Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmylimts

Reaction score
Thinking of eventually renting from grab rental too due to the weekly $150 rental rebate incentive, but AR seem high (90% at least) if to qualify for the weekly rebate, it’s like have to drive whatever they allocated you, no cheery picking and the bar seem high... can anyone advice is committing to renting from grab rental a good move? Tia

Grab rental have 2 levels
75trip for $100
100 for $150
To hit, just close eyes and take whatever jobs.
Need focus just on G to hit about 80 trips per week. If that bar is too high, forget about renting from grab partners.

Pro is if car got trouble, rental MUST fit else kpkb to grab.
Con is tio ban on G, cannot use car to do U.

jimmylimts

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm new here. Still deciding which one to join, Grab or Uber. Read up a lot but still cannot decide. Can share your opinions and tips?

I have a full-time job and will only do this part-time. So maybe 4-5hours per weekday and 6hours per Sat/Sun like that..

I will be renting a car for this and looking to bring home 1-1.5K per month.

Is this doable?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Easily 2K plus. If not, you are doing it wrong, find a sifu.
I am doing it pt.

Normal day

Reaction score
Grab rental have 2 levels
75trip for $100
100 for $150
To hit, just close eyes and take whatever jobs.
Need focus just on G to hit about 80 trips per week. If that bar is too high, forget about renting from grab partners.

Pro is if car got trouble, rental MUST fit else kpkb to grab.
Con is tio ban on G, cannot use car to do U.

Thanks for the insight, guess tio ban is die straight straight

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
Easily 2K plus. If not, you are doing it wrong, find a sifu.
I am doing it pt.

What are the ideal hours to drive for part timers? I can only drive 7pm onwards for weekdays but weekends flexible.

Anyway rent a car for pt I think bohua, better to go for per hour rental like Smove.

RollinMao

Reaction score
Sic the lobang pls. Tks
I went to motorist sg to get quotation. The guy came down to value my car first then confirm the value. If you want the contact, i can send u via PM.
There are a few offers also but i am lazy to compare more.

Better then mine. Last time i send my vios go scrapyard scrap directly. Body value only $80
They told me they going to export the car. But idc what they going to do as long as i get more money lol.

ProLogic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of eventually renting from grab rental too due to the weekly $150 rental rebate incentive, but AR seem high (90% at least) if to qualify for the weekly rebate, it’s like have to drive whatever they allocated you, no cheery picking and the bar seem high... can anyone advice is committing to renting from grab rental a good move? Tia

Tiagong if cannotch cherry pick fares ish can be quite cui.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
d06Y3N1l.jpg

n5MOuW7l.jpg

really final destination:(

jimmylimts

Reaction score
What are the ideal hours to drive for part timers? I can only drive 7pm onwards for weekdays but weekends flexible.

Anyway rent a car for pt I think bohua, better to go for per hour rental like Smove.

Ur timing is correct.
U are clocking 45-50hrs per week. If so, I think rent is better.
U go sum-up rental from smove for the timings u want to drive for a week and see if better to get a rental car. Nothing makes thing clearer than facts and numbers, no tiagong.

Smove can only do U.
Tribecar can do both.

RollinMao

Reaction score
For me, i am driving my own car for pt ug. Depre less than 8k.
Every week i only drive friday evening, sat whole day and sun (depends what time i hit my target incentive. Normally is only until 2pm)

Normally I can hit the lowest level of incentive which is about 60 trips. Total fare is about 600 + 200 incentive total near to 800. minus admin fee 20% (120) and petrol (100) total nett is about 500.

Based on the christmas weekend, total nett for me is about 550. New year weekend the incentive is 80 trips so i didn't drive and spend time with family...

jimmylimts

Reaction score
tiagong if cannot work during peak hours the earnings will be quite cui? I assume this is doing part-time during peak hours? 7am-10am and 5pm-8pm.

I am in office 8am-5.30pm officially. No steal chicken, no drive to office, no tiagong. Only can drive part of evening peak.

Stirling69

Reaction score
The number of trips will keep increasing once you hit the top tier consistently.

For me, i am driving my own car for pt ug. Depre less than 8k.
Every week i only drive friday evening, sat whole day and sun (depends what time i hit my target incentive. Normally is only until 2pm)

Normally I can hit the lowest level of incentive which is about 60 trips. Total fare is about 600 + 200 incentive total near to 800. minus admin fee 20% (120) and petrol (100) total nett is about 500.

Based on the christmas weekend, total nett for me is about 550. New year weekend the incentive is 80 trips so i didn't drive and spend time with family...

Normal day

Reaction score
Tiagong if cannotch cherry pick fares ish can be quite cui.

Hmmm,so is it better i forgo $150 grab rental rebate p/w and rent from third party and cherry pick and also drive on both platform? Can this offset the rebate but also have more freedom to choose?? Or just numb the brain and drive whatever allocated to me and earn rental rebate?

snow_lim

Reaction score
Now ar less than 30% no suspend but commission will be higher cherry pick might be harder liao

Hmmm,so is it better i forgo $150 grab rental rebate p/w and rent from third party and cherry pick and also drive on both platform? Can this offset the rebate but also have more freedom to choose?? Or just numb the brain and drive whatever allocated to me and earn rental rebate?

2wiremodem

Reaction score
Sian

Just sharing my own experience, been driving part time grab since last year April.

Last time usually drives weeknights, like after 10pm kind until 3-4am.
Earnings quite good and still can hit part time incentives. plus no need worry about ERP or traffic conditions.
1 hr $30-$35 gross.

Recently I left my FT job and started driving grab PT peak hours, 7-10am.
Now work 3-4 hours only get $80+ gross. Still have to worry about traffic condition and also ERP.
Plus usually drive night time, passengers give 5*. now drive morning, rating will drop sia.

I usually don't cherry pick, got call come just take only. LOl

littlekitten

Reaction score
ERP charges are passed onto passengers, no?

So you've left your full time job. Do you enjoy driving for green now? :)

Just sharing my own experience, been driving part time grab since last year April.

Last time usually drives weeknights, like after 10pm kind until 3-4am.
Earnings quite good and still can hit part time incentives. plus no need worry about ERP or traffic conditions.
1 hr $30-$35 gross.

Recently I left my FT job and started driving grab PT peak hours, 7-10am.
Now work 3-4 hours only get $80+ gross. Still have to worry about traffic condition and also ERP.
Plus usually drive night time, passengers give 5*. now drive morning, rating will drop sia.

I usually don't cherry pick, got call come just take only. LOl

RollinMao

Reaction score
ERP charges are passed onto passengers, no?

So you've left your full time job. Do you enjoy driving for green now? :)
ERP go to rider but they will ask why go by ERP road. Sometimes even forgot to key in the toll charges...
Once a rider asked me why additional $2. I said because of ERP (apparently a malaysian in SG for holiday...)

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's good to know! If can make 2K take-home a month is already above my expectation for PT..

I am going to sign up with Uber, going to apply for PDVL first.. this will take some time.

Should I go with 5 weeks rental from LCR? Rates quite high leh if rent minimum period or should I just bite my guts and go for 3mos or 6mos..
Ppl earn 2k is using own car
U think u rent can earn 2k?
Plus u need to sacrifice most of ur free time on weekend to earn that

Also, whenever ppl post earning using own car, i doubt they calculate the car daily cost
Car daily cost means the car depre itself and servicing, it is not petrol only
1 full day drive chao chao 200-300km mileage or more
1 week almost 1k, 1 mth is 4k and every 10k u need to change oil
As mileage increase, wear n tear parts need to change earlier also

Dun look at the surface
There are hidden cost behind
This is for ppl who use own car

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fyi i dun mean using own car is more ex than rental car due to servicing cost
What im trying to say is dun look at the surface of the earning amt

2k goes into bank and i just need to deduct petrol, the rest is my earning
This is a wrong calculation

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.