other side of the road. I received an stern warning from SPF regarding the accident for the following:

a. Careless driving
b. Failing to report within 24 hrs after an accident

2- My car was a rented car from SMOVE and I have received an email from them that I need to pay 2000$+GST regarding the third party claim.

3- I requested for more information from the insurance company and SMOVE. They replied they are unable to get a copy of third party report as this accident was paid out and closed already. Since, both reports tally with each other and our driver is at fault, thus we have to pay out to third party.

4- The issue is that the car that I was driving was not damaged at all and I think the taxi driver is claiming for too much. I had a friend with me in the car at the time of the accident and he can also testify that the accident was too mild and it cannot have this much damage.

5- The user agreement with SMOVE indicates that the cars are insured against all 3rd party risks & liabilities, damage to the vehicle, subject to the following excess: Own damage excess per accident: $2,000 & 3rd party excess per accident $2,000.

I have consulted with both FIDReC and CASE and they told me they can't help since I don't own the car and I have no direct relationship with the insurance companies in this case.

Thanks a lot for your help.
SMOVE should have response when their rec the claim at first and informed you. Din they?
Old 29-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #444
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone can advise on Aviva vs Etiqa? which one is better overall? covers malaysia etc.
no mod car.
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #445

Anyone can advise on Aviva vs Etiqa? which one is better overall? covers malaysia etc.
no mod car.
Go for etiqa if price is same. A more proper insurance company
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #446
High Supremacy Member

Hi Experts

Vehicle A - Current Insurance with 50%NCB (Owner A)
Vehicle B - Purchase Used Car and getting new insurance (Owner A)

can Owner A own 2 cars with both insurance having 50% NCB under Owner A name.
Or NCB can only be enjoy one 1 vehicle no matter how many car the owner have?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #447

Feels like Tokio Marine covers the best. Any comment?
Chuaty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #448

Hi guys, I would like to ask something about commercial car insurance.

My new car is coming out this month. And I'm using it to drive grab.

I would like to add my son's name into the commercial car insurance but the problem is that he got his driving license for one year plus only.

I got my quotation from NTUC Income as their minimum driving exp. for add on driver is 2 years. So my son is not eligible.

I hope to add my son's name into the commercial car insurance.

Is there any solution to this? Or any advises?

Thanks.

Last edited by annonn; 06-09-2017 at 02:18 PM..
annonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #449

Hi Experts

Vehicle A - Current Insurance with 50%NCB (Owner A)
Vehicle B - Purchase Used Car and getting new insurance (Owner A)

can Owner A own 2 cars with both insurance having 50% NCB under Owner A name.
Or NCB can only be enjoy one 1 vehicle no matter how many car the owner have?

Thanks.
1 owner, can have many cars. Under that owner, each car is assigned its own NCD entitlement under that owner.

Example (Owner A):
Vehicle A - 50% NCD
Vehicle B - starts from 0 NCD, cos new car. At the point, Owner A can decide to transfer the 50% NCD from Vehicle A to Vehicle B. This could be useful if the insurance for vehicle costs more, hence with 50% NCD, you save more.
But vehicle A will now have 0 NCD

Hope this answers your question
cere13ra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #450

Feels like Tokio Marine covers the best. Any comment?
In what way is their coverage best?
Is there any particular coverage that you are looking for?
Some insurers allow you to choose your coverage, a la carte style.
cere13ra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.