What will you buy for your new car?

Philipkee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just for discussion purpose, as guess street directory is going to be a thing in the past sooner or later.
If gps failed, or rather many are using hp's gps/aps to find their way around town nowadays.

Handphone can fail also. Nothing beats a manual backup. Just in case.

But one advantage if you call it that. With street directory you need to park the car then look for directions instead of using handphone or GPS and looking at it and then not focusing on the road. I try my very best not to use GPS unless someone is next to me in the car. Very distracting.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But one advantage if you call it that. With street directory you need to park the car then look for directions instead of using handphone or GPS and looking at it and then not focusing on the road. I try my very best not to use GPS unless someone is next to me in the car. Very distracting.
Very true! But must know or rather remember the route well.
Old man like me tend to forget after seeing and may need to stop a time or more to re-confirm again.
Always a good back up thou.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't lower the wheels or suspension, the body will hit the kerb. Heng I never did this.
Might be. But once u lowered, u will always do so for all yr future cars. Cause u seen it looks much more nicer. Of cause not extreme lah. I normally lower to abt 1 n half or 2 fingers gap. Good for everyday use with worrying about high humps or kerbs.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score

Another advantageare of using the street directory planning the route ahead of the trip and forcing me to remember these routes:s13:

Like most people, I switched to GPS. The street directory is taking up space inside the car. Occasionally, I still relies on the online OneMap to plan my routes. Most of the time, the GPS is for traffic awareness purposes for me.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another advantageare of using the street directory planning the route ahead of the trip and forcing me to remember these routes:s13:

Like most people, I switched to GPS. The street directory is taking up space inside the car. Occasionally, I still relies on the online OneMap to plan my routes. Most of the time, the GPS is for traffic awareness purposes for me.
Street directory is a must if you are a taxi lao... but most taxi lao also use GPS liao.

Using GPS is not to always fix your eyes on the GPS and don't look at the roads, is to look ahead and see the road name and how far more. Sometimes I do Uber also list down all the turns and agar agar along the way go.

Reliant on GPS is okay, but not when your eyes are fixed only at the GPS and not on the roads.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering is there a add on anti glare rear view mirror that is similar to those electrochromic rearview mirror available on market?

Most I have seen are those broad view mirrors.
How does it differ from tilting the mirrors manually?

greddy88

Reaction score
How does it differ from tilting the mirrors manually?

It will turn bluish color when a shine is detected.
Not sure about other cars.. Mine came with it. Rear view and side mirrors.

Dun need to adjust here adjust there. All automatic

greddy88

Reaction score
IMO street directory and gps also no need
Just buy a thing to kiap ur phone on the dashboard or aircon vent

Street directory got online version for android apple
Gps use waze can alr

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

Used to use the kiap kind. Later found a magnetic type.
U stick a round magnet to your dash or anywhere and another metal piece to your phone.
It sticks very well and looks neat than the offbeat kiap holder

greddy88

Reaction score
Might be. But once u lowered, u will always do so for all yr future cars. Cause u seen it looks much more nicer. Of cause not extreme lah. I normally lower to abt 1 n half or 2 fingers gap. Good for everyday use with worrying about high humps or kerbs.

Alternative is to upsize your rims loh..
Remember to avoid heavy steel and replicas that may have quality issues.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most common items:

1. Change new rims and tires (usually stock ones are puny / ugly)
2. Install front + rear camera (must have nowadays with the no. of idiots on the roads)
3. Upgrade solar films (stock ones are usually very basic with min. UV protection)
4. Paint protection system - Though I realise after 6 months the effect wears off and isn't worth it
5. Better car mats (stock ones aren't durable enough)
6. Throttle controller

After that I spent on aesthetic items like side skirts, matt aluminium side mirror covers.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will turn bluish color when a shine is detected.
Not sure about other cars.. Mine came with it. Rear view and side mirrors.

Dun need to adjust here adjust there. All automatic

At night its nt v good... U cant see the rear car plate or even ur rear seat fren face etc.. but not glaring at all

ValentinoRyan

Reaction score
Hi, just want to start a thread and for my own understanding what will usually an experience driver will acquire for their new car?

Example:
- rear camera
- dashboard in-car camera
- car mats
- tinted windows
- door protectors rubber
- rim protector
- etc?

For me,

1. Air Freshener
2. Car Shampoo, Lexol Leather Conditioner, Spray Wax, Zwipes Micro Fiber Towel, Rim Cleaner
3. Change of rims (if you think it's required :s13:)
4. Larger SD Card for your in-car camera
5. Car Phone Holder
6. Car Seat Hook x 2
7. ERP Cashcard Cover and cash card
8. Car Charger and cables
9. some wet tissue for bird poo attack :s8:

personally i use back default car mat as i hate the smell when placing in a new car mat.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me,

1. Air Freshener
2. Car Shampoo, Lexol Leather Conditioner, Spray Wax, Zwipes Micro Fiber Towel, Rim Cleaner
3. Change of rims (if you think it's required :s13:)
4. Larger SD Card for your in-car camera
5. Car Phone Holder
6. Car Seat Hook x 2
7. ERP Cashcard Cover and cash card
8. Car Charger and cables
9. some wet tissue for bird poo attack :s8:

personally i use back default car mat as i hate the smell when placing in a new car mat.

Wet tissue can take from those eating places.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.