HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Are those ceramic/glass coating paint protection for cars really worth it?

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #61
EJB
High Supremacy Member

is there a 10H in the first place?
Current is 9H max?
these days those groomers like to bomb anyhow.
6 year warranty, then let them hala lor, think some members here say got groomer say 12H even.

Anyway, next time before grooming must ask them what I am to expect out of the job,

The SE until now never ping me ask me about package signing. Think he also don't want me to go back for touch-ups.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you really know what is hardness.
9h, 10h is just a illusion/gimmick when comes to paint coating.

Real 9H meaning only a diamond can scratch it.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #63
Supremacy Member

Talked about this briefly in another thread but whether it's worth it to you depends on what your standards and expectations are. If all you want is for your car to look shiny and clean as a whole, then probably not. If you want the car to be free of swirls, watermarks etc then you are looking for paint correction.

Skip to 6:12 if you just want to know what correction is.

After that, you will want to protect the corrected paint from and there are many ways to do this: mainly wax, sealants and coatings. So you can do some research to find what fits your needs best and chat with your groomer/detailer for his view as well.
hg_wng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #64
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Talked about this briefly in another thread but whether it's worth it to you depends on what your standards and expectations are. If all you want is for your car to look shiny and clean as a whole, then probably not. If you want the car to be free of swirls, watermarks etc then you are looking for paint correction.

Skip to 6:12 if you just want to know what correction is.

After that, you will want to protect the corrected paint from and there are many ways to do this: mainly wax, sealants and coatings. So you can do some research to find what fits your needs best and chat with your groomer/detailer for his view as well.
Issue is, the coating process included the paint correction, coating protection, shine, gloss, clay, etc..

It isn't too much for me to inspect the car and advise them there's swirl marks, the coating isn't even, nor the car is not shiny, and areas are still rough....

$949 for just coating is way over the sky, of course there's additional to it...
Old 13-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #65
Master Member

take a walk in private estates with landed house, can find many taxis parking in those houses
I took before taxi uncle retired lawyer. Drive for fun. Most of the time he lim kopi with kakis. Lol
Peach Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #66
Supremacy Member

Issue is, the coating process included the paint correction, coating protection, shine, gloss, clay, etc..

It isn't too much for me to inspect the car and advise them there's swirl marks, the coating isn't even, nor the car is not shiny, and areas are still rough....

$949 for just coating is way over the sky, of course there's additional to it...
I wasn't referring to your case haha, just in reply to the thread title. I agree with you and for the price you paid, the workmanship you received was definitely sub-par. Not saying that you are too tough on them (I would probably do the same).

Back to the main topic, most of the places I inquired charge roughly 800-1000 for these services and I think it's a reasonable price to pay for a job well done. IMO a car in sg is so ex, getting this done is a small percentage of your car cost so it's ok to me.
hg_wng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #67
Supremacy Member

1H or 9H. How consumer know ? Very easy to scam customer money .
elf108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #68

I wasn't referring to your case haha, just in reply to the thread title. I agree with you and for the price you paid, the workmanship you received was definitely sub-par. Not saying that you are too tough on them (I would probably do the same).

Back to the main topic, most of the places I inquired charge roughly 800-1000 for these services and I think it's a reasonable price to pay for a job well done. IMO a car in sg is so ex, getting this done is a small percentage of your car cost so it's ok to me.

Crazy logic. I will give you a few door dents and you will know how good the coating
playstation76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #69
Master Member

they can give any warranty, if they close down give infinite warranty also useless.

just be careful when comes to such grooming tricks.

6 year warranty, then let them hala lor, think some members here say got groomer say 12H even.

Anyway, next time before grooming must ask them what I am to expect out of the job,

The SE until now never ping me ask me about package signing. Think he also don't want me to go back for touch-ups.
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #70
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Ya I know, I mean if we pay for something, the prep work must be done, else no use coating.

Imagine the car bumper dented, or scratches until paint drop, don't fix it, coat it, it still looks a lok lok car lor
Old 13-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #71
EJB
High Supremacy Member

they can give any warranty, if they close down give infinite warranty also useless.

just be careful when comes to such grooming tricks.

Haha... that one is a risk we all have to take. They've been around for a while, but don't think they will in a hurry close down as their customers probably send in, take and go.

Those that sign packages probably just utilize them finish it, then chabok also, unlikely will go back often for cleaning/touch up.

Unless they did something major wrong... but yah, there's always a risk everywhere.
Old 13-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #72
Supremacy Member

Haha... that one is a risk we all have to take. They've been around for a while, but don't think they will in a hurry close down as their customers probably send in, take and go.

Those that sign packages probably just utilize them finish it, then chabok also, unlikely will go back often for cleaning/touch up.

Unless they did something major wrong... but yah, there's always a risk everywhere.
Don't worry la, they charge you so much and do such a sloppy job, they should be able to last a long time
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #73
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't worry la, they charge you so much and do such a sloppy job, they should be able to last a long time
LOL!!!

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

Premium glass coating $528
Premium glass conditioning $78
For Honda Civic. Price sexpensive?
HeadQuarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #75
EJB
High Supremacy Member

They had to redo again at their own cost... so I'm sure the value already twice gone liao. At least the 2nd time is way better than the first.

This is called do 1 time don't want, want do 2 two times... cannot help... customers like shoddy job, not my problem.

Anyway, $949 is cheap, no issues.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.