HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Are those ceramic/glass coating paint protection for cars really worth it?

Like Tree3Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #31

I already have some scratches on my car, can still do?
Think depends how serious, they may have some ways to improve it and whether you don't mind having it sealed by the ceramic coating. That's they would charge more as there's extra work
ceciliansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #32

did my glass coating couple of months back.
quite good i would say.

last longer than normal waxing.
only $300++ can last 1 year plus. better than going back to wax every 3 months.

one thing to note though, dun do it during raining season!!
car cannot touch water for a couple of days after they apply the coating..
Spee_Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

Its good for local climate..

But personally prefer wax as its able to bring out more depth in the gloss... especially since mine is a dark metallic colour

Sent from Samsung GT-I9195 using GAGT
q w e r t ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 AM   #34

Question Anyone tried the QMI Toughguard car grooming services at IMM?

I came across this polishing shop at IMM Mall car park area that provide all sort of car detailing services. Asked them about the services and products and they told me they are using USA technology products that range from Nano polymer to paint protection sealant. They also have a high range premium product that known as 9H Pro Ceremic that can last 3 to 5 years. All different pricing. Anyone tried their products? Which could you recommend or any other similar retailer with good product and cheaper pricing?

Last edited by peterich2005; 12-04-2016 at 03:49 AM..
peterich2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #35

I came across this polishing shop at IMM Mall car park area that provide all sort of car detailing services. Asked them about the services and products and they told me they are using USA technology products that range from Nano polymer to paint protection sealant. They also have a high range premium product that known as 9H Pro Ceremic that can last 3 to 5 years. All different pricing. Anyone tried their products? Which could you recommend or any other similar retailer with good product and cheaper pricing?
Have been researching a little on this. Found this product called CQuartz Finest. You should explore that. Seems credible.
ethanyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 11:32 PM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ain't it weird how it's always brand new and/or single digit post count accounts who necro more than 1 year old posts on a topic that is related to some product or service they're advertising?
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 11:46 PM   #37

this glass coating got multiple levels of protection correct? You can decide whether you want 1 layer (basic) or up to 10 layers (extreme/elite package). Any idea what's the price range like for basic to higher end packages?

Can you still perform DIY car wash / wax on your car after applying this coating?
porkknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #38
Master Member

are such glass coating really effective for at least 3 years' shine?

what are the recommended workshops now for a brand new SUV?

TIA much
Panerex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #39
High Supremacy Member

Don't go to overcrowded shops...esp those ask u take packages then halfway through they do slop job....playback camera u will know how long they spent on ur car. Blacklisted one quite "famous" in amk and Jurong area after hearing some negative reviews
eurofunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #40
Supremacy Member

I will be taking up a cheap one next year to see if it really helps. Aiming to pay about 400-500. Some PPS can go up to the thousands, quite insane IMO...
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:13 AM   #41
High Supremacy Member

are such glass coating really effective for at least 3 years' shine?

what are the recommended workshops now for a brand new SUV?

TIA much
I think mine is done almost a year ago and after washing with plain water, it still has that showroom effect!

Try 96304884. He's at Ubi Autobac.

Cost should be around $600+ for a sedan?
kebinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:41 AM   #42
Master Member

I think mine is done almost a year ago and after washing with plain water, it still has that showroom effect!

Try 96304884. He's at Ubi Autobac.

Cost should be around $600+ for a sedan?
Thanks, yours is glass coating?
Panerex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #43
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Post pics of your ride bro?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #44
Master Member

Used for my old spyder .The red gloss still shiny.

Sent from Heaven using GAGT
TheOmniPotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #45

I just did Zetough Ceramic Coating at Revol Carz Makeover a few days ago for my 7yo Nissan Murano for $888. Dunno if u can say worth it or not but the car is certainly much shinier than before. I wouldn't say it looks like new. More like maybe 4yo car. It doesn't give you a new paint look like if you repainted your car but its definitely much shinier. Like applying a "glass" coating to your car so my 7yo car still has (i think) a faded colour but much more shiny and the car doesn't look so old. Compared to DIY waxing or other types of professional waxing, i would say this is much shinier cos i did all those waxing before this and i wasn't really satisfied with the results. So generally, i am happy that i did it.

And just wanted to say that the car surface is much smoother than before. However, when i sprayed water on the car to wash away the dirt/dust, the water still beads quite a lot. So its not like slicky smooth. But much smoother than before. Also, if you look at some of the pics on review websites, the car might be super shiny but i guess you just need to take note that some of these are relatively new cars or had it repainted then coated so it looks super good. My personal experience is that you don't get that new car painted look with just ceramic coating. But a much shinier look. Cheers

Last edited by sching7777; 11-03-2017 at 07:37 PM..
sching7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.