Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone51

Reaction score
Do you guys faced such ERPs disputes with cash paying passengers, that amount shown on app excludes ERPs/tolls?

Credit card paying passengers i suppose they either don't bother or just not aware.

stupid_donkey

Banned
Reaction score
Btw now Justgrab also got comfort taxi liao?
This is my ytd trip...
M52UxRn.png

sherica

Reaction score
Do you guys faced such ERPs disputes with cash paying passengers, that amount shown on app excludes ERPs/tolls?

Credit card paying passengers i suppose they either don't bother or just not aware.

only doing Uber so far but no such problem. if you follow uber route it means its calculated inside already. if you see fare breakdown you will see the toll price inside.

if its not included for some reason you can claim back from uber and they will determine whether your car really pass through that ERP gantry at that particular timing of the trip.

stone51

Reaction score
only doing Uber so far but no such problem. if you follow uber route it means its calculated inside already. if you see fare breakdown you will see the toll price inside.

if its not included for some reason you can claim back from uber and they will determine whether your car really pass through that ERP gantry at that particular timing of the trip.
I'm not worried abt the fare paid to me is missing the ERP fee.
As u mentioned, can msg Uber to get it back.

It's more of passengers' end where the fare shown (when they book) doesn't include
the ERP/Toll but the final amount includes and they have to pay more. Nasty ones will argue, dispute.

stone51

Reaction score
It happened to me once where on same day, 3 different cash paying passsengers were shocked/surprised that they need to pay more than the fare shown upon booking.

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
Where to check pdvl test results? Took the pdvl test 2 weeks ago and today received my results in my email. 54% for paper 1 and 96% for paper 2. I remember I got 80% plus for paper 1. Don't understand how come I scored 54% for paper 1. Knn

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uber very weak in the afternoon
If really wanna maximise the profit, need to work split shift but will affect sleeping hrs

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

Now the pattern is drive Uber morning peak then drive grab off peak and evening peak then Uber at night in surge areas. Apply for weekday only

HellHunter

Reaction score
It happened to me once where on same day, 3 different cash paying passsengers were shocked/surprised that they need to pay more than the fare shown upon booking.

The fare difference from the passenger app to what the final fare tabulated on driver's app isn't due to ERP/Toll inclusion, it's the per min/KM charges. Grab's fares are fixed and upfront but do not include ERP/Toll which driver inputs at the end of trip. Uber's fares are estimates but are supposed to include ERP/tolls.

The passenger is only given an estimate during booking which may go up during peak hour jams/if they ask you to take a longer route that they prefer. I tell pax to contact Uber support at the end of trip to ask about the fare discrepancy..a lot of people can't seem to grasp the concept of a fare estimate..Uber also are idiots..they went to a fixed upfront fare for a while like Grab last time then decided to revert back to fare estimates....

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stone. To clarify, referring to Black right from the start.
Green yes, very mafan. Have to remember additional incurred. Else lugi max

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If passenger already in CBD while you outside and you kena "ping" to go in, u have to bear the ERP cost yourself. Uber wont reimburse you. Passenger fare also won't have such "fee". But if after u picked them and u travel along CTE ERP during peak hour say $2, then passenger fare will have this additional $2.

I kena once along Jalan Sultan Rd @ 3pm to pick up someone at Bugis to Jalan Besar.
Fare abt $4.96 (after Uber top up from $2+)
ERP to go in $2. petrol to and fro est $1.

My net profit for that trip $4.96-$2-$1 = $1.96
Not entirely true... Uber based the fares on estimates, on a best route.

I took a Uber home from AP, my driver for some reason prefer PIE over TPE, so he took PIE, resulting in a $3 ERP. I told myself once I alight I will dispute the fare with Uber.

Surprisingly the previously upfront quoted price still stands, the $3 was 'factored' in already. Either that, the driver has to bear the cost if he chooses that route with ERP when the app tells him to go by non-ERP.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't argue, I just let the pax alight, collect what is on my screen.

Missing tolls, ERPs etc, I will just raise a dispute with Uber, happened a few times I sent pax into Sentosa, $7 is not included in the cash fare. The toll row shows $0.

Nevermind, collect cash, then raise ticket to Uber, Uber will pay you. No need argue, fight with pax.

Another time pax insist I go into basement, alas, no signal, my payment page shows loading, she show me her app, x.xx. Ok lor, no choice take. Went up, it was $xx.xx. I called the pax, pax refuse to pick up - probably know about this. Raise ticket to Uber, Uber reimbursed me the fare.

So don't complain and fight with pax, bo hua.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to check pdvl test results? Took the pdvl test 2 weeks ago and today received my results in my email. 54% for paper 1 and 96% for paper 2. I remember I got 80% plus for paper 1. Don't understand how come I scored 54% for paper 1. Knn
They used to print on the spot, apparently now none.

I just got my results too. My friend paper 1 92%, but receive results also 82%, but since passed, he don't care liaos.

mafia6

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just got my PDVL. Any recommendations on which car rental to go for or just take up with LCR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.