HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #4951
High Supremacy Member

Based on your below, Uberr suits obviously. You will enjoy bonus as existing drivers too. You need referral code to enjoy the said bonus. Win-Win
Advice needed. I have two months of free time and need to make extra cash over the next two months.

Which is better? Uber or Grab?

I drove UFC before so can't enjoy the new driver for Uber incentives.

I'm still new to Grab but their min rental for good first-timer incentive is 3 months which I can only drive for 2, then the remainder 1 month is good as wasted.

Is it advisable to rent from LCR and drive Uber for 2 months or just hiong the 3 months from Grab and enjoy the first-timer incentive?
Leave No Men Behind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:39 AM   #4952
Supremacy Member

Thanks bro EJB for the replies. But which should I join? And if LCR really is a bad choice..? Many thanks!

Yea my clients wont mind about that, or rather, I won't mind. It's a legit job!
R u sure u wanna rent a car to drive to cover the rent cost?
Just imagine u need to work ft as well as drive to cover your rent. U will be damn tired.
bendi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #4953

R u sure u wanna rent a car to drive to cover the rent cost?
Just imagine u need to work ft as well as drive to cover your rent. U will be damn tired.
Yea bro, I've been considering for 3 months already. Ok, my ft job is actually my own job (small biz) and I'm hoping to earn more. Partly also want to utilise the rented car for my sales and moving of items. So I thought one stone 2 birds. Why not?!

I won't be driving during weekends. It's for family. Thanks for the concern bro!
KenTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #4954

You can start now but you will need to apply for Pvdl and receive the Atd b4 30th June in order to drive on 1st July onwards

In b4 the referral Master lol

Sent from somewhere ulu using GAGT
But in this case, should I register via uber fastlane now and wait until get ATD approve then only start uber since there is great incentive for first month sign up ??

Register via uber fastlane mean uber sign up start ?
jack113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 02:43 AM   #4955

Tiagong hybrid can at least 17km per litre
has been averaging the new prius hybrid at 23km/L
calbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 02:48 AM   #4956
Supremacy Member

has been averaging the new prius hybrid at 23km/L
Fwah! Going to get a Prius nao!
ProLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 02:50 AM   #4957

But in this case, should I register via uber fastlane now and wait until get ATD approve then only start uber since there is great incentive for first month sign up ??

Register via uber fastlane mean uber sign up start ?
If you are not looking at the new driver incentives then you could join either one on part-time basis like gph or UFC (Uber better as got fast lane)

After you got your atd then you may proceed to rent a car monthly and join another on full term to max out the incentives potential.

ocw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 04:27 AM   #4958
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually it's register plus health plus send to LTA for processing b4 June 30th so you are in a bit of a rush. Are you looking to rent a car so you may use it after working hours and make some pocket money on weekends?

Better don't if it's about the car. There are better ways to make money. UG is very energy consuming. If you are going to spend your spare time driving then you will lose valuable family time

Oh really? Actually im planning to do it 5.30-9pm on weekdays and 8am-12pm on both weekends.
Earning wise.. i dont really mind a little after deduction though. Is G better than U for my case?
The app requires an upload of the ATD/PDVL, I suspect they might use that to stop people from getting online if not uploaded, but this is just my gut feel.
Ah i see.. alright then.
aztech44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 06:37 AM   #4959

If you are not looking at the new driver incentives then you could join either one on part-time basis like gph or UFC (Uber better as got fast lane)

After you got your atd then you may proceed to rent a car monthly and join another on full term to max out the incentives potential.

Thanks ...
how about for Singapore PR with own car ? How to get atd and PDVl?
jack113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 07:25 AM   #4960

Yea bro, I've been considering for 3 months already. Ok, my ft job is actually my own job (small biz) and I'm hoping to earn more. Partly also want to utilise the rented car for my sales and moving of items. So I thought one stone 2 birds. Why not?!

I won't be driving during weekends. It's for family. Thanks for the concern bro!

What business u in Ken? U will probably need a 7 seater if u r looking to ferry your goods and passenger around.
MatrixIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #4961

What business u in Ken? U will probably need a 7 seater if u r looking to ferry your goods and passenger around.
Online biz Bro. So with a laptop in the car I can basically do wonders. Ya man I am seriously thinking of Shuttle hybrid. But from my knowledge I think only LCR has this new shuttle hybrid with 1 month deals. Wish to give it a months trial first and see if it works for my lifestyle. Or are there other companies that rent new shuttle hybrids too?

Oh yes! Is it also true that if I rent from LCR, I can also do grab jobs BUT no incentives given?
Old 20-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #4962
Master Member

I have a Prius 2016 for take over, $535/week. Till December 2017.
Pm me
jury_pack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 08:32 AM   #4963
Supremacy Member

Have u tried driving before? I seriously advise u to consider trying out part time first. Driving can be tiring after a few hours. And considering u won't earn much from your u/g, u will get sian after a while.
bendi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #4964

Have u tried driving before? I seriously advise u to consider trying out part time first. Driving can be tiring after a few hours. And considering u won't earn much from your u/g, u will get sian after a while.
Yup I did Bro. Ever drove 8 hours with half an hour lunch before and god it is freaking tiring. And that was when I had the opportunity to get on and off the car (bring things up to my client's place). So I can imagine the ass sitting there for long hours.

So that is why I also want to trial 1 month and see how it goes in fitting with a FT flex job + Family during weekends. A month should be sufficient to gauge. My priority is not really to earn a lot from UG as I know it's really effort put in. Probably profit of $1k-$2k I'll be contented already. My main agenda is to utilise the car for multiple purposes, which makes more sense over buying a car.

But with regards to my earlier questions on: LCR car can drive for Grab jobs? But without the incentives. Am I correct on this? Or do you all have any car rentals company to recommend?

Many thanks to all the replies bro. Super helpful.
Old 20-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #4965

Oh really? Actually im planning to do it 5.30-9pm on weekdays and 8am-12pm on both weekends.
Earning wise.. i dont really mind a little after deduction though. Is G better than U for my case?

Ah i see.. alright then.
Actually timing wise depends on how discipline you are. Else it might becomes 5.30pm to 1am as ping will kept coming in. Most will agree U have better price than G. But I'm a Gph driver as car is nearer to my place

ocw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.