Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptology

Master Member
Reaction score
Cos grab they have chat groups in areas, and grab app also stupid one. No driver accept the price will go up one.

Ya I know their pattern, when booking comes they always see price first, hope for it to go up then accept like watching stock market.

Grab should heavily penalise this type of picky drivers, acceptance rate should set higher, if drop below then 1 week ban see they still picky or not

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I know their pattern, when booking comes they always see price first, hope for it to go up then accept like watching stock market.

Grab should heavily penalise this type of picky drivers, acceptance rate should set higher, if drop below then 1 week ban see they still picky or not
Just remove the ability to see fares and destination. You'll get a car much faster.

Cyberboy128

Reaction score

Lol. No one owes you a living. Take whatever u like.

tan1688

Reaction score
nope, since no camera flash. i just got $200 and demerit 12 points.. haizz dash traffice light .. :(

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Guide to New UG Babies Part II

East
When you are in Changi Airport, Pasir Ris or Tampines
Do not travel by ECP to town, unlikely to get call only possible from ECP/Marine Parade Road
Travel by PIE, exit Paya Lebar and go towards Geylang and find your pax
Travel by PIE, exit to CTE, than exit Balestier towards Jalan Besar.
Go by Upper Changi North Road, try your luck at Changi Business Park, along the road left and right got Bedok Simpang, Tanah Merah all the private condo or housing estate all possibility of ping. If not reach Bedok Central and Chai Chee also may have some luck. But dont worry, just continue drive and you hit Geylang and downtown to get your pings.

North East
Punggol to SengKang to Hougang
Just drive the 3 estates main road Punggol Road and pass through Upper Serangoon Road.
Along that stretch, the night eateries at Upper Serangoon Road, Teo Cheow Porridge, Punggol Nasi Lemak can pick up pax going back to NE.
If not just travel south, if before 12 am, there will be frequent pings at NEXX taxi stand, alternatively go down by Yio Chu Kang, pings will come from Serangoon Garden.
If nothing just drive through Upper Serangoon Road and pass Potong Pasir, reach Whampoa and than you back to Jalan Besar again.

North
Woodland and Sembawang
Try to drive towards Yishun and go by Yishun Ave 2 and exit into SLE/CTE than exit Balestier again.
Alternative if Woodland, drive along BKE and exit Bukit Panjang, than CCK than Bukit Batok Road and hit PIE towards City. Exit Toa Payoh, turn into Thomson Road and than Balestier Road (also common spot of night suppers) if nothing just continue drive to Jalan Besar.

West
Pioneer Road North, Jurong West Estate
No point going by AYE, not much ping until Bouna Vista Biopolis if not until Lower Delta Road and head towards Vivo City or RWS. If unlucky, you get pax going back to Sentosa Cove which I hated the most. Short distance but long winding route and slow speed and most likely you come out empty.
Alternative go by Boon Lay Way than Commonwealth, possible to get pings but hope is at Holland Village. By Holland Village you can continue drive to hit Orchard and get your pings at Orchard Tower or any place along Orchard Road. If cannot just drive down and hit Bugis.

These are suggested routes for night time driving probably from 11 pm onwards to 4 am.

These are my personal experience and feel free to share in any platform if required.

Last edited:

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
UG Tips for Night Drivers Part I (12 am to 6am)

I have long wanted to share some tips with the new UG riders in this group. I only used to drive at night and this is my personal experienced and it is totally FOC and I dont need any yai gui referral.

Start of your Shift
At 12 am, you can hang around various MRT stations to catch those people missed their buses to home. Most distance will be short. And vice versa around 5.30 am onward, you can pick people take ride to nearest MRT and if happen morning raining days you can expect to drive non stop. Most people just want to take short trip to MRT to avoid the surge pricing.

Hot Spots At Night
Along the eateries and KTV pubs along Geylang Road and Sim Ave from Lor 40 to Lor 3

Jalan Besar – Swee Choon Dim Sum
Mustafa Shopping Centre 24 hours
Syed Alwi Road, remember there are 2 side one is little inda, the other to Jalan Sultan. There is a number of pubs and KTVs there.
As mention Jalan Sultan also good spot to pick pax
Move near to beach road at goldenmile, you can get pax disembark from Malaysia and wanting to take UG to go home.

Bugis – If still early before 2am, you can pick from Queen Street, drop off point at 4 chicken at bugis cube or the taxi stand juts outside Bugis Junction
Move further down, go to Prinsep Street at the corner of Mr Bean's cafe, there are a few popular pubs to wait for your pax. If nobody, dont worry, wait for calls from Selegie Complex, find your pax ar Sophia Road or Wikie Rd.
If you want to go further, maybe you can get call from Raffles City but I suggest you drive further down to South Bridge Road, many pax will be outside circuit road but beware you cant turn in certain days. If Fri and Sat, good luck, your pings will non stop asking you go Clark Quay. Pick up point is taxi stand Tan Tye Place outside Zourk, Lobby at Novetel or Bus stop in front Daimaru.
Within that region, calls will also from Kramat Lane (Hotel Concorde, Chancellor, etc) and also Cuppage Plaza.

These are my personal experience and feel free to share in any platform if required.

Last edited:

Tokieda

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
apart from longer hours and more cost, is getting a tdvl better than just pdvl?

Cranyon

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips...

touchwood, but the chance of getting pax merlion in your car is high, where to clean car in the middle of night?

side track abit, i ever kena an old auntie carsick in the middle of the afternoon, lucky i pass her a big shopping bag in time to merlion.. :s13:

Guide to New UG Babies Part II

East
When you are in Changi Airport, Pasir Ris or Tampines

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Just keep a lot of NTUC plastic bags behind your driver or passenger seats. Always pre-empt, see not ok when pick up ask them ok or not and pass them the bag. But sometimes some dead drunk really suxk. Just drive to petrol kiosk as them to wash but unlikely you can continue drive. Keep the receipt and file the claim on the rider which Uber allow. Max $75 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.