Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tyres recommendation?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Tyres recommendation?

155/80 R13 (currently ContiEcoContact EP)

I saw a rough gauge online, Falken $64 / pc.

Whats your take? Pricing wise?

still amateur learning, if anyone has a personal ranking table on current available tyres in SG, pls feel free to comment.

No choice saw my tyres look damn new but 2006

Do you think any workshop will let me trade in my current set?

Last edited by aaur4man; 01-01-2010 at 11:31 AM..
aaur4man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
tk
Supremacy Member

If i were u... i'd stick with the current tyres for another year since the condition still good..
tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #3

155/80 R13 (currently ContiEcoContact EP)

I saw a rough gauge online, Falken $64 / pc.

Whats your take? Pricing wise?

still amateur learning, if anyone has a personal ranking table on current available tyres in SG, pls feel free to comment.

No choice saw my tyres look damn new but 2006

Do you think any workshop will let me trade in my current set?
I'd say Tyres, Stick with the Conti Eco Contact tyres.

They can last you 5 years ( Carbible gave it minimum 7 years, and Continental's webby 10 years ). Plus, minus, I'd give it 5 years, especially for Continental tyres. DON'T get psychoed by any tyre shop in changing tyres, coz Continental Tyres are damn good, though expensive!

At 2 years old, no one will give you a decent price for the tyres anyway.

FYI, im using a 16" ContiPremiumContact2 tyres on my Fiat Grande Punto, but i have a set of 15" Hankook V12 Evos as a spare set, kept at the tyre shop.

IF you're itchy to change tyres, know your tyre specs first

Your Fiat Panda should be using PCD 4x98 and an offset of 30 to 38, with a centre bore of 58.1

For simplicity sakes, you should do the following if you intend to change tyres
Convert your hubs to 4x 100 ( Its like adding spacers.
Purchase 4 centre bore caps of 58.1
Choose your tyres properly. 195 / 50 / 15 should be correct for you.
Choose your rims properly. You're driving a FIAT. Don't be caught with your pants down driving GALLOP / ADVANTI rims. Get proper rims for your car, instead of getting one that just looks nice.

Oh, expect your car to be more stable,. but drink more petrol.
tmfwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

kinda technical here, u can talk engine but anything else im blur

i dont really intend to upsize tyres as I know it will increase FC.

logically, if i wanted to chiong and turn while chionging, i wouldnt have gotten such a lean 1242cc moving metal. its a very modest, night/weekend leisure ride and some say JB too.

rims wise, I would really want to have a reasonable sport rim that are exactly the same specs as current. Is it possible? But not right now though, already smelling the burnt hole in my wallet.

now its drinking petrol already. previous owner clocked 14.2km/L while I only managed 13.7km/L due to the stupid clutch. some more just did 20,000km servicing with new filters and EO. engine wise i checked thoroughly before purchase, didnt look like it needed servicing urgently anyway. well maintained.

I believe my handling and right foot can get it to 15km/L. of course plus the usual maintenance.

Last edited by aaur4man; 01-01-2010 at 09:55 PM..
aaur4man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
Master Member

better change. 3yrs plus. tyre shd b harden. get a new set of tyres.

if u wan 155/80R13 size tyres, go to the link below

http://www.efxsoft.com/sgtyres/t3.as...resize=1558013
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

was advised continental lasts more than 5yrs. or at least until the thread wears out.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #7

get RE11.i am using it nice.very nice set of tires and very solid side walls that will not collasp so easily and it is not that noisy .
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #8

5 years!? The rubber compound will harden even if the tires tread is ok! Fyi, driving a set of hardened tires is dangerous, that's why every tires have shelf-life and I usually don't buy any tires more than 6 moths old from date of manufacture. Spend some cash & spare my life is more important than save some cash & give away your life!
insecure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
Master Member

Fiat rims PCDs are a pain in the ass. For some weird reason, they are 4x98, which is uncommon in SG. Only some rim shops carry limited models, else you will need to order. Spacers are a good way of changing the PCDs to 4x100 so that you have a larger range of rims to choose from, plus it offsets by pushing your rims out wider so it doesn't look sunken in from the fenders.
lattesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #10

5 years!? The rubber compound will harden even if the tires tread is ok! Fyi, driving a set of hardened tires is dangerous, that's why every tires have shelf-life and I usually don't buy any tires more than 6 moths old from date of manufacture. Spend some cash & spare my life is more important than save some cash & give away your life!
That's why i like Singaporeans with your mentality. They provide an avenue where i can purchase an extremely affordable set of 2nd hand tyres, which are still perfectly usable at alot less than their RRPs, at a lifespan which still has a long way to go.

Pricewise, enough savings so that you can keep 2-3 sets of tyres for the price of a new set.

There are some that harden alot, and some that don't harden that much. And those of a higher quality, are built to last alot longer than their inferior qualty brethren.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #11

get RE11.i am using it nice.very nice set of tires and very solid side walls that will not collasp so easily and it is not that noisy .
I think RE-001 more suited for your ride.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #12
tk
Supremacy Member

Singaporeans tends to be a bit too KS lah.. a bit like your nick..

but if u buy some ulu brand tyres made from countries with questionable QC then have to be more careful..
tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Fiat rims PCDs are a pain in the ass. For some weird reason, they are 4x98, which is uncommon in SG. Only some rim shops carry limited models, else you will need to order. Spacers are a good way of changing the PCDs to 4x100 so that you have a larger range of rims to choose from, plus it offsets by pushing your rims out wider so it doesn't look sunken in from the fenders.
u converted urs to 4 X 100 ? i just did mine recently....noticed a slight power loss after that....but handling/cornering feels a little better after conversion

btw which shop sells 4 X 98 pcd rims in sg bro? so far i have never seen any
Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

btw i am just wondering....got any such thing as 185/80/r13 tires?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

just did a little read up. it seems 4x100 rims are about 195 (as per tmfwy), so it means have to change tyres :| that mean will wait till tyre changing time and one shot change all lol.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.