Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft Sinkie

Reaction score
Tiagong there ish always gotch market for Uber Grab drivers because MRT always delay, crash or wet. And also gotch people say need to have 10 million population. Going to sign up to be Uber Grab driver nao!

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/ex-hdb-chief-singapore-must-still-aim-population-10-million

I like how you always tiagong from here and there. I don't have many friends to tiagong from.

MRT problem doesn't mean surge will go up. Got one Saturday night, Uber off the surge to "help" passengers get home. Clearly a PR stunt. From 10pm to midnight only have 1.4x boost.

The most surge I saw recently is up to 2.4x. Uber surge is controlled. If not, MRT down, it would have been 4/5x. I also tiagong from lao laojiao that was in the past where more than 2.5x is possible.

The most I got was 2.3x at the edge of Sentosa Cove. Half an hour trip earn $20+.

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need advise from all the old birds here.

I'm interested to be a PH driver using my own car, wat are the things to do?

Will the car insurance converted to commercial will be a huge impact?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From map red, wait until map white, 0 pings. Uber, you power lah!

Lucky I hit my incentive liao, so just wait in the car.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for reaching us. I'm glad to assist you with this.

Have converted to own vehicle scheme since 03 October 2017. One word: Great!

Just log in to www.onemotoring.com:

1) go to ownership>vehichle scheme/spoecifications > convert my vehicle scheme
2) Select conversion type > Passenger (P) to Private Hire (Z)
3) Payment of $100 online to Land Trasnport Authority for regulatory cost

Purchase commercial insurance. I can provide you with competitive quote, as am quite well-versed on the pricing. Note: I am not a agent. Just that my platform able to source for good and cheap deal. NCD (if any) can carry forward. Last but not least, the difference in amount is not huge. I paid only $100 additional.

4) Proceed STA to stick decal at $20.00

Should you require any clarification, please feel to let us know.

Hi,

Need advise from all the old birds here.

I'm interested to be a PH driver using my own car, wat are the things to do?

Will the car insurance converted to commercial will be a huge impact?

lapisgrater

Reaction score
How is the market now?
Uni student drivenpart time can earn $600 per month?
If let's say 1 month commit 2 weekends to drive
Weekday night drives occasionally
On grab power hour with tribe car
Smove not yet 24. Can't drive.

I mean, it depends on the no. of rides you take up whenever you’re working during your free time? More rides = More moolah lor.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now all very easy to convert own car or use rental to drive UG

but most importantly is, do you have PDVL licence? now you need PDVL licence then can start driving UG.

And getting actual PDVL licence card is at least 4 months later from today.

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
now all very easy to convert own car or use rental to drive UG

but most importantly is, do you have PDVL licence? now you need PDVL licence then can start driving UG.

And getting actual PDVL licence card is at least 4 months later from today.

Wow! 4 months. Going to apply asap

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using professional drivers, Uber caters to the mobility-challenged at almost the same price.
--------

Booking rides on Uber to become easier for people who need assistance getting around

SINGAPORE - From Tuesday (Nov 21), vehicle passengers who need assistance will find it easier to book a journey on ride-hailing app Uber.

The company announced on Monday it had made improvements to its uberAssist scheme, which has been around since 2015. The enhancements were made in partnership with the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC).

For one thing, the pool of trained drivers has grown, from 70 in 2015 to more than 500 now.

These drivers have all had basic assistance training developed by AIC, and are taught how to help passengers with dementia or who use assistive devices such as wheelchairs, get in and out of vehicles.

Bookings themselves will also become easier.

Previously, booking a ride under uberAssist required keying in a promo code. Now, however, uberAssist will appear as an option on the booking page. Riders need only scroll until they find the option, alongside the uberX or uberPool options. The cost of a ride on uberAssist is around the same as one on the company's main ride-hailing service, uberX, said Uber.

General manager of Uber Singapore and Malaysia Warren Tseng said the company worked closely with AIC to expand its uberAssist service to more passengers.

Dr Jason Cheah, AIC chief executive, added: "We are heartened that seniors who need assistance with transport will have more options with uberAssist. With support to access care services and continue daily routines, seniors can continue to live and age well at home and in the community."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...easier-for-people-who-need-assistance-getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.