What tyres are you using~?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
US tyre association has announce that tyres can still be sold within 6years of production. Never recommend how long a tyre can be used from date of production.

My tyres production is five years old...2010..
So far so good.
What me worry......I don't speed more than the road limit.

Actually recommended life-span is 4yrs from date of manufacture. But normally can last slightly longer. I chg my 1st set when my car 5yo. Nw my car coming to 10yo so the 2nd set coming 5yo(manuf on year2012).

Jus take note n checked if yr tyres gt signs of cracked. I using yokohama blue earth 195/60R15. Comfort. Quite good grip cos during the bend when coming from bke to pie (tuas), can drive 70km. More than 80km can feel the car drift abit.

Last edited:

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using bridgestone, change annually with or without thread left. Tyre got lifespan heat and cold once on the road, the written life spans is for storage period and not on the road hor. After a year tyre become hard like plastic no grip powah. Danger driving in the rain yo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.