Things you need to know about car insurance

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe you can opt for comprehensive, but have to see type of cars. If it's some ltd edition car, or rare model or hard to find parts I highly doubt so when a door will cost more than the insurance coverage itself.

Insurers have to cover cars because the law dictates it... it's a lose money business, but they still have to make some how. Nobody will insure some hard-to-find-parts car.
Agreed... Back then when mine was due, called up a few and surprisingly one local insurer dun take in my bolehland car also.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AXA discontinued their motor insurance in sg.
need to find insurers for 77 yr old senior. alot of insurers dont quote for ah lao except ntuc. i m quite inclined to go back to ntuc after a claim in my previous car.
anyone else has other recommendations?

2015 toyota altis.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AXA discontinued their motor insurance in sg.
need to find insurers for 77 yr old senior. alot of insurers dont quote for ah lao except ntuc. i m quite inclined to go back to ntuc after a claim in my previous car.
anyone else has other recommendations?

2015 toyota altis.
Buy under your name then put him as named driver?

purpletulipia

Reaction score
Do we need to activate the car insurance on weekday cause the insurer don’t issue policies on weekend. However the policy start date can be on weekend?

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we need to activate the car insurance on weekend cause the insurer don’t issue policies on weekend. However the policy start date can be on weekend?
You just let your broker know when you want the start date. They will do it on their end. It shouldn't matter to you.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
I had an accident and claimed 3rd party. $0 claimed on my own policy.

When checking for online quotes, can I put I made 0 claims for the past 3 years? Or I need to put 1?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had an accident and claimed 3rd party. $0 claimed on my own policy.

When checking for online quotes, can I put I made 0 claims for the past 3 years? Or I need to put 1?
Just put 0, they will know if you claimed OD. They will check with the records.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Just put 0, they will know if you claimed OD. They will check with the records.
Thanks big brother. I remembered you have a car insurance agent? Mind PM me the contact if he is good? I'm looking to get more quotes.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks big brother. I remembered you have a car insurance agent? Mind PM me the contact if he is good? I'm looking to get more quotes.
Sending you two now, will tell you which one I'm with. They are both good.

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sending you two now, will tell you which one I'm with. They are both good.
big brother please send me the contact too, my current expensive insurance ending soon, time for me to look out liao.
thank you in advance.

Hardware138

Reaction score
Car insurance here is most lucrative.. you paying insurancr for yr car scrap, omv and coe value too le..
car accident frauds too are lucrative yet not much done to clamp down to lower the car insurance by the company as they lament high repair cost etc.. they still roam our highway and create businesses accidentally..
Hmmm.. wonder why ?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Car insurance here is most lucrative.. you paying insurancr for yr car scrap, omv and coe value too le..
car accident frauds too are lucrative yet not much done to clamp down to lower the car insurance by the company as they lament high repair cost etc.. they still roam our highway and create businesses accidentally..
Hmmm.. wonder why ?
Car touts and workshops are a menace to the industry. Just like how private integrated shield plans were abused, general insurance claims is even more dirty. You pray that you get hit and you don’t hit someone because if you don’t offer any private settlement, the third party is very likely claiming you $10k and above. Experienced drivers will know how dirty it is. If claims are paid out and insurers can’t sustain, only way is to raise premiums otherwise more smaller players just get shuttered.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my insurance expiring soon. can pm me so insurance broker as current broker renewal is more ex than what i pay for last year even i do not have any accident claim and increase in my NCD?

Thank you

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my insurance expiring soon. can pm me so insurance broker as current broker renewal is more ex than what i pay for last year even i do not have any accident claim and increase in my NCD?

Thank you
why need insurance broker? just go online and compare?

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Got such thing one? Is the insurer decide not the broker no?
The broker can nego for additional discount. Tested and proven. That why need to find a few broker and bargain and see which the lowest then you go lor. Discount can easily be 100 or so. Of course, you will not entitle to voucher or any other freebie if you get from official website.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Got such thing one? Is the insurer decide not the broker no?
Insurance broker is like moneysmart for cc.
They can offer lower rates for new sign ups. And they get paid by insurer not you.
But you need to change insurer every single time. So you forgo any loyalty rewards from existing co.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the car sales rep or dealer (especially 2nd hand) can even be an insurance broker...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.