Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, want to seek advice on whether buying a car or leasing is a better option. Say, if buy a Lancer ex with 3 year old Coe vs rent a $58 per day Lancer ex from lcr, how much can we save? How much does a similar commercial insurance cost? Will the process of filling income tax for the self registered company difficult? Thanks in advance!
If the rental is 58, can rent
If rental like 70 etc cannot rent
Nowadays lancer ex also quite ex, around 11-12k depre i think, if u are buying

Income tax not hard
Just declared as per normal

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays quite easy to find $50 a day cars, look around carousell....many many
And those rental usually Kenna small dent or scratch they don't really bother, cuz u will be renting till scrap

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
Just gotten the decal stuck on... Not bad I must say, and the best about Prius is. The rear decal can't even be seen! :s13:

yuri2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi to all the gurus,

some background info first: I've been in my current corporate job for the past 8yrs. Getting abit sian of all the red-tape plus slow moving progression already, not to mention my boss keeps telling all of us "Collaboration is key!" and having to be nice to other departments even if they're in the wrong. So am considering ditching my FT job to be a driver and have more flexibility since had a newborn not too long ago. However, having said that .. I am faced with a dilemma. I am really not sure which route I should opt to go for.

1) Drive UG with my current car. (1.5yrs old Vezel).

2) Drive UG with rental car, but keep my Vezel for wifey to drive (Possible to earn enough to cover both rental and installment of my own car?)

3) Ditch my Vezel, and drive rental only. (Might probably lugi alot since selling car before 3yrs old usually dont get back alot)

4) Ditch my Vezel, and drive with taxi company. (since taxis can take advantage of GrabTaxi or even JustGrab)

I am able to tahan 10-12hrs almost continuous driving, since I've done alot of road trips on my current and previous rides so long driving hours are not an issue to me. My concern is actually about earnings, but I suppose in this trade, one must know what one is doing to earn. Could anyone be kind enough to share your opinions/insights/personal experiences?

Thanks in advance!

10-12 hrs road trips is quite different. You are probably doing a holiday trip in light traffic.
Driving UG for passengers with different demands in peak hours traffic will sap your energy fast.

Optionstrader

Banned
Reaction score
lol the sticker very obvious on mine.. now just waiting for the course to start..
5jsuROHl.jpg

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT

lambochan

Reaction score
Hi all,
im planning to drive uber asap. Anyone can give me tips or do and donts while driving uber?

Appreciate many many

Lancelot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi to all the gurus,

some background info first: I've been in my current corporate job for the past 8yrs. Getting abit sian of all the red-tape plus slow moving progression already, not to mention my boss keeps telling all of us "Collaboration is key!" and having to be nice to other departments even if they're in the wrong. So am considering ditching my FT job to be a driver and have more flexibility since had a newborn not too long ago. However, having said that .. I am faced with a dilemma. I am really not sure which route I should opt to go for.

2) Drive UG with rental car, but keep my Vezel for wifey to drive (Possible to earn enough to cover both rental and installment of my own car?)

3) Ditch my Vezel, and drive rental only. (Might probably lugi alot since selling car before 3yrs old usually dont get back alot)

4) Ditch my Vezel, and drive with taxi company. (since taxis can take advantage of GrabTaxi or even JustGrab)

I am able to tahan 10-12hrs almost continuous driving, since I've done alot of road trips on my current and previous rides so long driving hours are not an issue to me. My concern is actually about earnings, but I suppose in this trade, one must know what one is doing to earn. Could anyone be kind enough to share your opinions/insights/personal experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Hi starfish85,

1. If you don't mind strangers "molesting" your car, pax carrying large luggages & chipping off your car's paint. Moreover you need to convert to commercial insurance with about ~$2500 excess.

2. This is the most "xiong" option. You'll be spending approximately ~$3.2k just to pay rent+loan for both cars(since I don't know how much is your monthly instalment)

3. Too extreme an option. You do not know how you will like the job after driving for a while. You may regret losing your car & losing $$$ on selling it as well(depreciation).

4. A little extreme as well. What if you do not like to drive taxi after you drove for a while, and your car is already sold?

Driving for leisure & driving to earn a living is very different. You may enjoy driving initially but after a while the novelty wears off. Think carefully. Best is to get a feel first before thinking about selling your car.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi to all the gurus,

Thanks in advance!

very high risk considering u got newborn now.

if u are currently earning $4k and above, I suggest you stick to your job.

unless you are earning $2-3k... then you may want to try out option 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.