What tyres are you using~?

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IjOYjPVl.jpg

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard there is a way to seal the tyres to prevent punctures. Coating the inside with something, anyone did that?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I heard there is a way to seal the tyres to prevent punctures. Coating the inside with something, anyone did that?
Nvr heard of. At most will delay the puncture from getting worse. Really don believe can PREVENT it. Unless yr tyres is nt rubber.

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes there is such a coating. However its not cost effective. A few people tried doing this but the business never took off.

Most people are too cheap for this sort of thing.

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes there is such a coating. However its not cost effective. A few people tried doing this but the business never took off.

Most people are too cheap for this sort of thing.

I think it is more effective to simply use run flat tyres. But then again, they are not cheap also. :o

Zopizz

Reaction score
Run flat is ex and super heavy enough to slow your car down, affecting fuel consumption even.

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
runflat tyres are rated for 80kmh max speed after total deflation for 150km distance. It needs to be paired with TPMS to be used effectively. If u dont have tpms, there wont be any sensation and you will only realise after wrecking the expensive runflats.

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Infeasible for small country like sg.
Unlike USA or China, the nearest tow truck could be 500 km away

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT

runflat tyres are rated for 80kmh max speed after total deflation for 150km distance. It needs to be paired with TPMS to be used effectively. If u dont have tpms, there wont be any sensation and you will only realise after wrecking the expensive runflats.

These are probably the same reasons (my guess) why the puncture prevention spray/foam didn't succeed. :)

Agree that such things are not popular in SG due to convenience and availability of workshops and tow trucks. Personally I don't even carry spare tire or the provided tire repair kit/foam in my cars to reduce weight.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dragon mod... i ever asked whether to keep spare, also due to weight etc. Moreover, i also do not know how to change (if required). :(

also upon de-reg, do u all keep or just throw everything to yard/dealer

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently using Bridgestone GR100 tyres. very quiet set of tyres. highly recommended!

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
dragon mod... i ever asked whether to keep spare, also due to weight etc. Moreover, i also do not know how to change (if required). :(

also upon de-reg, do u all keep or just throw everything to yard/dealer

If you don't intend to DIY change tire in the event of a tire puncture then it is redundant to keep the spare tire in the car. I have contacts for my preferred workshops, tire shops, emergency tow service, 24hr on-site tire repair etc. So I am confident that in SG, help is just a phonecall away.

For de-reg or sale of cars, I will de-kit and sell or give away useful parts to my friends or preferred workshops. For de-reg I always check with workshops or exporters instead of scrap yards. Scrap yards usually only give measly scrap value.

Hope this helps. :)

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goodyear assymetric 2.
probably quieter than my previous Kumho.
but for my next set of tyres, i will get something cheaper to last until COE is over.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.